The Pokemon Challenge Thread!

Should the Safari Zone be considered part of the 'Catch all Pokemon in an area' rule?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Revilo

Grandmaster Knight
The Pokemon Challenge

Thread Rules:
1. If you wish to be a part of this game, then please PM me or leave a message here and I'll add you to the list of players.
2. The game will take place on Pokemon versions Red/Blue/Green/Yellow only.
3. Victory is awarded to the first player to complete the Pokemon League and provide proof in the form of a picture.
4. The game will officially start at 1:00 April 9th
5. You must follow the rule set that is decided by a majority vote. The rule sets are set out below, feel free to suggest any changes you want.

Rule Set 1
1. You can only catch one Pokemon for every new area you enter. For instance, if you go to a new route you can catch another Pokemon, but only one.
2. You are allowed to use no healing items inside battle or outside. Only Pokemon centers can be used to heal.
3. If a Pokemon faints, you are allowed to revive it only once. In battle or out is your choice. If a Pokemon faints after you have used up your revive you can either leave it in you deposit box or release it, whichever you prefer.
4. You can only have a maximum of two Pokemon of any type.

Rule Set 2
1. You can only have as many Pokemon in your party as Gyms you have defeated. If you have beaten one Gym you are only allowed one Pokemon until you beat the second Gym, then you are allowed two Pokemon until you beat the third Gym, and so on.
2. You can only use a maximum of 2 healing items and 2 revives in battle. You are allowed no revives outside of battle, but may heal with whatever you choose.
3. Only one Pokemon of each type allowed in your party at any one time.
4. You are not allowed to cure any status problems inside of battle or out except at a Pokemon center.

Rule Set 3
1. You must catch every Pokemon in each area you have been in.
2. You must only use Poke balls and Great balls until you have beaten four gyms.
3. You must keep your starter Pokemon and the first Pokemon you catch with you at all times throughout the game.
4. You must fight and defeat every trainer you encounter in your travels.
5. If a Pokemon tries to evolve before level 20, you mustn't let it. Only at level 20 can you allow any Pokemon to evolve.

Player List:
1. Zajadu
2. Leprechaun
3. Calodine
4. Captain Lust
5. Nemesis

We still need more players, so feel free to post that you want to join, and you'll be added to the list. Please don't forget to suggest any differences or changes you would like to see in the rules.

Not feelin them rules, man. Good luck beating the first Gym with just charmander.

I reckon we should go for the other end of the scale - You have to catch everything in an area before you move on.

Only if that is your first revival of that Pokemon. One revival per Pokemon, regardless of how you do it.

@ Calodine, I'll put up a third set then, polar opposite to the current ones.

@Calodine: That would mean we'd have to know what Pokemon can be caught in every route. Would that include catching the same Pokemon multiple times?

Love 'em. Other than the level 20 thing, Thats how I do it anyway. Pidgeot kicks fearow's arse, and the 3 somewhat rarer than average birds are too frail for my tastes.

Well there is a poll up, precisely for this situation  :razz:

As for me, I'm hitting the hay. If you come up with anything new, post it or PM me and if I'm up before the game starts (12:00, Midday) then I'll change it. If not then you'll just have to cope with it I'm afraid  :cool:

I'm debating changing the level 20 to level 25. What do you think? Last change before bed though, so make it count.

Tempted to join, but I feel terrible things would happen.

EDIT: Wait no, just tried it. The cartridge is dead. I must have tried to catch Missingno.

Your cartridge is obviously a pansy. MissingNo. was of no problem to mine.
But I went and fettered all my items away. Except my infinite Master Balls... which I can't do anything about. Damned lack of item trading.

I'm in. Red, I think.... or blue.... or red......

Anyway, being slightly retarded, as I am, could please you explain the rules further? (Ideally, with examples) The reviving rules, in particular, are completely confusing to me.

Okay, I'll try and see if I interpreted them correctly then.

