TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Sofia Johanna Jeanette Munsterhjelm von Platen said:
Bromden said:
The wonder of stupidity, you mean. IAP-s are the dingleberries around Ahriman's anus. Everybody using them is a fool and an easy mark who deserves to get both of their kidneys stolen or be stabbed to death by a group of 8 year old muggers.
I agree. It's the Hamster Wheel / Rat Cage experiment written large. There's that Dorkly comic about idiot consumers that fits this perfectly:
http://www.dorkly.com/post/65536/how-every-awful-video-game-thing-was-born
Just like how Transformers movies keep making a profit despite being godawful ****.

In other news, a Russian passenger plane has apparently exploded in mid-air. All 71 passengers and crew are dead.

In Egypt, military dictator-slash-El Presidente Al-Sisi is clearning up the countryside with bombs and shells, fighting "terrorism".
Hah, great find with that comic, thanks.

Bromden said:
The wonder of stupidity, you mean. IAP-s are the dingleberries around Ahriman's anus. Everybody using them is a fool and an easy mark who deserves to get both of their kidneys stolen or be stabbed to death by a group of 8 year old muggers.
Ah but the wonders of the modern age means you can easily fleece these fools with no stabbing or really any effort at all once you've got a sufficiently large following of them. Yaaaay.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/12/orban-allies-could-use-eu-as-cash-register-meps-say
Hungary is on course to receive €25bn (£22.2bn) from the EU in the seven years to 2021,
making it one of the largest per-capita recipients of the bloc’s economic development funds.

Poland and Croatia had an even higher proportion of single-bids for public money at 45% ...

... the problems were not isolated to Hungary, and a new kind of “semi-legal” irregularity was emerging.
“We see oligarchs in some member states becoming politicians and benefiting at the same time from EU and national money for their companies ...”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/feb/12/marmite-unilever-ads-facebook-google

Unilever has threatened to withdraw its advertising from online platforms such as Facebook and Google if they fail to eradicate content which “create division in society and promote anger and hate”...

Unilever’s ultimatum comes as tech and social media firms are facing mounting criticism for failing to protect children and to erase fake news, hate speech and extremism. Last year Procter & Gamble, the owner of brands including Pantene and Pampers, issued a similar warningbefore cutting $100m (£72m) of digital ad spend without any negative impact on sales .

Weed said: “Fake news, racism, sexism, terrorists spreading messages of hate, toxic content directed at children – parts of the internet we have ended up with is a million miles from where we thought it would take us.”

Unilever is the world’s second biggest marketing spender, after P&G, and spent €7.7bn (£6.8bn) last year advertising its brands

I've always been skeptical of the value of online advertising as it is so easy to skip it completely when compared to radio/tv/magazine advertising, even when you're not using AdBlockers. Not to mention how intrusive and annoying it can be with gigantic popups, making users annoyed at the brand/product instead of interested in it.

In any case, this is probably the first serious threat for both Facebook and Google in a long time, since advertising is their prime revenue by far and the two largest advertisers have either already reduced their online spending or threatening to do so.

No surprise there, that is what was happening for the last 8 years. And before that. Democracy here is about the ruling party and their friends getting rich. It's kinda tradition.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-respond-shooting-parkland-florida-high-school-n848101
A teenage gunman opened fire at a South Florida high school on Wednesday afternoon, killing multiple people before he was arrested, officials said.

The suspect, believed to be about 18 years old, is a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland and there are at least 20 victims, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said.

It was not immediately clear how many of those victims were injured and how many died, but Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., citing Broward County officials, told NBC News that there were "a number of fatalities."

Aw, ****. Here we go again.

Edit: https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-updates-shooting-high-school-parkland-fla-multiple-injuries-reported-200936418.html

17 dead.

That’s just an hour north of my home. Used to go to conferences/ competitions with kids from that school, not that I knew any personally. When I heard about this it just struck me how close to home that is damn.

I used to think it was just hyperbole when people say that politicians who don’t do anything have blood on their hands, but they really do.

I'd gladly give mine up if I thought the majority of the country would, but I don't see that ever realistically happening. I don't think the gun problem in the US is solvable, someone can go into a school and shoot 20+ kids dead and a huge portion of the population will not even consider life without guns. Just immediately shift the blame elsewhere.

It obviously is, but not while Americans act like total idiots. Pretty much the entire time I've been alive there have been more and more shootings per year, but we still haven't hit a breaking point where any government officials have taken meaningful action. A lot of idiots here believe it's a lack of Christianity in school that's causing shootings. I don't have a ton of hope for the people in this country.

Back
Top Bottom