The new Subversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

DrTomas said:
YourStepDad said:
I'm back baybeh.

Can anyone please sum up what I missed, so I can decide whether starting again is worth it :razz:
Nothing really in the last month or so. I'm hoping to release a new subversion perhaps at the end of the week with new goodies. But i'm lazy as hell - the time of the year.

Lazyman said:
Being a mercenary suddenly is not profitable anymore.
Balance you army. Mercenary does not necessarily mean elite knight army. :smile:

Take all the time you need bud. :wink: I can wait, even if it takes years. :razz:

I have an idea, if it can implement:
to be able to exchange prisoners with prizoner's train, that for the tasks that lords require some prisoners.
Sorry for my english.

VOIEVOD said:
to be able to exchange prisoners with prizoner's train, that for the tasks that lords require some prisoners.
Sorry for my english.

I would like to make relation benefiting tribute of captured lord to my king. Think about that...

Jenda said:
VOIEVOD said:
Sorry for my english.

I would like to make relation benefiting tribute of captured lord to my king. Think about that...

Nice ideea too!!!

One thing has always bugged me - why is there never an option to open the gate in siege scenes, like in multiplayer? In stead the only option for the whole of 2000 soldiers is to climb the single ladder one by one coming up and getting immediately chopped down. Not fun.

Holding a central square would also add some depth to sieges. Right now they are nothing but a horrible clusterf**k without much sense. How about something like this: http://s009.radikal.ru/i309/1102/27/d64df01a7002.jpg

Also, why is there never more than one ladder in siege attacks? Who on earth would ever try to take a fortress with a single ladder, that's just plain ridiculous.

This: http://s39.radikal.ru/i083/1102/07/c5d9337f6e67.jpg would make much more sense for archers, in stead of plunging into the fray without much use.

souleater said:
One thing has always bugged me - why is there never an option to open the gate in siege scenes, like in multiplayer? In stead the only option for the whole of 2000 soldiers is to climb the single ladder one by one coming up and getting immediately chopped down. Not fun.

Holding a central square would also add some depth to sieges. Right now they are nothing but a horrible clusterf**k without much sense. How about something like this: http://s009.radikal.ru/i309/1102/27/d64df01a7002.jpg

Also, why is there never more than one ladder in siege attacks? Who on earth would ever try to take a fortress with a single ladder, that's just plain ridiculous.

This: http://s39.radikal.ru/i083/1102/07/c5d9337f6e67.jpg would make much more sense for archers, in stead of plunging into the fray without much use.

I have said the same thing but apparently " its too hard to defend" adding 1 single extra ladder. Load of tosh if you ask me, its not hard at all.Brytenwalda has it.But I suppose it may be too much effort to add.  :sad:

On a plus side Mount and Blade 2 is being designed , lets hope they make this one of there improvements.  :wink:

Archi the great said:
souleater said:

I have said the same thing but apparently " its too hard to defend" adding 1 single extra ladder. Load of tosh if you ask me, its not hard at all.Brytenwalda has it.But I supose it may be too much effort to add.  :sad:

On a plus side Mount and Blade 2 is being designed , lets hope they make this one of there improvments.  :wink:
guys,do you realize that this was asked like thousand times over and over again?i say no ...no to anther ladder because then you can not defend the castle ,even if you are batman

souleater said:

Where are this pictures from? What is the mod? Looks tremendous!

kuauik said:
guys,do you realize that this was asked like thousand times over and over again?i say no ...no to anther ladder because then you can not defend the castle ,even if you are batman
You meant you cannot defend a castle against a horde of enemies with your 50 men party any more, which... kind sounds realistic to me.

@skullsmasher, it's Way to expiation, not released yet.

kuauik said:

I have to add that even native has 2 or 3 ladders and it works quite nice  :neutral:

The problem is when you play with small number of troops. In which case you can easily get flanked. The problem with one ladder is when you have a battlesize of 1000 and it creates a shaft on the ladder.

DrTomas said:
The problem is when you play with small number of troops. In which case you can easily get flanked.
Of course it is impossible to defend a castle with such a small number of men --- but this is historical, isn't it...?

Master Kenobi said:
DrTomas said:
The problem is when you play with small number of troops. In which case you can easily get flanked.
Of course it is impossible to defend a castle with such a small number of men --- but this is historical, isn't it...?
In this case performance is more important then forcing everyone to have minimum 200 battlesizes.

Hello,

I post that problem in another thread dedicated to fortified manors but had no answers :
Dis someone experiment lower left screen messages vanish just after village manor has been fortified ?
I built everything in the fortified manor and when I construct village castle, hop, no more messages and a bit of lag on campaign map...

Any clues ?

Thanks for the report, pino69 - I'll check it out. The castle building has always been a problem(more or less), and most problems are caused by who knows what. An error log from would be nice.

DrTomas said:
In this case performance is more important then forcing everyone to have minimum 200 battlesizes.
Would it be possible to somehow make it optional then? There are a lot of people who play with large scale battlesize and one-ladder gameplay is boring thus.

And for the flanking argument, put them close together = no flanking.

souleater said:
DrTomas said:
Would it be possible to somehow make it optional then? There are a lot of people who play with large scale battlesize and one-ladder gameplay is boring thus.

Sure. But someone would need to do the scenes with the extra ladders. And it's not going to be me. I should do a scene revision as well. Perhaps get some more scenes from native for more variaty.

Oh and I'm going to upload a new revision tomorrow(unless something bad happens). It will feature a new system where AI will develop the manors for there towns/villages. And manors can be also be destroyed when looted(and has a low prosperity). Including the players one(except the fortified manor).

The bad thing, that I didin't realy had much time to test it. So prepare for a bug hunt. Also it would be nice to know on the rate they develop/are destroyed. Too fast, too slow? But the framework is more or less is in place.

Next on my to do list is reworking the bandit camps.

Back
Top Bottom