SP Native The Pagan Way - A Barbarian Clans Mod (V.1.1 Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have encountered a bug,

During the Ryibelet castle assault, the warriors run to the wall like if they expects a ladder, but there is a siege tower, they don't use the tower.

Another bug, the training system (ie trainig field sparring practice) doesn't work, this could be intentional, but also don't work into the town quest of training villagers.

PS. Sorry for the double-post

Baranman said:
I have encountered a bug,

During the Ryibelet castle assault, the warriors run to the wall like if they expects a ladder, but there is a siege tower, they don't use the tower.

I've gotten this error in my own mod. It must be something wrong with the module system, which causes this to happen whenever you compile...

I'm having a lot of fun with this mod.  I can't wait until you make some more 'barbaric' looking equipment.  May I suggest this site as a source of inspiration?

http://frankfrazetta.org/

Two suggestions: 

The loot is way too much.  I get massive amounts of two handed swords after fighting mediocre enemy parties.  There's even more swords than men sometimes!  These guys must be traveling sword salesmen.

Also, not differentiating between the names of the warriors is causing a problem with the 'get x number of prisoners' quest.  Harlaus has requested 4 Boar Clan warriors, but I have no way of knowing what grade he wants.  I've went to him with about 9 Boar Warriors in my captives and the quest is still not complete.  I guess they have to be four of the exact same level, but what level?  :?:

Anyway, great fun mod.  Please amp up the barbarism quotient with some Frank Frazetta style armor and weapons!

Very nice mod! You already got a good base.

I didn't try'd the mod in the first place because I got all confused when I read about the 'choosing a banner' part of your post. But now I tryed it I really like it! Especially the flags, theyre great!

Some suggestions:
- You still start with a horse.
- I dont understand why the troops keep the same name when lvling. Why not add titles like hardened, veteran etc.? This way I can see how strong my opponent is.
- Change the outfits of the townspeople.
- Change the dialoges of the companions. Bahesthur is pretty barbaric already though :wink:
- What about changing the faction colors in more yellow/brownish/red tints. Looks more barbaric I think.
- A banner bearer would be cool! But probably hard to make though, moddeling and stuff :S
- Fighting bandits is like a gold mine! I get like 20 two handed swords and 20 shortened military scythes. You might want to give bandits cheap weapons or lower the value of their weapons. Its too easy.
- Change the clothes of the 'lady's of the court'. Theyre still wearing medieval outfits.
- I don't like the black textured items (nomad armor and nordic helmet). Theyre a little too black for me. Or do they miss a texture?
- Hide Boots + Tribal Outfit + Leather cap (the third one with the long ear protection) + Two handed axe makes a really great looking barbarian!

I hope I gave you some ideas. Keep up the good work!

I made a fast scetch for your mod:

drawing_barbarian.jpg

PM if you want it.
(the face needs some re-drawing though :roll:)

You sure its this: C:/Program Files/Mount & Blade/The Pagan Way/[files here]

Not: C:/Program Files/Mount & Blade/ThePAGANway/The Pagan Way/[files here]  ??

I don't know why the author added an extra folder in the zipfile. It's confusing.

:lol: what the hell is this doing on the front page again :oops:

glade other people are enjoying it.though. i will be making it better but not just yet as i am VERY busy. i will try and change all dialogue to be more mod correct, as well as all clothing, all castle wooden, arena fights will be free for alls, including a no weapons fist fight rumble, but i was learning as i went so i am not a very good modder. hence my round -a-bout banner method hehe. so i have dreams, but not always the know how just yet.

Miles said:
Some suggestions:
- You still start with a horse. yep, that was a boo boo on my part

- I dont understand why the troops keep the same name when lvling. Why not add titles like hardened, veteran etc.? This way I can see how strong my opponent is. that was done on purpose, i didnt want the player knowing how good his opponent was. kind of like RL i guess. but have to admit i didnt consider this-----
Thor Head said:
Also, not differentiating between the names of the warriors is causing a problem with the 'get x number of prisoners' quest. 
so will indeed have to fix that. i never thought of that quest becuase i don't do them, i do nothing for kings, I AM THE WARLORD DAMN IT lol

- Change the outfits of the townspeople. plan to

- Change the dialoges of the companions. Bahesthur is pretty barbaric already though :wink: plan to

- What about changing the faction colors in more yellow/brownish/red tints. Looks more barbaric I think. plan to

- A banner bearer would be cool! But probably hard to make though, moddeling and stuff :S way too hard for me to do ATM

- Fighting bandits is like a gold mine! I get like 20 two handed swords and 20 shortened military scythes. You might want to give bandits cheap weapons or lower the value of their weapons. Its too easy.  yeah this pisses me off too, will be fixed

- I don't like the black textured items (nomad armor and nordic helmet). Theyre a little too black for me. Or do they miss a texture? oooww raven clan man, hehe it was my quick texture effort, will do better

so yeah thanks for the feedbak guys, im pleased you like the mod, but you will have to be patient for V.2. and i would LOVE to have proper armors, but i can't modal so unless someone goes crazy with a barbarian armor pack, texture stuff arounds is the best i can do to add some variation  :sad:

I feel... a little disappointed. Why?

Because there is too many ranged weapon. It likes as... a Sherwood Team not like a barbarian. And there is too big loot. From one battle I'm getting near 20 of two handed swords ( for 660gp each). Sorry, but it is too much.

More Javelins, Jarids and throwing axes!

Get away most of the bows :wink:

Make a real battle with axes, hammers and heavy swords. 

Ahh... One more things... Pavise? Why?

But it's very good mod. Good luck with them!

Sorry for my bad English :wink:

Frank

Like this mod! But, i did something different to play it...i extracted all the files from "The Pagan way" And put them all in "The PAGAN way.  :lol: Not like it makes a difference though. I became a bowman in it... :smile:

to fix the black textures:

- export your .dds as 'DXT5 ARGB 8bpp | interpolated aplha' instead of the default 'DXT1'

This will add an alpha channel (shinyness and transparency information)

I'm enjoying this mod alot, having no horses and light armor makes it a completely different game, very fun.  Here's a few thoughts I've had -

Please rename the troop tiers, it makes it very annoying to keep track of the strength of your own forces, I can't tell who got killed on the battle report. Also, at a certain tier, you have a choice of 2 paths, so they should be named differently. If you don't want to do this, is there an easy way for me to change them myself? I don't think any of my soldiers use 2 handed weapons, maybe you could add a berserker class or something which uses them.  You should also get rid of the horse archery and riding skills, and adjust the character creation.

hey guys, thanks for your interest. currently this is only version 1 and i did it in a couple of days with no use of the module system. so it is lacking A LOT of content it really needs.

I'm totally flattered at the amount of DL this has recieved, but i guess it measn i wans't the only one who wanted such a thing.

Dudro has offered to make a new map which is great and i say go for it. i am VERY busy so this mod won't be getting worked on for some time. if any modders want to work on it, GO FOR IT!. i don't mind handing it over totally if  modder wants a mod but doesn't know what to do. i just want to see the idea fleshed out same as everyone else. Hell would be great as a community project where everyone chips a little piece in and learns to mod VIa this mod like i have. honestly i don't mind if you make changes. at all, because at the moment the mod is frozen until i get time, and sadly that won't be for a while yet.

If anyone playing the mod has made changes to their own personal game, step forward, make it part of the mod.  :smile:

cheers

I like it but you should make it so you can bribe the bands of Raven and Serpent clan people to join your party...

Back
Top Bottom