SP Fantasy The Wutai War, 0.5 Released!

Do you prefer small frequent updates or large, hugely converting, but rare updates?

• Frequent but less content.

Votes: 81 41.3%
  • Rare, but more content.

Votes: 115 58.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

(1st post)

This actually looks amazing, not to be mean, but I have seen many mods that look amazing, and just given up.

I really hope you wont do the same, as I am a huge fan of FF7 and MnB is just an awesome game.

The Mercenary said:
Has Vincent been ****ed up by Chaos yet? I don't remember his storyline very well.

I do not know, his timeline is very unclear, but i think he slumbers during the war.

I realized Scarlet is a man (now fixed) and that i should never have brought Seto up.

Edit: I have renamed the Companions, renamed Horse Merchants into Chocobo Merchants and Guild Masters into Urban Development Managers.
There should no longer be ANY references to old characters.

Sure, there is a bit few tiles at the moment, but there is a redundant sea texture that we can can redo and make passable.
What we would need is a swamp, grass, a proper (orange-ish) steppe and 2 mountain texture (steppe mountains and normal).

you said the soldier weapons (or many of the ff7 weapons) are ridicoulus large and overpowered

i guess that IS FF7 (sorry for my bad english, i am german ) and it would be great if you add them (masamune for example)

would you add sephiroth as an extremly powerful  soldier ?

I want to abstain from it as much as possible, i intend however to have Masamune and the Buster sword in.

Here's a few screens with turks in battle:
mb20.jpg

mb16.jpg

mb21.jpg

I feel it is slightly starting to come along.

I'd still suggest having Sephiroth in there as a commander for ShinRa. He was THE main SOLDIER, the famous and slaughteriffic hero at the time. Then he snapped and turned into a homicidal maniac, but during the War he was a hero who everyone idolized.

The Mercenary said:
I'd still suggest having Sephiroth in there as a commander for ShinRa. He was THE main SOLDIER, the famous and slaughteriffic hero at the time. Then he snapped and turned into a homicidal maniac, but during the War he was a hero who everyone idolized.

Maybe if we get his equipment one day.

Anyway, i will probably make Cosmo Canyon an independent faction with the next release.
However, that would leave Wutai and Cosmo Canyon with 1 town each, and ShinRa with 3. I guess i could accommodate for that with more/better units though.
I was thinking of something like this:
ShinRa has the upper hand due to technology, while Wutai has the numbers.
Cosmo Canyon survives due to dedicated and powerful, yet few defenders.

I finally managed to get UV mapping going.
That means i finally will get some textures for the map icons.
Although i still suck at texturing. But at least it's better than how they currently are.

Wow this is ****ing awesome! I am so happy I stumbled upon this. I am really hoping however that you include SOLDIER in this. Along with the way they can rank up, 3rd class 2nd 1st, etc... You should also include just simple Shinra infantry.

SOLDIERS2nd3rd.jpg

awesome man, i'm so excited for this. I wish there was something I could do to contribute, but I don't really have that much experience with this kind of stuff. All I have is ideas, thats about it.

Ok, i've started retexturing the map icons.

I just finished Fort Condor, and i am quite pleased with the result:
mb1-2.jpg

Note: The screenshot is taken from a laptop without GE and fairly low settings.

Back
Top Bottom