The Academy, Discussion, Suggestions, Ideas, whatever you like!

Should I make Bandit parties stronger?

• Yes, very much stronger!

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Yes, but only a little.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Leave them as they are.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, make them easier!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello!

I want to start off by saying that this mod, in my opinion, is by far the best mod released for Warband. I'm particularly impressed with your historical accuracy. And your very neat sling animation is very cool too!  :roll:

I have some suggestions/possible fixes:
First, all food without a morale modifier is not consumable. Things like barley bread. Giving them a +0 morale bonus should fix this.
Second, Maize is in the game. Maize was domesticated in Mexico about ten thousand years ago, it didn't reach the old world until after European colonization. I know the common English translation of Anabasis refers to "corn" as what the Greek soldiers were eating, but I have no clue why the author translated it that way because corn didn't show up in Europe until the 1500s AD.
Third, is there anyway there could be rare lead sling bullets as a high tier ammunition for slingers? More damage? The Rhodian Slingers did use lead in the march of the 10,000 which takes place only a couple decades after the start of this game.

Please don't take these as nitpicks as I really love your mod!

*Oh for linux users, the greek style fonts don't work. So as a workaround I deleted the fonts in the data and textures folder and then copied over the native font files in their place.

Thank you, I am really happy you like the mod. The historical accuracy is also work of EFREM, who provided me with tons of stuff, and the animations of sling isn't mine, it's from another mod, spanish. But thank you!  :smile:

As for the suggestions, the extra items were meant only as bargaining items, not for morale. For roleplaying a merchant with more options than the usual.  :smile:
The maize was stupid, sorry. I will fix it at once. I have many more food models to put, so no harm done.
And yes, you are again correct. Lead bullets for the next patch it is, besides the stones.

Thank you for the great suggestions, I am very glad that you took time to see what is wrong, I really appreciate it. As for the fonts, I don't have a Linux OS, sorry. I know that custom fonts don't work with Mac and Linux, so yes, what you did was the best.  :smile:

Antonis said:
Thank you, I am really happy you like the mod. The historical accuracy is also work of EFREM, who provided me with tons of stuff, and the animations of sling isn't mine, it's from another mod, spanish. But thank you!  :smile:

As for the suggestions, the extra items were meant only as bargaining items, not for morale. For roleplaying a merchant with more options than the usual.  :smile:
The maize was stupid, sorry. I will fix it at once. I have many more food models to put, so no harm done.
And yes, you are again correct. Lead bullets for the next patch it is, besides the stones.

Thank you for the great suggestions, I am very glad that you took time to see what is wrong, I really appreciate it. As for the fonts, I don't have a Linux OS, sorry. I know that custom fonts don't work with Mac and Linux, so yes, what you did was the best.  :smile:

Thanks so much for the reply. I can't wait for the next version!

Antonis very nice mod and rly historicall accurate bravo from me :wink:.Can you tell me when can we expect complete scenes on the mod?

I am glad you like the mod. Besides me, most of the historical context and information came from mod researchers and especially from EFREM, who provided with lists of poems and their lyrics, besides the other 'regular' stuff.  :smile:
As for scenes, Sifis is working on the scenes with trouble, but because they are a lot, it might take a while, he is only one doing it.

Hello, glad you like them, as for work, no it has not stopped. At the moment, a fellow from TWC, Andrew makes some items for the mod and Sifis fixes the scenes. I don't have many thiongs to do until I get those.  :smile:

If our troops could continue fighting after we get knocked out, that would be great. I know its kinda realistic but its really frustrating when you are winning and a lucky shot takes you out. Joining the lords would be nice as well. That river or inner sea around Macedonia makes it quite hard to reach north. There might be solution to this but I didn't played long enough to discover.

Some immersion related stuff would be nice too. Such as quests, events, special npcs or locations with rewards. Being able to initiate a rebellion in Anatolia would be cool as well, if its realistic.

I really liked how you included local minorities into faction troop trees. Boosts immersion.

Well, I don't include Freelancer in the mod plans, to be honest, but battle continuation should be there in 1.06. Plans for special NPCs and events, such as Olympic games were there, but then I lost my module files and had to work with mostly text files and old versions. I have made some progress on that, though.

