The Trading Post - Tips & Tricks Exchange

Users who are viewing this thread

i've found that the sturgian towns are all set up for trade in raw materials. they produce flax and fur near exclusively, but no linnen weaveries in any of their towns. instead you find things like potteries, carpenters, wool weaveries, etc. often even two of the same in a single city.
as such, caravans started in sturgian cities, like tyal or omor, will benefit greatly exporting flax and fur and bringing back wool, clay, wood, etc for the workshops. double profit.
however, once war really get going the supply of raw materials is used up locally first, resulting in a crippled economy. without raw materials to bring back, their cities stop producing. only the village output remains, which get raided quite easily due to the weakened economy as lords field smaller armies.
the sturgians are helpless without player intervention as to which workshops are located in their cities.

I actually do not know. :grin: I have not seen the herd debuff so far, as I have not delved into what and how things affect your movement speeds. In that case one would have to think about, whether selling of the horses is a good idea.
And to delve more into this: There are three different pack animals so far: The Mule, the sumpter horse and the camel, with the mule having the largest profit margin and the camel being dirt cheap everywhere I went so far (south and east, mostly). I could only sell it once for 40, while I sold horses for 60 and Mules for 120.
And while they do have different stats, they have the same carrying stats and I do not know if one does slow you down more than others.
As far as I have seen, they are pretty much the same except price wise. No idea why...

i've found that the sturgian towns are all set up for trade in raw materials. they produce flax and fur near exclusively, but no linnen weaveries in any of their towns. instead you find things like potteries, carpenters, wool weaveries, etc. often even two of the same in a single city.
as such, caravans started in sturgian cities, like tyal or omor, will benefit greatly exporting flax and fur and bringing back wool, clay, wood, etc for the workshops. double profit.
however, once war really get going the supply of raw materials is used up locally first, resulting in a crippled economy. without raw materials to bring back, their cities stop producing. only the village output remains, which get raided quite easily due to the weakened economy as lords field smaller armies.
the sturgians are helpless without player intervention as to which workshops are located in their cities.
That seems like a ****ed up bug, might need reporting...

So I was doing some forum digging and I found your post. I'm adding in some of the tips you noted here to go with the guide I made. Good stuff here, and I hope you could have some time to check out what I have up.

Bumping this thread with the list of other bug reports for the trade skill being broken.
Most honerable mention, a mod to fix the bug:
Posted April 19

April 2
April 4
April 5
April 10
April 10
April 10
April 12
April 17
Special note indicates that issue started in e1.1.0.
April 20
April 20
April 27
April 28
April 28
April 29-This one is mine. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom