The state of siege performance

Users who are viewing this thread

DennyWiseau

Veteran
I've been playing a couple of sieges in 1.5.7beta and performance is still pretty bad, major stuttering/fps drops occur at the moment troops rush for ladder/gates/siegetowers. Back in April it was definitely worse, so improvments has clearly been made, but playing siege battle can still be a horrible experience because of the frame drops/stutter.
AFAIK every siege scene is supposed to be different which means correct pathfinding etc has to be done for each scene, resulting in why some scene/sieges might be worse than others. However I havent played one single siege yet where performance have been consitintly smooth and I've played the game regularly, trying out most patches since I bought the game back in March.

In two month the game has been in early acces for a full year and I'm pretty disapointed that siege performace is still such a mess tbh, espeically considering that sieges are an essential part of the gameplay loop.

TW have made quite a few video updates showcasing upcoming features such as keep battles but I feel that information is missing on the general state/progress on current features such as siegeperformance.

I really hope TW manage to fix siege performance before release, otherwise they might aswell remove sieges alltogether imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom