The Academy, Discussion, Suggestions, Ideas, whatever you like!

Should I make Bandit parties stronger?

• Yes, very much stronger!

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but only a little.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Leave them as they are.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, make them easier!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

FILE MOU please said me how to do like    look like leonidas  crested helmet cap and armor how can i do ?  :ohdear:

I will send you the file with all caped armours and instructions sometime today. It's very easy. I'm assuming you want armours with capes, right? Not 300 sillyness with nude dudes and spandex with cape.  :razz:

no i want with complete armor and dont forget me please  my friends my life will turn off if i have this  :grin:

Hello!

First off, this is an amazing mod. I have one question. When I start my game, I buy all the proper food, materials, build up money. However when I recruit anybody, their morale stays dangerously low and they begin to desert. The Morale report doesn't have an explanation for me.

Cheers, Felix.

Hello, glad you like the mod! To be honest, I haven't found that anywhere. I hope to resolve it, if is a problem, so could you answer two questions? Firstly, do you play the latest 1.05 version? And secondly do you play with cheats? I ask because I only use them when I test mods, not so much and I don't know what effect they might have one game-play. Oh, also, did you lose any of the previous battles, before that started to happen OR don't go into battles much? I hope we fix it!  :smile:

Thanks for the reply!

I just upgraded to the 1.05. That definitely could be it. Other than that, I use no cheats, and previously won a battle against a small band of robbers.

Heh, there's the link in the Downloads thread. About questions:

-No, it's not save game compatible, I'm afraid
-As for differences, most of the items look and stats are changed, all troops remade(maybe they will seem same and some are, but for the majority they are changed), towns and others have changed. That's a more detailed changelog:

Antonis said:
So, Version 1.05 "The Achaemenid Empire Strikes back" is out. You can get it here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=326029.msg7699179#msg7699179
The ModDB has still the 1.04 version, I will upload 1.05 when my Internet agrees. :smile:

CHANGELOG

-More than 50 new items, including helmets, armours, muscled cuirasses(made by Lionstrong, shields, weapons etc.
-Completely new face and body models.
-Added a couple more of hairstyles and beards.
-Made and added a lot of new linothorakes.
-Made and added 6 peltast shields, of the classic 'crescent moon' design.
-Changes made to troops, so that they use the aforementioned new items.
-Took care of the items that didn't exist then, like the maize, replacing with other proper items.
-Added a lot for the Persians. I felt they were a bit neglected in terms of items, so I added more for them. Clothes, shields and armours etc. Following Hertog Jan's suggestion, I went ahead and retextured some native models that now suit the mod without being 'medieval' looking.
-New troops, for mercenaries, Persians, and some Greeks.
-Changed ALL the hoplon shields. Lionstrong sent me an update hoplon model for my big mod, with better shape and great normal and specular maps, so I used it as a base for the shields. The old model didn't have anything wrong, but the new one is more crisp and clear. The shield decorations and designs are the same, plus some new ones.
-Re-equipped the bandits, no more tons of hoplon shields available for mere bandits or out of place items.
-An expiremental change: the horses. As arosenberger14 reported, cavalry was still pretty strong. My idea for the mod, originally, was that cavalry was to act as scouts/light cavalry, than the heavy destructive force. Persian heavies excluded, of course. But they still were pretty strong. So, what I did was to change not the soldiers, but the horses. For this version, the horses are easier to kill, they don't have any armour value, except the persian war mare with the lamellar armour on(a saddle isn't protection, so I don't think it justifies a 15 armour rating) and a bit less easier to handle, a bit less like vehicles. But, they have higher charge values. I mean, if a horse came straight onto you and trampled you, would you be all well and fine, especially if you wore very light armour, like the peltasts? I don't think so. So, phalanxes now are a no-go for full frontal charges with the horse, you can be taken out pretty easily. On the other hand, if the cavalry finds alone men and especially lightly armoured ones, they have the upper hand, due to momentum and speed. We'll see if it is a good change.
-Also, while the custom armours that can be worn as accessories was a good idea, the execution was bad, leading to exploitation. I am working on how to get around it, but if I am unsuccessful, prepare to see something else in their place.

:smile:

first of all congratulations for this great mod!
i hadn't had the time to play it, but now i can really give it a go!
it's really something, i played a lot and the historic accuracy is excellent.
the only thing i have found that isn;t historicall are the amazons in tournaments,
but they're kind of funny  :smile:
i made the idiocy of not reading that there was a 1.5 version so i start now a new game, but
it won't bother.

i have a question, can i use enb with the mod?

Thank you! I suggest waiting a couple of days before playing, as I will release a mini-patch very soon. And yeah, the Amazons are inaccurate, as I have mentioned in the Description and many ties in the old thread, but I actually am a big fan of their myth and appearance in various cultures, so that's the reason I have made them. And yes, you can use ENB, as far as I know there are no problems.  :smile:

antonis are you suggesting waiting because it won't be save compatible?

a small thing that i noticed with the hoplite dory is that it's swing gives cut damage,
and thrust gives a blunt damage. as i know it the (double edged) hoplite dory was used
to finish the ennemies that were lying wounded beneath their feet, it was practical.
so what i did was give a pierce damage to the upright attack with the dory instead of blunt.
i found that it works fine. the only problem is that i get no prisonners :iamamoron:

anyway very happy to see a new patch!!!

i don't know but as i am greek, i find it very easy to understand the upgrades of troops (and great), and other
things like in dialogues made by npc's, i wonder if english speaking players have a problem understanding
some language issues/?

Exactly. And the map is pretty changed as you'll see. The new patch is up, btw, you can download it.  :smile:
Yeah, I forgot to change the dory damage, I'm sorry.  :oops:
As for the language, so far some people had troubles with the font(which can easily changed, as I write in the Download thread), but not with the pseudo-Greek words.

Hey Antonis I got around to starting your mod and I've been having a lot of fun with it, but I noticed the spears were kinda messed up because they were doing blunt on the overhead stab. I checked the item kinds with morgh's and it seems like you forgot to put the overswing_spear flag on the spears in order for them to overhead stab properly. I made an item_kinds1 that has these fixes to all the spear weapons, and I replaced the overhead stab (2h) animation with one that uses a native animation.
Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/myr6yd5ewqo2wb8/Fires_of_War_1.05a_stabbing_fix
I downloaded 1.05 and 1.05a before updating it so hopefully it should be completely up to date with what you have done.

Yeah, sorry, I kinda forgot.  :oops:
I knew I haven't done something when I released the patch. If you did it on the 1.04 file, I have added quite some items, but if you replaced/edited the dory items, only a replacement should be made to make it compatible, nothing else. Will try it tomorrow and report.

Thank you, man! Also, I have added you in the Credits and Thanks thread, I think you more than deserve it for all the things you have done for the mod.  :smile:
Also, I think I may have some happy news. Logging in some old accounts of cloud storage, I found folders called Fires of War MS, definetely the module system. I don't know which version, though, as from 1.0 to 1.04 a couple of things have been changed. Still, a good base to resume work and add things.  :smile:

EDIT: Ok, tested the files and they work very good, from what I can see. The overhead attack is a bit overpowered in my opinion, but I haven't tested extensively. Also, I asked permission for some items, mainly some leather caps and some swords I found great for Persians and Medes. I also plan to overhaul the Thracians, as I am still unhappy with their design.

I come here to tell you that a forum mate of mine has made an spanish translation for the latest version of the mod: http://www.caballerosdecalradia.net/t5445-wb-traduccion-fires-of-war

If you want to add this link anywhere for easier location :smile:

Cheers !!

Wow! I feel quite honoured about that! I will thank him there and add a link here, as well. I haven't changed much in the languages folder for the next version, so it's double awesome! Thank you boalmo and you, Mike, for bringing it to my attention!  :smile:

Starting gear should include some armor and boots at least....just a naked guy with spear and helmet is less even than native gear. Will you add freelancer on the next versions?

I will consider adding more clothing options to all choices. But you can start with decent gear, as the 'easy' start, which is father noble or father rebel or the priest start. Those come with clothes and weapon.  :smile:

As for Freelance, I have explained it before, it is a very good mod, but I don't include it in the mod's plans.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom