SP Native The Pagan Way - A Barbarian Clans Mod (V.1.1 Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Herby said:
I'll try. No promises, though.

EDIT: Update. So far, I've re-done the choose background stuff, to be more barbariany. I've also decided that bows and shields aren't very barbariany. So they're out, bows replaced by greater emphasis on thrown weapons. A short spear is alot simpler technology than a servicable bow, with arrows that actually fly straight. Also, horses and crossbows out, but you knew that.

2nd update: Barbariany is my new word. yay!

Hello ! ,  there are in the actual version bows and shields ?

i think there are some bows and shield, but not like it was, in the original release literally EVERYONE had a bow and shield. I had all the items stacked for the troops to choose, i didnt know that the generation system would by default equip everyone with a bow if it could.

Atm, I think all I've done items-wise is take all the shields and bows off and put more throwing weapons in.

I have since relented my no-shields-and-bows pact, so in the next patch/release/thing, which I won't be able to work on until after my exams are over, there will be bows and shields again, but the only shields will be the hide- and fur-covered, only bows hunting/short and maaaybe a few harder ones for the top level mass-bow-using clan.

sounds good, im working on aquiring some help with getting all the castles changed to wooden forts, as well as learning to do some on my own. And my partner is fiddling with modelling and texturing at the moment. so hope to have some variations on each clans armour to avoid the clone look.

corsairf4u said:
Any news on this mod ?

I'm trying to drum up the enthusiasm to do the next bit, basically just doing proper troop trees. Unfortunately, I am currently too drunk to do anything. Come next week, I have absolutely sod all to do, so I'll get started on this.

See, thing is, I just voluntered to do a bit of leg work, break myself into modding... I was surprised as hell when I got given the whole mod and carte blanche to do what I want with it. I was really honoured and amazed to be given this..

The only problem is, as it's not really my mod, I find it hard to get enthusiastic enough about it.. But I promise! soon as I'm sober, I'll start work on getting the next version of this mod out.

Alright here are my suggestions.

Raven Clansmen should be REALLY good archers.
Serpent Clan should be fast, But weak.
You should add a code so you can cannibalize.  :twisted:
So what I'm saying is, all the factions should have a special unit...

And if they do, In all fairness, I don't have this mod anymore, I'm just speaking from memory.

Just make the mod mental with hordes of unwashed barbarians battling it out.

No horses or good armor, no strategy xD

Pagan, I ave an Idea. Could you make it so you can find the clan animals in the wild? (Also the  idea for wild animals in the wild).You could make it capturable. Then after you capture it, and it becomes a prisoner,  there is an option to domesticate it, and it joins your party after you do. I don't know if you could make an attack for it or not it might be hard to make. I can't help, though. I wish i could
Hope you like my Idea, Pagan. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom