SP Native The Pagan Way - A Barbarian Clans Mod (V.1.1 Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

ok guys, i have recieved a PM from Herby, who will be seeing too the suggestions folks have had. He will be picking up the slack so this mod will see V.2.  Good on ya Herby!

updated the main page.

Huzzah! I get to 'pull a Swadii' legitimately!! Many thanks to Pagan for letting me steal his work :smile:

Right, list of things to do:

1. Change starting equipment - remove horse + Crossbow

2. Change troop names

3. Reduce loot? I'll see what I can do about that..

Thanks again Pagan, I'll try not to destroy your mod :smile:

Herby said:
Huzzah! I get to 'pull a Swadii' legitimately!! Many thanks to Pagan for letting me steal his work :smile:

Right, list of things to do:

1. Change starting equipment - remove horse + Crossbow

2. Change troop names

3. Reduce loot? I'll see what I can do about that..

Thanks again Pagan, I'll try not to destroy your mod :smile:
That would be good. Also can you try to make enemies not use shield bash as often? If your ganged up on and all they use is sheild bash then you can pretty much die from one enemy

I'll try. No promises, though.

EDIT: Update. So far, I've re-done the choose background stuff, to be more barbariany. I've also decided that bows and shields aren't very barbariany. So they're out, bows replaced by greater emphasis on thrown weapons. A short spear is alot simpler technology than a servicable bow, with arrows that actually fly straight. Also, horses and crossbows out, but you knew that.

2nd update: Barbariany is my new word. yay!

Released v1.1.

Changes for this release:
Changed warrior titles, so you can now differentiate between the different levels.
Changed NPC clothing to be less medieval.
Changed start-up equipment and options.

Also... I've been finding it hard to be enthusiastic about this mod. I'm just using this to learn the basics of modding.. so, I will probably make one more release after this, when I will remove the random items and implement individual item sets for each clan, because that's how I see a barbarian clan mod, and after that just fixing bugs etc.

Then, I shall move on, and do the mod I really want to do.

forgot to update, title and v.1.1 on first page. Thank herby. great hob by the, i;ve been playing it heaps lately hehe

nice to this is being continued. I like the idea and spend some time with the mod. need some refinement etc. but I really like that way. d/l the new version now

Can anyone tell me if they're still having the problem with the swords and scythes from bandits? I think I got rid of it by taking them off autoloot, but would be nice to have it confirmed.

no not getting spammed in my game any more.

So whats the plan for the clans, weaponry wise?

Here is what i originally had on my rough draft before i started. Bare in mind this was just of the top of my head and have no idea how the balances would work out in game. No doubt needs tweeking. Plus i originally planned to have the Bear clan use claw weapons. (no idea where i was going to get them from heh

Bear clan = Claw gloves/short range - All troops Low speed - Very high iron skin -  Very high power strike
Boar Clan = spears - All troops High Speed - High iron skin and  Normal Power strike
Wolf CLan = 1-Hand weapons. Pack hunters? - Very High Speed - Normal Strength - Normal Power Strike
Elk Clan = Ranged/Spears - High Speed, Low Iron skin - High Power Strike
Lion = 2-Handers - Normal Speed, High iron skin - High Power strike

I planned on all the armors being similer in strength, just crap leather or fur, so it was the stats that would govern who was stronger. and Things like, how the lion clan has the best stat spread the two handers would slow them down and so on

But again that was all theory  :lol:

Hello! I'm sorry I've been neglecting this, but I really have been snowed under with college work recently.

Slurricane: Aye, there's a fair bit needs doing. Castles and cities need changing, which is far beyond my ability/time. About the only things I can do are adopt the different clans to fight differently, as opposed to randomly, and try and change/remove the tournaments... Oh, and there are a few bits of text need changing too.

Tintin: I'm fairly sure it doesn't.

And finally, Pagan: I've been thinking about that myself. My current ideas only went so far as equipment.

I'll still keep a part of the random weapon allotments, as universal equipment seems out of character for a mod, so this is only really 'favoured' weaponry, which the majority will be armed with, but they'll be a good mix.

Lion Clan: favoured melee: Sword + shield (In my mind, they're the greatest smiths of the barbarian clans, as a sword is much harder to smith than axe/spear/knife blades) favoured ranged: throwing daggers.

Bear Clan: favoured melee: two-handed axe. Favoured ranged: throwing daggers

Elk: favoured melee: spear, some with shields. Favoured ranged: throwing axes

Wolf: favoured melee: axe and throwing knives (no shield). Favoured ranged: Shortbow, some larger bows.

Boar: favoured melee: Axe and shield. Favoured ranged: Javelins.

Raven: axe/spear/sword/knife, some with throwing daggers + knives

Serpent: axe + throwing daggers/knives.

Cannibal: All armed with blunt weapons. It's better fresh.

I'll probably change these to be much closer to your ideas, Pagan, but I'll adapt them as I'd like to put in two career paths, warrior (melee) and hunter (ranged).

I have been playing since yesterday.... REALLY GOOD MOD!!!

But....there's always some "but"....Can I disable Shield Bash??

It is very annoying when some guy with a shield starts stopping 5 of my troops!! And nobody can attack!!

Please help me!!

shield bash can indeed get a bit much at times, but i think that may be because i used an older version of it. I believe it has been updated since i put it in the mod. I'll look into it.

And herby, yeah that sounds good, gives them all a unique style of warfare. i'm currently doing some homework on gathering armours for the factions. I'd like to have 6 or 7 different variations of each factions armour so that they don't all look like clones hehe, but perhaps more realistic would be 3 to 4. As well as painted bodies to go with the face paint. The bodies can be bought like armour so you can change your body paint. Hoping to have MANY of these.  Plus the factions can have colour spacific body paint to match the rest of their clan.

Oh and ... a little buffer in the body is also on the list.  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom