The MOD of low class........*(^.^)*

Users who are viewing this thread

Lostlegion I like your logic, and I understand and agree perfectly. In fact, hell, why don't we take it to all aspects of life.

Graveyards, hell why bother having names, I dont know who these people are, most people dont know who these people are, so why don't we just throw them all into a hole with no record of who it is.

Building records. Do you know any architects? I sure as hell don't, and frankly who cares who put hours of intensive thought and labor into designing, planning, and constructing the structures around us.

Oh sorry, your not against credits, you just don't want us to enforce a considerate forum community. I understand.

No offense lostlegion but your thought process and reasoning makes me sick. Mentally of course, though I'd imagine if it manifested itself physically it would be extreme dysentery.

As for EXPAND, I understand he didn't realize what he has done, and he seems like a nice bloke, but the mod he uses has stolen material in it, and unless, out of respect to the authors of the stolen work, no matter who stole the work originally, he gives credit to the authors of all stolen work inside the mod he is promulgating I will boycott his work and support it being taken off the forum.

Also I like your D'sparil stuff.

I can't agree with Lostlegion any more.  It's a realistic attitude to this spat: just do more and say less.

LostLEGION said:
If you are to take any action, there really should be a bridge between the English forums and the Chinese forums.

yes, we are going to build this bridge here:
How about to create a Chinese board in the Non-English Forums?

Expand's problem is not credit PaoCai as it's original pool,  so do it now.

About Paocai's credit with TLD, it had done last year.

That's all.

Give more space for Taleworlds' sunny sky....

Alixyang said:

That's all.

No, you're wrong; that's not all. Did Paocai made the TLD content? No. If Expand is using TLD content he should give credits to TLD (as for all the other stuff he used from other people and other mods).

That would be a much better way to "Give more space for Taleworlds' sunny sky....".

Good luck with the Chinese subforum, I think it's a great idea :wink:

DaBlade said:
Alixyang said:

That's all.

No, you're wrong; that's not all. Did Paocai made the TLD content? No. If Expand is using TLD content he should give credits to TLD (as for all the other stuff he used from other people and other mods).

That would be a much better way to "Give more space for Taleworlds' sunny sky....".

Good luck with the Chinese subforum, I think it's a great idea :wink:
Dear DaBlade
I do know what you mean, but, Expand do not... ... just because his Englist is very very very poor! So, maybe you need to wait until one day he is good at English then he will say "sorry i used sth about TLD MOD without give credits to TLD"... maybe never...  :???:

Heteroi, I understand the language barrier can be a problem, but I think Expand has also other kind of more severe problems. Besides, his English is better than my Chinese for sure. I believe he would be able to write "thanks" and add some names after that, wouldn't he? Or he could ask someone to help him with that. Doesn't look like he really cares, does it?

DaBlade, now I try my best to explain what Expand think to you here:
First, he made so many equip of M&B world and added them to the Paocai MOD, so, the Paocai MOD with his new stuff now become a new MOD, he call it "Cat MOD";
2th, the Paocai MOD contains the TLD content, so, all the problem is about Paocai MOD, nothing to do with his "Cat MOD";
3th, that is all enough, if here are somebody need to say "sorry", not him, just the Paocai MOD's creator.

Now you puzzle about it? Yes, that is Expand's "logic", and I should to say, at first, the Paocai Mod's creator never permit Expand to use his Paocai MOD, but ... ...

You are wrong. Expand's "Cat Mod" uses models and textures from TLD. The fact Pocai's mod used them in the first place doesn't give Expand the right to use them at his own will.

From what I understood so far, Expand got himself in trouble over the Chinese forum for using other people's work. Doesn't look like he learned anything from it.

Oh, I just try to translate and repeat WHAT EXPAND THINK TO YOU. That is not my mind! What I think is just same with you, DaBlade. :shock:

DaBlade said:
yes he did, but not in the 0.894 thread,they are in its 0.903 thread:
Band of Warriors(战盟): 钢甲套装,2个头盔,3种马。
Band of Warriors(Expanded): 一个竞技场的场景模型。
IvoryNinja(牙忍):1个飞镖,1套爪刃。
The Eagle and The Radiant Cross: 2个头盔。
TLD(魔戒):1个头盔,1套甲,1副手套,3面盾,1把投枪,一把法仗,8个声音文件。
The Tripartition(苍龙三国):1把弩,1面盾,1匹马。
Expanded Gameplay II:一个完整的音效包

中文站置顶里的一套指环王武器。
游侠网版主TheRock制作的两把斧头,三把剑:TR原创M&B新武器发布专贴
中文站贵宾kanesunny提供的长杆火枪:0892Native火枪补丁和bow火枪补丁
中文站版主kelavis制作的骑士甲套装:精装版全身骑士甲
中文站骑友Ninja8181制作的 中世纪2装备补丁 中的部分盔甲
中文站骑友ly_szc制作的两套盔甲:奇迹世界MM装,做了个男性盔甲
中文站骑友magicxx制作的女忍者装:女忍装放出
中文站骑友theguard制作的忍具袋:苦无与忍具袋
中文站骑友su2006制作的靴子
中文站骑友sylxs提供的一把精灵刀:自制武器&天堂2武器

if you paid a little attention on the dates of that 2 thread, you would take note of these:
1) PaoCai mod for 0.894 was published at 2007-11-18
2) the last time it updated was at 2007-11-28
3) PaoCai mod for 0.894 was published at 2007-12-18

I think these mean the author oolonglgx spent not much time on 0.894 version, it is possible that he had forgotten or just been not disposed to update the thread for 0.894 version. although it was still not good, but acceptable I presume? after all he had made a good credit list in his 0.903 thread.

and I was wrong about this
WilliamBerne said:
I'm not the author, and I did nothing for it, didn't even post in those threads, ......
I did posted in both threads :mrgreen: that was 10 months ago, totally forgot.

So? If the author of PaoCai mod gave credits to the mods he used for source material, that means Expand just needs to give credits to PaoCai mod? Is that what you're saying? So, if I make some minor modifications to Expands mod and release it as my own mod, I'll just give credits to Expand, is that it? I'm sorry but that's not how I think things should be done.

DaBlade said:
So? If the author of PaoCai mod gave credits to the mods he used for source material, that means Expand just needs to give credits to PaoCai mod? Is that what you're saying? So, if I make some minor modifications to Expands mod and release it as my own mod, I'll just give credits to Expand, is that it? I'm sorry but that's not how I think things should be done.
your logic is funny, haha, but I don't like it.

WilliamBerne said:

His logic is right though, and it is the generally accepted logic of the modding community here and on MBX.

Credit needs to be given to the author of content, not to the author of the compilation it was taken from

sneakey pete said:
WilliamBerne said:

His logic is right though, and it is the generally accepted logic of the modding community here and on MBX.

Credit needs to be given to the author of content, not to the author of the compilation it was taken from
and from where can you see, I was against this rule?

All the logic that Expand should only give credit to PaoCai mod(also with a couples '?') he had existed only in his posts, not in mine.

haha, you guys are just missing the right target and prepare to fire at me. but I'm just telling the facts I saw and saying nothing about one man should only give credits to another one.
I don't give a **** about if Expand should credit TLD or not. cuz I didn't downloaded this cat mod, I don't know if Expand used things from TLD or not. (If he did keep those items from TLD of course he must credit them)

But I do know he used the MS of PaoCai's, that is what I'm caring about here. what I'm always trying to say in this thread is also, sometimes creating a good MS is far more harder than creating some items. this was always ignored by any of you in this thread, especially Expand.
WilliamBerne said:
his wrong was not posting those screenies, he own those truly. he was wrong because he used PaoCai MOD as basic MS and didn't give a clear indication.
PaoCai MOD has many many new elements that you can't show them in a thread with screenies, but its author can't tell us here(maybe because his english wasn'T good enough, I dunno).

Expand deserve the praises in this thread, becasue they were praising the models made by him but not the amazing modul system of PaoCai MOD.

If he just made all these works in Native, or give a clear indication as the deal he and PaoCai MOD's author made, then we wouldn't bother him here. sigh
WilliamBerne said:
now you are unreasonable.
taleworlds did only 3/4 jobs in this mod? :shock: you really think you have done a lot, do you

adding 35 new items won't make it worth 3/16, especially many of their meshes were not created by you, although your textures and rigging works were fine.

or you are saying, that the items are what's a mod all about? :shock:

WilliamBerne said:

(If he did keep those items from TLD of course he must credit them)

That's what I've been saying from the start. That's what he isn't doing from the start. Got it this time?

DaBlade said:
WilliamBerne said:

(If he did keep those items from TLD of course he must credit them)

That's what I've been saying from the start. That's what he isn't doing from the start. Got it this time?
I knew what you mean from the start, I just wanted to play for a while.
I pretended I thought you agreed with "if I make some minor modifications to Expands mod and release it as my own mod, I'll just give credits to Expand", I pretended I thought you were against the commen rule in that #89 post. cuz I was unhappy about you were thinking me as a unreasonable man like Expand. but somebody didn't get it.

anyway we had made a big accomplishment, Expand finally edited his thread.

WilliamBerne, I think you managed to get me confused with your posts... then if you start pretending... it doesn't help either :razz:

I still think Expand should give credits to ALL the mods he took things from, but I'll leave that to someone else. I'm tired of this whole thing already.

The standard convention in all fields of work is to credit to only one level. So, in this case, he would only need to credit P.Cai.  This is the convention used in all professions and academic fields.  You only need to credit another person if you took work directly from that person, but if you took it from another source that took it from the first source, you only need to credit the second source.  The responsibility to credit the first source is by the second source.  To help you kids understand:

When you do a history research paper in school, you read a book written by some dude, and you quote it, and you cite the dude.  However, the dude itself probably took his research from 100 other guys, and in the back of the dude's book, there are 100 citations.  You don't need to include the 100 citations, but only need to cite the dude who wrote the book.  Ask your teacher kids if you don't believe me.

I am a software developer, and this convention is the same in software.  If people were to track through every level and include the citations of one guy, and that guy's citations, and that guy's citations, and so on as no forth, every software today would be terabytes big, and because most of that would be only citations of other people's work. In fact, since almost all computer work is based on mathematics, Pythagerous, Newton, Cauchy, etc... should be included in every citation.  When's the last time any of you modders include these mathematical greats in your citations? Surely the modling software you used probably uses some kind of interpolation that can be linked all the way back to Cauchy most basic one's, so you are using work by someone else usine somen else's work, using someone else's work, using someone else's work... etc... all the way back to the olden days.  The citation would be endless!  No, that's crazy, teh amount of citation using that logic is impractical and rediculous.  Therefore, we cite only to one level.  If you are unhappy about it, then you are arrogant and full of yourself. 

yes it is and it is really bad as I always believe.
in this modding field, I think we should build a new order before it was too late like in academic fields.

Back
Top Bottom