SixRibbons said:
I really liked how you included local minorities into faction troop trees. Boosts immersion.

Thank you, that was my goal. The greek armies mostly have hoplites and such, but the Persian army included tons of mercenaries and from everywhere in the known world. I wanted to display that.  :smile:

Another thing, are the settlement names in Anatolia historical? Because I couldn't recognize majority of them. Some of the ones I recognized are wrongly placed. Also it would be awesome if the Anatolian part of the map go some more love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysaorian_League    I only saw Mylasa in the map.

I would be really happy to see Lycia as well :grin: If the settlements around central anatolia are insufficient, wouldn't it be better to include Lycia under Persian rule to replace settlements like Ancyra which was far away?

Most of the settlements are historical. In Anatolia, I put those I could find as historical where I could, but some no, they are not historical. I will see what I can do about Lycia.

Antonis I must say thank you for the guide, that saved so much time and effort. Anyway as I was looking at the the Persian units and the Medios Misthoforos seem to have stats comparable to the Immortals in your mod. I believe that the Medians were renowned soldiers and this is fine but why are they wearing a cloth shirt? I don't know it just seems a bit weak. And a few of persian units have it. I'm pretty sure it's 10 body armour and 5 leg armour. How about something around 20-25 and 10-15 armour? I believe that counts as medium armour not sure. Is it a balance thing? Just want hear your opinion.

Thank you, I am glad it helps.  :smile:
About the Medios Misthoforos (the Median troops) yes, indeed, they are to be one of the most strong units in the mod. The reason the have cloth shirt, is that I don't have any armour for them at the moment. Mostly any troops have their  'own' armour, helmets and such, the Medians are one of the few that 'take' them from the Persians. So, until they have sth better, this is temporary.

That was quick, anyway good to know thanks. Also is there a reason some of the persian troops who don't have bows also don't use shields. This happens in native and I just want to know why. To use the Median troop again I notice that they have 2 main variants one with sheilds, a different helmet, and a hammer looking thing. While the second variant has just a Median Akinares. I believe I've seen this in other mods too. Is this there to add variation?

Eh, if that's a Native bug, I don;t know. I tried to 'fix' this NPC behaviour by making spears one-handed, so that they use it more. Those troops are categorized as ranged, though, so that must bw a possible cause. And yes, there are two kind of troops in the mod. The 'main' troop tree, with troops of that specific faction and the mercenary troops. There are Medians in the main Persian army, the more professional ones and the other is the mercenaries, not included in the faction army, but in its mercenary tree, with units from all Asia (in the mod, the Empire has mercenaries divided in two categories: from Asia and from Africa and Middle East).

I phrased that wrong. To use Medios Misthoforos as an example and other persian troops do this. That same troop has 2 variants. Meaning every time I upgrade any persian troops to that troop they will either have a shield or not. If you activate cheat menu and you activate cheat:walk around and look at the troops. Some of the same troops will have sparas or they won't. So around half of them will have a spara, a hammer looking thing, and a bronze helmet(dont know what its called), and the other half will just have a Median Akinanes.  The same troop has 2 varieties.  This lack of consistency happens in native especially with lower tier units. But when trying to make a phalanx or just a shield wall many men go down due to the fact that half don't have shields. and If I move the formation up the running speed of those who have shields is slower meaning those without shield instantly go to the front of the formation and get wrecked in ranged. The Ariya Sparabara has this too except they have more variations. There are atlest 3 different types of shields in a group of 13 and 3-4 don't have shields. This troop variation is nice and makes them feel different but is there a solution to make sure that they have and use shields all the time? I have even edited the Scythian Misthoforos and erased all of their items and given them full armour, a sword, and a spara to test this and even then half the time they will use only the one sword and not even have a spara on their backs. This could be happening because of maybe they are an archer but didn't check.

Oh, I understand. Well, that happens because in each specific unit, I have (and respectively, in Native it's the same) given various items, a 'pool' of weapons and shields to choose from. They choose randomly. To achieve uniformity, they only thing to do is just give them one of any kind (one type of shield, one weapon, for example a sword, one type of helmet etc.) But that would make every troop look the same. I wasn't planning to do this. Of course, this method has the danger of what you said, but at least, they don't look like clones of one another.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom