The word "priority" is definitely not in the dev's dictionary...

Users who are viewing this thread

Any type of software development of this magnitude usually comes with a work plan of some kind, and especially working from home they have to have some kind of internal document to know who is working on what and when they can be expected to be done with that.

Now I am not asking that they share that with us, that would be insane, but a general roadmap would be much appreciated and it would make reporting relevant bugs easier. Devs wouldn't really need to give anything to Callum, the outline you are talking of is already there (unless they are just letting everyone work on random things with no supervision, in which case we are all doomed :lol: but I somehow doubt that is the case).

And yes I don't think that devs coming to answer in individual threads is a very efficient use of their time, it's part of why I am asking for this (it's awesome that they do that, don't get me wrong, but it's not their job). It's also really not uncommon to do this for EA titles.

No game developer comes into individual threads and answers questions. At least, the responsible ones.

What's said in the public has ramifications, which is why any company in development of something, will never divulge information unless they are absolutely sure of certain things. Those that do, are the ones usually get in trouble.

People have a habit of thinking if we say some crap on these forums, the devs need to come answer it every time. I don't know who or when this sort of thinking started, but it was never the case even well into the internet age.

(ps)

Not to mention, I am really curious as to what these kinds of threads, and the people who write it, aim to achieve by openly insulting the developers.

Do you people think this is some 5th-grade psychology? You beat around the bushes and lay down some bad-mouthing, and that's going to scare the devs to immediately fixing the game in the way you want, or come here and answer your every question, "yes sir" "no sir" "we're working on it sir"?

This is, like the text-book case of "black consumerism." Customers thinking they're entitled to stuff.

Any type of software development of this magnitude usually comes with a work plan of some kind, and especially working from home they have to have some kind of internal document to know who is working on what and when they can be expected to be done with that.

Now I am not asking that they share that with us, that would be insane, but a general roadmap would be much appreciated and it would make reporting relevant bugs easier. Devs wouldn't really need to give anything to Callum, the outline you are talking of is already there (unless they are just letting everyone work on random things with no supervision, in which case we are all doomed :lol: but I somehow doubt that is the case).

And yes I don't think that devs coming to answer in individual threads is a very efficient use of their time, it's part of why I am asking for this (it's awesome that they do that, don't get me wrong, but it's not their job). It's also really not uncommon to do this for EA titles.

This.

In cases of Early Access Games, with bugs and fixes constantly flying around communication is really key. I feel that a large amount of the outrage (be it vocal minority or otherwise) stems from a general lack of knowledge of where things are headed. I know the whole team is probably swamped trying to get everything to work nicely, but as you said even a short list of goals or fixes in the works would be reassuring to a lot of people. This would also help certain players know what to keep an eye out for when trying to find bugs and would help players that aren't interested interacting with the non-refined aspects of the game just yet.

Cutting out all the extra stuff - I think you guys should get a room ?
Only if you join us, so we can have a steamy ménage à trois
megusta.gif

I'm actually the guy who understands perfectly, doesn't see himself as a victim and deliberately chooses to be this guy, because this guy doesn't want to have to deal with the kind of guys that are the kind of guy you seem to be

Yet you keep replying.

As I said, clearly the kind of guy that will never understand that he is the one that is that kind of guy ?

(ps)

Not to mention, I am really curious as to what these kinds of threads, and the people who write it, aim to achieve by openly insulting the developers.

Do you people think this is some 5th-grade psychology? You beat around the bushes and lay down some bad-mouthing, and that's going to scare the devs to immediately fixing the game in the way you want, or come here and answer your every question, "yes sir" "no sir" "we're working on it sir"?

This is, like the text-book case of "black consumerism." Customers thinking they're entitled to stuff.

Seriously do you get paid for posting these? I'm voicing my legitimate concerns (that kingdom management and perks are the basics of the game) and I have no idea why you were acting as if everyone else is as mentally incapable as you are

and which part of my post is any sort of "insult"? By pointing out a major part of the game was missing out, like you bought a car but with only 3 wheels? Again you need to realise that most people here are mentally capable adults unlike yourself

Seriously do you get paid for posting these? I'm voicing my legitimate concerns (that kingdom management and perks are the basics of the game) and I have no idea why you were acting as if everyone else is as mentally incapable as you are

and which part of my post is any sort of "insult"? By pointing out a major part of the game was missing out, like you bought a car but with only 3 wheels? Again you need to realise that most people here are mentally capable adults unlike yourself

Youre voicing concerns about things that have already been addressed by the Devs. Certain features take longer than others and its enough to know its something they are working on. Theres no real use making more threads about it. Early Access doesn't forgive everything but features being in the works is to be very much expected. Aspects like the perk system, which is getting overhauled, is not only something that would be handled by a different section of the team, but also takes considerably longer than changing npc-face generation.

Your tone is clearly confrontational, and so is this post. This is the kind of attitude that gets spit into your soup when you go to a restaurant. You might get better results with voicing your concerns if you did that with some common courtesy.

Back
Top Bottom