Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

daq

Recruit
This kind of problem doesn't even need to be described in detail. I wonder why it continues to be ignored.

Imagine I'm besieging a city, I build some siege weapons and the siege lasts for many days, I keep building siege weapons to increase my advantage...
Then a group of AI lords acted like idiots and brought their own ragtag army to join the siege, and forcefully took over the command with impeccable means. Stop building anything, and just force the attack. (Or change my construction plan).
My previous siege for many days and my strategy were replaced by a direct attack by a group of idiot AI lords.

There are two possibilities at this time
A. Continue the siege, because the proportion of miscellaneous troops dilutes the number of the player's elite troops, and the elite troops lose more than half, resulting in a miserable victory.
B. If the player abandons the siege, the AI will continue to attack anyway.
This depends on whether the player's troops are very strong, which will cause two results:
B1. Players with very strong troops give up the siege. The AI army may fail in the attack and be completely annihilated, or it may be defeated and run away, for example, only about 200 people are left.
B2. Players with average strength give up the siege. The AI legion will lose a lot, then withdraw from the siege, and wait to recover the wounded soldiers. Then repeat the siege, lose soldiers, recover soldiers, and evacuate the siege several times, and finally there will be a very small number of troops left. Escape.

Is there an on/off button when the player does not need the help of other legions?

Spending time on this crappy balance extends the life of the gameIt's better to save your time to further improve the gameplay.
There are very few ways to play as a ruffian, and it's hard to call it gameplay.
Players also cannot serve as ordinary soldiers in the lord's army.
Why not use the extra time to do this?Instead, it's a mistake to waste time creating a false balance to annoy players and try to extend the life of the game.
If the content is rich, players will definitely play the game more times.

So, this design disgusts me. It negates my strategy and uses AI instead.
I feel like the planner is calling me a fool and that my strategies are not as good as those of a robot.
That's what disgusts me about it.
It's like this design makes you eat ****,And it's fed to you with a spoon.

But why do AI commanders deprive players of their command rights?
Is it like Blizzard teaching players how to play games?

Use false balanced designs that violate human thinking to achieve true balance?

Oh my friend, please don't be angry, you need to know that my vulgar words are not directed at you.
I have stated my point of view. Now if this designer or someone cannot give a reason for retaining this design.
Then he is a self-righteous idiot.
Now I can almost see it.
Some people seem to be busy all day long, but in fact they have no idea what they are doing. They are not competent and are fishing in troubled waters.

The issue you forwarded is intended by design. Any NPC that joins the army while on siege preperation phase that has more commanding skill than the player will be the new siege commander.

So a human player to also need hit the skill score.To obtain a command license.Otherwise will be mentally tortured by the AI.

And didn’t answer me about the reason for this design.

I still have the same point as before. The person who proposed this design is an idiot. It insults the player's command ability. Do you want to teach players how to play the game?

Arrogant, I will never play again.

Because I spent money to buy this game, when I want to experience spiritual joy, I must need the siege command permission, which is nothing more than increasing the play time to level up.
The problem is that I don't have time to waste meaningless time.
This kind of time cannot bring me happiness, which is contrary to the original intention of the game.

Last edited:
Been asked before, could have checked and saved yourself wasting time again writing all this out.
I never said I didn't know it was asked.
Everything I wrote was to show that this design is very unreasonable, and I also gave the unreasonable reasons.
But it seems that the designer sticks to his design without giving any reason. Or explanation.

But you're right about the other half, because the design team couldn't give any reason, so it seemed like my words were a waste of my time.

A lot of the times it's players besieging castles, with their clan parties, in an army but they only have 400 soldiers and spend a week building siege equipment, painfully slow because of how little men they have. An 800 army comes along and takes over, you can do the same and take over an ai's siege with a larger army and just build so fast you don't need to knock down the walls sometimes.

A lot of the times it's players besieging castles, with their clan parties, in an army but they only have 400 soldiers and spend a week building siege equipment, painfully slow because of how little men they have. An 800 army comes along and takes over, you can do the same and take over an ai's siege with a larger army and just build so fast you don't need to knock down the walls sometimes.
You are right, this is one of those situations.
But when players become familiar with some game situations and want to use their own rhythm to attack towns, unreasonable situations arise.

Let me tell you how I suddenly didn’t want to play anymore.

My family is already at Level 6, and has obviously gone through a lot of wars.
The people who are playing the game right now are me and some people who have encountered the same problem.
You know, players at this time really want to try to influence the war situation in various ways. I like this game.

But when you want to command the attack on the town yourself, your AI buddy comes all the way with its rabble.
He says, buddy, you can't command because one of your skill points is not enough.

Then the AI took over the siege. And because I have a lot of troops(my family is level 6, you can naturally imagine how many troops I have).
After the two armies merged, the tendency became very advantageous.
The AI will give up building siege equipment .
like bandits and attack directly, and then it's time to climb the ladder...

This situation often occurs when players have become proficient in the game and have developed for a period of time, such as a level 5 family.

So what I think is unreasonable is that if players encounter such problems, they must spend more time on specialized skill training.And these game times don't have much meaning.
These game times can't create much happiness. They are purely for siege command.This game has been released for a long time, and many players are no longer newbies.
I believe you are not a newbie either.

If there is a switch at this time, this problem can be solved, which is whether the player's legion needs the support of friendly forces when attacking the town.
Sometimes players don't need friendly support at all.

Back
Top Bottom