The Peloponnesian War - Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Dobas said:
Can't start the game, when i get the ''yea hear a .... sliding from it's scabbard '' , i get put in a beautyfull new scene with a nice short sword, than after a few seconds the game crashes and i get an error saying : Unable to open texture file modules\The peloponnesian War\\textures\cuirass_thracian_blue.dds

I copied the 2 fixes to my module/Penopwar  folder but still.....

I would realy like some help fixing this I've been realy wanting to play this mod.
I was amazed by the first scene i saw by the way. realy nice work.

I'm not involved in developing this mod at all, but you're missing files it sounds like. Probably need to download it again.

Still can't stab with any of the Hoplite-like swords when using a shield.  Can anybody else?

I did find a clue, though.  The Nervous Man quest guy drops a plain "sword" and that CAN stab with the Apsis or Scutum, but he raises his hand like the sword was a spear.  Maybe it has something to do with that.

Otherwise fantastic Alpha release. This mod is almost solidly polished.

That is due to a limitation of animation slots and I'm aware of it. I'll see if I can spare another slot for it.

Dobas:

Bad download/installation.

NacroxNicke:

Some of these are already fixed with the latest file. I believe I've adjusted morale bonus as well in the last one, I'll double check it. Persian town troops are correct, thats was the intended through rez's research. I'll look into the other ones.

EDIT: I believe I've found the marshall problem. I will be posting an update soon.

------------

For those who dont get the water reflections, check the main thread.

#Make sure you choose directx9 from the main M&B menu. It will allow for reflections and other features. The mod wasn't tested on directx 7.
#The video options auto exposure and use deph effects must be ENABLED while instancing DISABLED to properly view some of the features.
#DO NOT forget to access the mod options through the camp menu, or you'll miss several features from Pbod and key strategic features for town assault.
#Remember to press and hold f1 to quickly order your troops in formation to specific positions during the battle.
#If you get no ocean reflections even with the above settings, hit esc a couple times and it should work.

HannesFury:

Mytilene is working fine. Out of curiosity, have you downloaded the resources fix? You might haven't received an rgl error for it but it might be crashing it later in game.

Whenever I try "start new game" my game crashes. There are no error messages or blue screens of death it just stops responding.

-edit-
I have "textures on demand" checked and it still crashes. I can play custom battles fine and its really fun so I want to play the real thing!

For ctds, check these:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183782.msg4403023.html#msg4403023
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

Make sure you also download the resources fix along with the bug fix (same thread).

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,195932.0.html

Lynores said:
Probably because he was too close to deliver any noticeable damage. Try a sword at close range and the spear from a proper distance.

actually i was quite far away.Besides i tried to hit more people, and they were at diffirent distances, and i also see damage done, and it never gave a notice.

So i really think this is a bug

Is there a specific troop this happened with? I don't recall having that issue at all. Has anyone else seen anything of this sort?

Lynores said:
Is there a specific troop this happened with? I don't recall having that issue at all. Has anyone else seen anything of this sort?

the bandits that attack a village after accepting the quest to train villagers. Thats the character it happened with, also, my troops could hit them normally, and my sword was effective as wel.

tenerife_boy said:
BUG: I joined a feast in Chaironea and nobody inside the castle...lol so I enjoy the party forever alone  :lol:

Different feast error, no lady's just Lords..

Regarding CTDs in towns etc. There seems to be a steam / regular WB bug with some mods, from a search I did through the boards. Try these:

tick "Enable Cheats" from the "Configure" option in the Launcher (possible fix for Steam-users only);

open up module.ini under TPW's folder and set disable_moveable_flag_optimization to 1 (for all 1.143 players experiencing in-town-scene crashes).

Already in the links from the main post, but there seems to be a recurrent problem with this for some players.

As i wrote in depository this mode is a raw diamond that waits to be processed and finally become a precious jewel.(well i didnt wrote all this but i dont like repeat my self lol)

Hey Lynores...just a minor bug i encountered that personally dont bother me at all.
When i enter to walk inside Apodoti city all major buildings (temple,tavern e.t.c) are in the air !!!
Its weird and funny though and as i mention i doesnt affect this masterpiece at all.
I dont think this has been mentioned before.I Hope im not wrong.
Just in case...i installed all bug fixes released `till now. 
Cheers....

keensin said:
As i wrote in depository this mode is a raw diamond that waits to be processed and finally become a precious jewel.(well i didnt wrote all this but i dont like repeat my self lol)

Hey Lynores...just a minor bug i encountered that personally dont bother me at all.
When i enter to walk inside Apodoti city all major buildings (temple,tavern e.t.c) are in the air !!!
Its weird and funny though and as i mention i doesnt affect this masterpiece at all.
I dont think this has been mentioned before.I Hope im not wrong.
Just in case...i installed all bug fixes released `till now. 
Cheers....

Thanks and yes, there are glitched towns, I will review all of them for the beta as well as add new ones, especially the ones which references were preserved enough for reconstructions.

The Freelancer for this mod is a bit bugged with some of the equipment you receive. The Persian Guardsman doesn't get melee weapons, just a bow and arrow.

Teumessos village (near chalkis) has Persian Youths as recruits, and not Delian Youths

Pharae village has a pathfinding bug and can't be reached (and their villagers can't get out of it either)

i keep getting red letters in game. The a script calculates by villagers or somthing along those lines. im not fluid in computer  terms pardon me if this has already been addressed. one thing also it says its dividing by zero. plus my inventory disappears over time not only food but cloth and tools etc.

Back
Top Bottom