The Windows 10 Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Windows 7 is the master race; I only switched because I had Windows 8.

RabbleKnight said:
Windows 10 is superior to 7 and 8 in every way.
It just has a few launch bugs but EVERY new OS launch had bugs.

Exactly. I'm not saying W10 won't be good, just that right now it's new and clearly has problems. Why do you think companies which use Windows software wait a considerable amount of time before upgrading their entire systems, to give a chance for bugs to be fixed and security holes to be patched. There's a saying: "fools rush in where major corporations fear to tred" and I think that"s very true. Clearly some people (Havoc) have the knowledge of how to handle priblems which may arise from such bugs; clearly others do not. So why put yourself through the hassle of upgrading right away and panicking every time something glitches, why not wait a few months and let the more experienced handle the rollout then upgrade once major problems have already been addressed.

RabbleKnight said:
I heard windows 10 has a personal A.I.
Where is she?
Cortana her name i think.
Right click on the bottom left, click search.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
RabbleKnight said:
Windows 10 is superior to 7 and 8 in every way.
It just has a few launch bugs but EVERY new OS launch had bugs.

Exactly. I'm not saying W10 won't be good, just that right now it's new and clearly has problems. Why do you think companies which use Windows software wait a considerable amount of time before upgrading their entire systems, to give a chance for bugs to be fixed and security holes to be patched. There's a saying: "fools rush in where major corporations fear to tred" and I think that"s very true. Clearly some people (Havoc) have the knowledge of how to handle priblems which may arise from such bugs; clearly others do not. So why put yourself through the hassle of upgrading right away and panicking every time something glitches, why not wait a few months and let the more experienced handle the rollout then upgrade once major problems have already been addressed.

This is good advice.

It's good, but be careful.

RabbleKnight said:
I heard windows 10 has a personal A.I.
Where is she?
Cortana her name i think.

Only certain markets at the moment. If you qualify the search box is a Cortana box. I changed my PC location to UK to use it.

I also think that when upgrading a piece of technology, whether it's a computer or a phone or whatever, it's sensible to thoroughly research any changes or features, to ensure you're getting what you think you're getting and are not surprised by such things.

RabbleKnight said:
You have windows 8?
How would you not want to upgrade to 10?

I would understand if you were on 7 but you're on 8.
8 is ****.
Actually I have 8.1  :cool:
But yeah I think what Llandy says pretty much has me covered. Also, I've never had Win7 before. Vista is where it's at.

RabbleKnight said:
New problem now (yay!)
Had sound this morning but now there is absolutely no sound.
Speaker are fine.
The computer tell me everything is alright but no sound come out of speaker.

Edit: sound is back!
sound no longer there. :neutral:

I haven't upgraded and don't intend to yet, though might before the free upgrade offer runs out next year. One thing that bugs me though is, again, the absence of Windows Media Centre- just as with Windows 8. People still watch film DVDs on their computers, would it kill their profit margin to keep it in? I've found third party DVD players usually a bit inferior.

DanAngleland said:
I haven't upgraded and don't intend to yet, though might before the free upgrade offer runs out next year. One thing that bugs me though is, again, the absence of Windows Media Centre- just as with Windows 8. People still watch film DVDs on their computers, would it kill their profit margin to keep it in? I've found third party DVD players usually a bit inferior.

There is VLC, or MS also has a thing you can buy from the app store that adds it back in.

I just checked mine and it is 1.1 GB (Windows 8 still) with Firefox running, looking at this page. Without Firefox, no programs open, it is just under 1 GB.

Back
Top Bottom