SP Fantasy The Wutai War, 0.5 Released!

Do you prefer small frequent updates or large, hugely converting, but rare updates?

• Frequent but less content.

Votes: 81 41.3%
  • Rare, but more content.

Votes: 115 58.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

captain lust said:
and.. downloading.

btw, do you plan to make scenes just like in the game?

I hope to do so in future versions, but it would require a tremendous amount of modeling. (Although it's exceptional what a good texture can remedy)

bjorne. said:
i guess they play instead of posting

Perhaps

Just got round to playing the new update and running around on Chocobos is cool. I'm having no problems with them (other than sound) looking forward to seeingwhat happens in the future. You could use materia as they "trade" goods for the game and maybe could add the Mythril (sp?) Mines in as a village in the pass between Midgar and Junon.

Well the map is certainly excellent but there's still a way to go.

I think the gameplay needs to be considered.

I felt like I was a long way from a town alot of the time and the services it provides.

How about having caravans be able to buy and sell goods?

I don't know why but it was very hard. I ended up with no money, no chocobo and no weapon. That's never happened to me before.

Maybe offer cheap chocobos at chocobo farm. say you pay 100 or so gil but you just get a really crappy chocobo. Anything to help me beat those desperate people.

Just a few things to consider.

But I was very impressed with the map. it's a great replica.

blowcrapup said:
Just got round to playing the new update and running around on Chocobos is cool. I'm having no problems with them (other than sound) looking forward to seeingwhat happens in the future. You could use materia as they "trade" goods for the game and maybe could add the Mythril (sp?) Mines in as a village in the pass between Midgar and Junon.

Oh yeah something cool with materia might be good.

blowcrapup said:
I'm having no problems with them (other than sound) looking forward to seeingwhat happens in the future.

Ah yes, i hope can find some sort of lighter running sound (something grassy), if anyone knows any got sources. Pray tell.

blowcrapup said:
You could use materia as they "trade" goods for the game
Maybe, depends what other's think.

As for the mines between Junon and Midgar, making a mine entrance map icon with a script similar to the Junon - Costa del Sol travel shouldn't be too hard.

captain lust said:
How about having caravans be able to buy and sell goods?

Could be done, i already have a basic idea of a script that should do it. A script which should also subtract that specific item from some towns, if you buy it before the caravan get's there, he wont be able to sell it to the merchants, which then again would make it available, right?

captain lust said:
I don't know why but it was very hard. I ended up with no money, no chocobo and no weapon. That's never happened to me before.

Maybe offer cheap chocobos at chocobo farm. say you pay 100 or so gil but you just get a really crappy chocobo. Anything to help me beat those desperate people.
I'll see if i can come up with something.

captain lust said:
But I was very impressed with the map. it's a great replica.

I have to admit that the western continent is quite incorrect, but due to purely technical reasons.

I'm quite impressed by these chocobos!  :grin: I see you've got some FF tracks as well.  :smile:

They appear to have absolutely no rigging problems - the animation is flawless.

However, there appears to be a minor positioning issue:
mb1-3.jpg

You probably don't have to re-rig or re-export this: All you probably need to do is go to Edit -> Translate in BRFedit, and translate it back about -.04 units along the Y axis to move the rider's positioning forward a bit.

Can't wait to see the finished result.

yea, i agree, just move the guy up a little bit closer to the front of the bird thing, and ur good. any way, fun mod, cant wait to follow its progress, i think u have some talent :grin:

Just tried it out, and the Chocobos are bloody brilliant. I loved wheeling back and forth on one with an axe, and those ****ers are fast. One problem I had was that in the dialogue screen, my Chocobo was clipped somewhat in front of my character when I spoke. My character was stood, but the Chocobo must have been stood in the middle of the camera position. Looking forward to getting firearms in there.

Edit: Note on Chocobos: firing an arrow at ones head, the shot would only hit by its neck area. At the head, the arrow would fly straight through.

Edit: Fort Condor I think is better off now, though could you change the texture of its hill to rocky/mountainous? Or would that make it so you couldn't climb up it?

Locke said:
Edit: Note on Chocobos: firing an arrow at ones head, the shot would only hit by its neck area. At the head, the arrow would fly straight through.

Edit: Fort Condor I think is better off now, though could you change the texture of its hill to rocky/mountainous? Or would that make it so you couldn't climb up it?
Hitboxes aren't editable, so not much i can do. I think it fits as well as it can comparing a horse to a bird.  :???:

As for Fort Condor, any rocky texture is impassible, but i'll see if i can't make a grassy path.

Fei Dao said:
However, there appears to be a minor positioning issue:
*img*
You probably don't have to re-rig or re-export this: All you probably need to do is go to Edit -> Translate in BRFedit, and translate it back about -.04 units along the Y axis to move the rider's positioning forward a bit.

Yeah, a quick fix.
I'll have a look. It would also probably fix the dialog scene clipping issue.

wow, thanks for the positive feedback.

It's been the biggest/toughest rigging job i've done but i'm really pleased with the results.

I'm testing moving it back a little as we speak.

EDIT: I can confirm it wasn't as simple as moving them back.

I'll need to re-rig the feet. I haven't spoken to sheriff about it yet but it should be done for 0.3

(still waiting for captain lust)

Some thoughts i came up with:
I really like the concept of the Turks, and want to do a lot on them. I want them to be very unique and play an important role in the mod.
I should rename the tavern in Midgar to 7th heaven  :lol:

I also thought of some other stuff that i don't remember right now.

By the way, i think i saw a lame chocobo for 128 gil.

I had a small idea last night. Instead of using books to give you skill boosts you could use artifacts from the Cetra (the Ancients) to give them. I don't know how hard/easy this would be to do though.

Wow... it looks great from the screenshots.... but the installer(I think what I'm downloading is the installer/am I right?) doesn't seem to work for me. Even though I've tried it twice... I'll try it one more time.

Heh heh IT WORKED!

I should also be able to make a bandit check (when you randomly encounter bandits in towns) when you travel through, that means i would need a scene though.
It would be awesome if it is possible to make it spawn Turks, and it probably is possible. Even better if it's possible to randomize between set units. I.E a group of Infantrymen or Turks.

Sheriff-murder said:
I should also be able to make a bandit check (when you randomly encounter bandits in towns) when you travel through, that means i would need a scene though.
It would be awesome if it is possible to make it spawn Turks, and it probably is possible. Even better if it's possible to randomize between set units. I.E a group of Infantrymen or Turks.
yea, i have seen mods where they change the units that attack in randomly in towns

It's odd how immensely hard it is to get a hold of already made models, would have thought that plenty of people would have made stuff considering it's popularity.
It's not that i do not want to make stuff for the mod, but if i can find some available models, i don't see why i should spend a lot time on a probably crappier result.
If anyone else know any resources, pray tell

Back
Top Bottom