The word "priority" is definitely not in the dev's dictionary...

Users who are viewing this thread

You do realise that it isn't the same people working on those two entirely separate things right?

However, if we put that to one side, I can tell you that perks are currently being completely reworked which is why no fixes or changes have come to existing ones just yet. Kindom management is something that we planned to expand upon later during EA.
Most people here realise it but there's a vocal minority that doesn't grasp the fact that it's possible to work on more than one different parts of the game at once

That's why I asked whether they can even give an accurate picture of what's coming next/soon though. Giving a list of when we can roughly expect features might not be feasible or a good use of their time.

We have a "general roadmap" of what's in the works. They've told us through various blog posts, patch notes, and forum posts what are the general features we should expect (kingdom management, perks, criminal enterprises, diplomacy, marriage, etc, etc). Anything more detailed than that is bordering along what I've said above. I'm sure the internal design document is very large and would take a lot of effort to curate to be acceptable to release to the public.

Maybe I'm wrong though and they have a roadmap on the way. I'm just giving reasons why they may not.

They are split into different teams working on different parts of the game. Each with own priorities. If one makes changes faster they are released. Small graphic adjustments seems to take shorter time to be done while working on complex coding for some mechanics takes longer and will be released later.

Well they need to fire the team working on skills. I think half the people on this forum could do a better job of it, and would do it for free.

So I noticed that they changed the character's appearance several times over (and this time, mainly Khuzait, which they made them even LESS appealing)

In the meantime, character perks and kingdom management which are really the most essential for gameplay is yet to be implemented

You realize they have more than one person/team working on things right?

So I noticed that they changed the character's appearance several times over (and this time, mainly Khuzait, which they made them even LESS appealing)

In the meantime, character perks and kingdom management which are really the most essential for gameplay is yet to be implemented
Battanians, at least the women, look silly now as well. Not a fan of the latest change to appearance. I am a big fan of the game and even though we hit bugs, it is very fun to play.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I would guess.

You do realise that it isn't the same people working on those two entirely separate things right?

However, if we put that to one side, I can tell you that perks are currently being completely reworked which is why no fixes or changes have come to existing ones just yet. Kindom management is something that we planned to expand upon later during EA.
but the lack of kingdom management shortens the playable spectrum of the game by too much. Currently the only way to play it without much headache is to go mercenary forever. I think that the best option would be to develop a more complex place-holder to at least give the basic feeling of what the end-game should feel like. All needed to do is to allow war declaration + peace treaties (for the player), limit the egoistical behavior of rulers regarding fief assignments (and make the candidates more logical), and slap in cool-downs for the AI for how many war declarations they can do in a roll, and locking peace with a timer. This way forcing rarer 2 fronts wars, making 3 front wars as rare as t6 armor, and 4 fronts wars nearly impossible. Then turn the peace treaties into a forced peace state for 30 in-game days ± (*RNG(15 to 60)* -15), making it the minimum time for peace being 15 days, while making it possible to go straight up to a 2 months in-game with peace locked (making it more realistic and allowing AI and Players to pursue certain wars for longer). As is, it's not viable to pursue a war with a single nation for more than 2 army clashes + 2 sieges, because there's never enough time and the RNG war declarations put them at war with 3 to 4 factions at once, suffering aggravating "sneak" sieges from the late-comers...

Last edited:
Well they need to fire the team working on skills. I think half the people on this forum could do a better job of it, and would do it for free.

We have no way of knowing the difficulty of implementing certain changes. They have said that the skill/perk system is getting a total overhaul, and that is why it is taking longer to fix, they aren't applying fixes to individual skills that aren't working. That was stated in this thread

The development cycle is that things that were worked on the last 2 weeks are what is in a patch...stuff that breaks in that patch are put at the top of the work order for a patch that you may see in a day...or in weeks. Deal with it. You people act as if you have never been in an early access game before and if this IS the first time...learn the process before complaining. You are not going to get the stuff you want right now and you wont be getting a finished game for a very long time.

The development cycle is that things that were worked on the last 2 weeks are what is in a patch...stuff that breaks in that patch are put at the top of the work order for a patch that you may see in a day...or in weeks. Deal with it. You people act as if you have never been in an early access game before and if this IS the first time...learn the process before complaining. You are not going to get the stuff you want right now and you wont be getting a finished game for a very long time.
You're the kinda guy that bought The Stomping Lands who still believes the dev will return.

Last edited:
Give the specifics of some of the character changes, I'm curious what the priorities of the character design team actually are.

I dont know. i think your perspective is overly simplistic, you are taking for granted that A) they are not working on it as a priority, because it is yet to be implemented. and B) that creating/testing/implementing it would be very fast and easy (such as what you are comparing the feature to IE character appearances)

Also I dont know exactly what features you are talking about, but I grant character perks are probably easy (although may break the game, who knows wtf happens everytime they implement a change), and basic kingdom mgmt options (like diplomacy screen etc) could be easy (i 'assume' since some mods do it).

What features r u talking about?

You're the kinda guy that bought The Stomping Lands who still believes the dev will return.

You're the kind of guy that is going to grow old alone because he complains about every single little thing in life. Hey look, I can undermine your credibility instead of your argument(which you dont even have one) easily also. :coffee:

You're the kind of guy that is going to grow old alone because he complains about every single little thing in life. Hey look, I can undermine your credibility instead of your argument(which you dont even have one) easily also. :coffee:
You didn't undermine anything because you are right. I complain all the time because there is alot to complain about, all the time. My kind of guy and your kind of guy are incompatible, always at odds. Neither gives a damn about the other. Neither searches for the other but they always meet.
Besides everyone dies alone in the end. The only difference is one kind of guy will have a crowd, which is worth nothing since he'll be dead. The only thing that crowd does is spectating your white pants turning into brown pants when you **** the bed. :sneaky:

You're still that guy though.

I complain all the time because there is alot to complain about, all the time.

You're still that guy though.

I also love to complain in restaurants about my food not being done while they are still making it. (as the people around cringe)

You are the guy, that will never understand that he is that guy.because there is no one close enough to you to care to tell you ?

I also love to complain in restaurants about my food not being done while they are still making it. (as the people around cringe)

You are the guy, that will never understand that he is that guy.because there is no one close enough to you to care to tell you ?
I'm actually the guy who understands perfectly, doesn't see himself as a victim and deliberately chooses to be this guy, because this guy doesn't want to have to deal with the kind of guys that are the kind of guy you seem to be and would rather die in a car fire in the middle of a desert before he'd reconsider his choice. :whistle:

We all know you'd rather wait till it's too late and then complain, but it's never too late for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom