The Windows 10 Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Windows 10 wont let me reinstall my anti virus.
It ask me to remove spybot search and destroy but it was already removed. (i searched for it and couldn't find it)  :meh:

Edit: spybot only exist in windows.old
How do i remove it so i can install my anti virus?

:lol:

You could do a disk clean-up > system files > previous versions of windows. But that would delete your revert back.

The other option is to not install your antivirus. Unless you're prone to getting viruses or something.

Did it remove Windows.old? 'cos if it did you probably just killed your rollback, as mentioned above.

Correct, and correct. That is however substantially more work.

:wink: not that it's any of my concern though. I'm just saying words is all.

Not sure how your Win7 license will react to that though. The license may no longer be valid for Windows 7.

Not entirely sure, but that may be the case. The timeframe to revert is 30 days which would suggest to me that the license is indeed converted and you have 30 days to revert it back. As far as I am aware the way you revert it back is in settings -> update and recovery. This however uses Windows.old.

Windows.old however isn't bound by the 30 days and is there available to use until you choose to delete it - or until a cleaning tool removes it.

That is a potential issue with cleaning tools. All that can natively be done in windows without a tool and quite often it'll warn you about stuff like this - whereas cleaning tools don't always warn you.

I didn't get a choice in the switch, but windows 10 is part of this new bloody annoying "lets remove/hide/force as many settings as possible" trend with interfaces and applications ever since touchscreens took over. I can't customise the start menu beyond some superficial stuff (which is annoying because the search baar takes up a third of the screen), and options for changing the display of icons (details, list, large/small icons etc) only turns up on specific occasions.

The attempt to simplify the interface by making everything these solid blocks of colour is completely counterproductive. I can't tell where boundaries are, and the taskbar icons are blurry and shrunken to the point where the printer icon is the same size as the Microsoft Word icon several hundred pixels to the left.
The fact that the backgrounds to all these windows are pure white is annoying to say the least. I can't see a darn thang without turning the brightness down or something.

Maybe i just haven't found the options for these and other "features", but it's stupid that windows followed apple in the ugly "clean and homogenous" bandwagon of iOS 7. You can just about get away with it on a mobile device screen, but on a PC it's confusing to look at.

Jhessail said:
Which makes me all the happy to wait until the last moment when I can get W10 for free, which is at least 6 months from release, possibly longer. When all this Day1 bull**** has been fixed.
Yeah, after reading what people have said, that's my thinking as well.

@jacob

Right click on the taskbar, hover over search (or Cortana) and select the appropriate option.

You can also remove all the apps and shortcuts from the start menu and resize it so that space isn't there, or just use that space for your desktop shortcuts.

Do you happen to have a very high res screen, like 4k? You might be having trouble with dpi if that's the case. Either that or you have it set to use small icons on the taskbar.

Back
Top Bottom