The Red Wars, Calradia 1923

Users who are viewing this thread

I like the concept, but I would like to see it furtherly developed. However, some suggestions for you may be:
-Do not stick to real history WW2. You may want to mix things up from different periods, including WW1, maybe Vietnam War too.
-Add some more Factions. Technology has grown and so has the known world. Also, re-desing the map with more variation.
-Do not try to make guns and equipment identical to WW2, this is Calradia.

Anyway, my idea for factions would be:
Swadian Reich - Based on the 3rd German Reich. Occupies Swadia and 3/4 of Rhodoks
Vaegir Union - Based on the Soviet Union
Shiyumi Empire - Based on Japan, stretched Far to the East
Khergit People's Government - Communist Khergits. More mongolic-like than Chinese-like but the concept is still the same.
Puppet Government of Halmar - Based on the Puppet Chinese governments
Confederate States of Balion - Balion is a land far to the west according to the bio of one of the original M&B Characters. A version of what USA would have been in 1920-1960s if the Confederatists would have won the Civil War with WW1 British Style. (A mix of Confederate and WW1 British)
Rhodok Resitence - Based on French Resistence
Sarranid Islamic Confederation - Same as it is
Impero di Geroia - Based on Faschist Italy and Nazi Romania it's a new territory between Swadia, Rhodokos and the Sarranid Desert.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
I like the concept, but I would like to see it furtherly developed. However, some suggestions for you may be:
-Do not stick to real history WW2. You may want to mix things up from different periods, including WW1, maybe Vietnam War too.
-Add some more Factions. Technology has grown and so has the known world. Also, re-desing the map with more variation.
-Do not try to make guns and equipment identical to WW2, this is Calradia.

Swadian Reich - Based on the 3rd German Reich. Occupies Swadia and 3/4 of Rhodoks
Vaegir Union - Based on the Soviet Union
Shiyumi Empire - Based on Japan, stretched Far to the East
Khergit People's Government - Communist Khergits. More mongolic-like than Chinese-like but the concept is still the same.
Puppet Government of Halmar - Based on the Puppet Chinese governments
Confederate States of Balion - Balion is a land far to the west according to the bio of one of the original M&B Characters. A version of what USA would have been in 1920-1960s if the Confederatists would have won the Civil War with WW1 British Style. (A mix of Confederate and WW1 British)
Sarranid Islamic Confederation - Same as it is
Impero di Geroia - Based on Faschist Italy and Nazi Romania it's a new territory between Swadia, Rhodokos and the Sarranid Desert.

I like it, more alternate history fun! Confederates would definitely make things very very very very interesting. But first we need to overhaul the native factions, but in the future we will definitely look into these options.

I almost forgot the new Nord faction.

Sargothunionen - WW2 Viking/Kalmarunionen mix. Politically they function same as the Union of Kalmar. As for their army, it's what Vikings would have been like in WW2.  Their army is mostly Riflemen and Machine Gunners, few SMGs and no snipers. Riflemen have axe-bayonet rifles
jydvy_1-tfb.jpg

il_570xN.342999257.jpg
while SMGs and MGs all of them have axes as melee weapon, making the nords 2nd in melee combat(after the Shiyumi who have katanas, but stronger than the Khergits with Sabres, Sarranids with Scimitars and Western Factions with daggers). They're also the only ones to have shotguns. Generally, they are strong in melee and close distances. Their weapons require alot of strength and have low accuracy.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
[...]

Instead of basing Rhodok on France, it could be also interesting if Rhodok were based on Franco's Spain (unoccupied by Swadia), roamed by a rebel minifaction (similar to the White Vaegirs) which would be the remnants of the Calradia equivalent of the (now vanquished) Second Spanish Republic.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Which was neutral during WW2 not to mention that the French Theater is one of the most important during WW2.

But Germany was involved in Civil War there, which would fit the theme of Swadia intervening into Rhodok politics since medieval times (since they seceded, but that's a digress). Not to mention this is Calradia.

ScreamingCommie said:
- an ideology system, similar to the religion system of Anno Domini 1257, except with Fascism, Freedom, Theocracy, and Communism.
lel
isn't liberalism, democracy, republicanism or whatever more appropriate? I mean, everyone claims to fight for freedom.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Which was neutral during WW2 not to mention that the French Theater is one of the most important during WW2.

This isn't supposed to be an accurate historical WW2 depiction, this is reimagined Calradia inspired by WW2. Or I didn't know that WW2 involved USSR, Mongolia, Italia, Germany, Scandinavia, and an Arabic military alliance fighting in the same area while regularly changing their alliances. :mrgreen:

Ok,ok but France is far more important than Spain. Maybe you can merge Geroia with Spain. Italians and Spanish are all Latins, and Romanians are similiar to Italians. You can make a more Frankist faction out of Geroia.

Psychopompos said:
ThaneWulfgharn said:

This isn't supposed to be an accurate historical WW2 depiction, this is reimagined Calradia inspired by WW2. Or I didn't know that WW2 involved USSR, Mongolia, Italia, Germany, Scandinavia, and an Arabic military alliance fighting in the same area while regularly changing their alliances. :mrgreen:

Well there was an Arab Legion fighting with the Allies

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Ok,ok but France is far more important than Spain. Maybe you can merge Geroia with Spain. Italians and Spanish are all Latins, and Romanians are similiar to Italians. You can make a more Frankist faction out of Geroia.

I think italians are heavily involved in ww2 -unfortunatly with wrong ideology and wrong side- and if France is more important then Spain ,well also italians need their good representation. freedom can be represented by Anglo-Americans and some unit remembering French.
We have also to remember -once again unfortunatly- that italians created fascism ideology just after First World War.

I've to say maybe is better put togheter factions by alliance and not by culture cause it can be a problem insert all cultures in the game. And just to say  Romanians are not similar to italians: different history ,different culture...It's like to say French and Germans are the same people.

We are not talking about an historically correct mod ,but fictional one that remember the real world war so you have infinite opportunities :wink:

I really appreciete the update ,and that you update so frequently :grin: Well i've just to report that gas masks on my soldiers  aren't putted on the face, but they float near the head XD I can have done something of wrong!

I would suggest another thing..

I see vaegrs helmet aren't used so much , i suggest to give helmet to a large part of vaegrs footmans and infantry and give Commissar caps to special/officers units.

Man you guys have so many good ideas, I just need an army of artists to make them a reality.

got a hotfix waiting authorization that fixes a couple bugs in the mod,

ThaneWulfgharn said:
I almost forgot the new Nord faction.

Sargothunionen - WW2 Viking/Kalmarunionen mix. Politically they function same as the Union of Kalmar. As for their army, it's what Vikings would have been like in WW2.  Their army is mostly Riflemen and Machine Gunners, few SMGs and no snipers. Riflemen have axe-bayonet rifles
jydvy_1-tfb.jpg

il_570xN.342999257.jpg

I dunno about replacing the nord faction, but we will definitely add axe guns, those are too cool to pass up.

the Khergit should reflect a Central Asian faction no?

Bukhara Khanate, Khiva Khanate?

or another soviet faction Mongol satellite

cghopk said:
the Khergit should reflect a Central Asian faction no?
China occupies part of Central Asia, no? :razz:

Of course, perhaps the Khergits could be split to where one is China and another is some Mongol-Soviet thing.

Back
Top Bottom