TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

DYSTOPIAN said:
heheheheheh

Currydick+_491ca5e18c598a0a986a0738408fefe2.gif

The only time I was annoyed on here was when Splintert believed a fairly well-documented and obvious photographic/digital display phenomenon was impossible. I was so annoyed that I decided to prove to him that a fairly well-documented and obvious photographic/digital display phenomenon actually existed.

Even then, I still wasn't annoyed. I want to be annoyed. It's been an age since I was last annoyed, I need to experience it again. I need life! I need to feel alive again!! Annoy me!!!!!!!!! I want it!!!!!!!!!! Hurt me, Snake! Hurt me!!!!!

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu said:
Even then, I still wasn't annoyed. I want to be annoyed. It's been an age since I was last annoyed, I need to experience it again. I need life! I need to feel alive again!! Annoy me!!!!!!!!! I want it!!!!!!!!!! Hurt me, Snake! Hurt me!!!!!
Pens suck, pencils are the way to go.

Indonesia is falling deeper into theocracy. The country is preparing to outlaw pre-marital and non-heterosexual sex completely.

https://www.vice.com/en_id/article/gywzq3/indonesia-is-closer-than-ever-before-to-passing-new-laws-that-could-change-everything

Everyone from the police to human rights campaigners have been calling for a revised version of the Criminal Code for years. But as the massive 500-plus page document made its way through committee, lawmakers continued to add new laws and revisions to the Criminal Code, including several that could dramatically shift the ongoing culture wars over what modern Indonesia actually is firmly in the favor of religious conservatives.

"We need to remove the old colonial rules [from the existing laws]," Erasmus told VICE. "But what has been changed in the new code didn't even have anything to do with the colonial-era chapters."

So what's happening?

Here at VICE's Indonesia office, covering the country's culture wars is something of an obsession. In the nearly 20 years since the end of Gen. Suharto's repressive New Order regime, Indonesia's swing toward religious conservatism seems to have accelerated. Today, we have women trying to rebrand the full-face veil as something cool and fashionable, men pushing apps where would-be polygamists can find their second wives, and others arguing that dating itself is a sinful act.

And while fundamentalist lobbyist groups like the Family Love Alliance (AILA) have been fighting a—so far, unsuccessful—battle in the courts to outlaw premarital sex, and with it all sex between same-sex partners since LGBTQ marriage isn't legal, conservative politicians are pushing a similar narrative on the floor of the House.

Now, the version of the Criminal Code obtained by VICE—it's dated 10 Jan. 2018—has some language in it that seems to outlaw sex outside the confines of marriage. We say "seems" here, because the law, like most laws in Indonesia, is still pretty vague.

Read the whole article, it's chilling.

Yup. But also means that you better have your wedding certificate with you if you intend to stay in the same hotel room as your partner. And god forbid if it's a same-sex partner.

Back
Top Bottom