Resolved [Beta 1.3.0] [1.2.0] Trade skill gain problem, the "Purchase Table" is broken. Confirmed on both full and beta release.

Users who are viewing this thread

staticgrazer

Recruit
Summary:

In this, “purchase table” just refers to how the game tracks the purchase price of a good in your current session. Mainly because I don’t know what it’s actually called and I just made something up that sounds good.

With that said, when you purchase any good at any price, then load a save the purchase table of goods you're purchased resets.

This can lead to conditions where a play can have hundreds or thousands of a product to sell that were purchased at a low price. Then they get into a situation where they need to load a save, and that price stored in the purchase table will then be wiped. Thus the purchase table must be rebuilt in the current session of play.

In the first reference is a video I put together of a brand new beta 1.3.0.X character. It shows how the purchase table is wiped, and the difference in skill gain loading the save has.

I believe that focusing trading can be a reasonable way to acquire your own banner and start a kingdom WITHOUT having to start a war. It already takes a lot of tracking and work, but the bug with the purchase table throws in an additional issue where loading a save can mean around half an hour or real time to find lower prices of goods to start raising your trade skill.

How to Reproduce:
1)
Purchase good(s) at low price that would normally prompt a trade skill increase when sold.
2)
Save game.
3)
Load Game.
4)
Sale of good(s) will no longer prompt trade skill experience until so called "purchase table" is refilled.

Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Trade skill, otherwise N/A.

Media (Screenshots & Video):
Ref#1

Ref#2
Trade skill guide I made. Shameless promotion, yes.

Version(s):
Most recent confirmed is both: e1.3.0, e1.2.1.
However this has been confirmed on all previous versions of the game as well.

Installed community-made modifications:
None, vanilla gameplay only.

Computer Specs
:
Windows 10 x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.778

GPU:
AMD Radeon R9 390

CPU:
Intel i5 750

RAM:
8gigs with 11gig page file

Motherboard:
GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD4

Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

C drive is 250gig

D drive is 1tb (where steam and the game are installed)

Last edited:
Put in some leg work searching this forum harder than I did last time. I was able to get a list going of the times this was previously reported.

Most honerable mention, a mod to fix the bug:
Posted April 19

April 2
April 4
April 5
April 10
April 10
April 10
April 12
April 17
Special note indicates that issue started in e1.1.0.
April 20
April 20
April 27
April 28
April 28

Just loaded beta 1.4.0.x and created a new character. Confirmed the purchase table transferred after loading a save.
Planning to test more.

Beta 1.4 includes this issue as solved in it's patch notes. Recommend changing this to solved.

Hi thank you for your input.
That's why confirmation of resolution is needed.

Also, I loaded the trade character from beta 1.3.0.x and confirmed that trade xp is maintained after a single load.

In reference to the mod that addressed this, I will now save and load a few times over to test longevity.

Did some additional testing with my 1.3.0.x character and can happily report that after heavy purchases, multiple saves, loads, and closing of the game the trade table sustained me.

I would say there's a good chance this has been resolved.

The only real thing I noted was that the profits being marked was only working partially, but I would wager that has more to do with importing a character from a different build.
More testing in the near future to be 100% sure, but yes I would say this is no longer a bug.
Great job!

Back
Top Bottom