1. You can only catch one Pokemon for every new area you enter. For instance, if you go to a new route you can catch another Pokemon, but only one.
You get your Starting Pokemon. Then, you travel to a new Route to reach the next town, yeah? (Or, you may go through a couple, and I assume caves, buildings, forests, and waterways count as new areas). In the tall grass, you'd only be allowed to catch a single wild Pokemon -- so choose wisely when you throw that Ball!

2. You are allowed to use no healing items inside battle or outside. Only Pokemon centers can be used to heal.
You can not use Potions or Heals (ie; Paralyze Heal or Antidote). You can only use Centers to heal your Pokemon.

3. If a Pokemon faints, you are allowed to revive it only once. In battle or out is your choice. If a Pokemon faints after you have used up your revive you can either leave it in you deposit box or release it, whichever you prefer.
You may only revive a fainted Pokemon ONCE. You can do this either by using Revive or a Pokemon Center, but you can only do it ONCE. If you Pokemon faints again, you have to either deposit it or release it.

4. You can only have a maximum of two Pokemon of any type.
Ex: You can only have two Fire-type Pokemon, not three.  This doesn't just apply to primary types, but also secondary types. Example, you can only have two Dragon-type Pokemon.
You could have a Scyther and a Butterfree, but you can't have a Weedle, because that's a third Bug-type Pokemon.

1. You can only have as many Pokemon in your party as Gyms you have defeated. If you have beaten one Gym you are only allowed one Pokemon until you beat the second Gym, then you are allowed two Pokemon until you beat the third Gym, and so on.
You may only carry as many Pokemon you have as Gym badges you have, and no more (with the exception of having just your starter before you beat Brock, but then you'd have to continue to use only one Pokemon until you beat Misty). When you obtain two badges, you can have two Pokemon. When you obtain three, you can have three. Etc.

2. You can only use a maximum of 2 healing items and 2 revives in battle. You are allowed no revives outside of battle, but may heal with whatever you choose.
When battling, you can only heal your Pokemon TWICE (via Potions only, see below), and you may only use Revive TWICE, and no more per battle(?). You can not revive fainted Pokemon outside of battling, but you can heal them in any manner you choose (items or Centers). Fainted Pokemon have to be deposited in your Boxes or released.

3. Only one Pokemon of each type allowed in your party at any one time.
Ex: You can have Charizard, but since he is a Fire-type and a Flying-type, you can not have any more Fire-type Pokemon or Flying-type Pokemon in your current line up.

4. You are not allowed to cure any status problems inside of battle or out except at a Pokemon center.
You can not use items like Burn Heal or Antidote, you must use a Pokemon Center.

1. You must catch every Pokemon in an area before you are allowed to move on.
Find a list of all Pokemon to be found within each Route, cave, waterway, etc. You must catch one of all of these. (I'm assuming this excludes legendary Pokemon, ie the birds and Mew/Mewtwo, since you typically only get one shot with them)

2. You must only use Poke balls and Great balls until you have beaten four gyms.
You can not use Ultraballs or any higher level balls until you have four Gym badges.

3. You must keep your starter Pokemon and the first Pokemon you catch with you at all times throughout the game.
You must forever use Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle (depending on who you pick) and the first Pokemon you catch* until you beat the Elite Four.
*Which will be, due to the "catch all" rule, either a Pidgey, Rattata, or... well I forget all available immediately, but it's usually one of those two. I'm assuming this rule only applies once you have Pokeballs available to you, then you must go back to the first Route and catch Pokemon there.

4. You must fight and defeat every trainer you encounter in your travels.
No using nifty tricks such as ledge jumping to avoid trainers. Any one that shows up on your screen, you have to battle.

5. If a Pokemon tries to evolve before level 20, you mustn't let it. Only at level 20 can you allow any Pokemon to evolve.
You can not let your Pokemon evolve until they are level 20 or higher. This means that if my Charmander were to try to evolve into Charmeleon at, say, level 15, I'd have to stop its evolution and continue to stop it until it is level 20.

Does that help?

Back
Top Bottom