TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Serpent Of Eden said:
He said he was from the "world alternative media".
He acused Trudeau of being a globalist.

I hope globalization hurry up so it piss these moron more.

Opposes globalization, then describes himself from being from the "world alternative media."  :lol: No need to wait for globalization to hurry up, its already won. They just haven't realized it yet.

Globalisation is many things, but it's often the modern economic globalisation that is being discussed.
That is a series of policies that aim to open economies, and as such it's ideologically economic liberalism (propelled by institutions like WTO or IMF).
It's certainly not a natural thing, and there are plenty of arguments against some of the policies.

Africa is a perfect example of where economic globalisation hasn't worked.
Just ask Ha-Joon Chang: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha-Joon_Chang

Calling someone a 'globalist' might be the usual concept confusion, where a complex thing is simplified to mean something very specific in a certain context.
In this case a supporter of free markets and the policies and institutions facilitating them.
(I'm just guessing since the tweet was quite short. I've never heard globalist as "a word used by conspiracy theorists moron")

Adorno said:
( I've never heard globalist as "a word used by conspiracy theorists moron")

Me too, I'm just enlightening you as to where Reb was coming from.  :neutral:

Adorno said:
Africa is a perfect example of where economic globalisation hasn't worked.
Just ask Ha-Joon Chang: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha-Joon_Chang
I read his Bad Samaritan book after dropping out of Purdue.
I'm no economist, but its really eye-opening.
I highly recommend the author.

Currently reading Private Empire by Steve Coll.
It details how ExxonMobil considers itself to be a sovereign nation and case studies of evidence to that claim.

But yes globalization is nothing to do with unifying humanity under a single banner.
Its all about the acceptability to penetrate deep into foreign markets through liberalizing their economies,
while retaining command economies at home. A contradiction to any 'free market' advocate.

crodeau said:
silly Rabs quoted dystopian instead of ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:lol:

Serpent Of Eden said:
His avatar is of a russian revolution era genocidal warlord.
As much as Roman was a madman, I've never heard of any atrocities committed as a result of his leadership.

Serpent Of Eden said:
why do you have an avatar of a known genocidal war criminal?
Look t the personal text :iamamoron:

And left-wing mass-murderers and their symbols are allowed as avatars and such. There was a lengthy discussion about that in the "Witchhunt" thread two years back or so.
Oh wait, wrong side.

Back
Top Bottom