Taleworld need to start adressing difficult topics

Users who are viewing this thread

-The fact nobody likes the class system
-The lack of private servers and why it isnt their number 1 priority
-Are they really aiming for ESports or not ? And if so. WHY ?
-Why do they balance all modes the same way ? (especially Captain vs PVP modes)

Last edited:
Inappropriate behavior
How else will they push their esports bro.

Sincerely, from someone who could give less <snip> about competitive, and most likely shared by the majority of the community

Mod Edit: Remove swear filter bypassing

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it curious that the devs have so far considered Bannerlord as a candidate for the eSports lists.

Large community? ---> Bad decisions that undermine day by day the spirit and the numbers of this one.
Players all over the world? --->There are not even servers in SA...
Interested fan base? ---> Less and less, see the Steam lists with a downward curve in free fall
Professional teams? ---> Some, nothing comparable to Warband.

All these questions are behind the, is the MP game experience fun?

Esports will never happen for this franchise, and that has been the case since warband. Mount and blade falls into the genre of games that form loyal but small but still sizeable fanbases that play the game, in the same way games like Gears of War, For Honor and other games that have deep and time consuming to learn mechanics. The problem with Bannerlord is that it sucks major ****. It will never, ever, be close to the quality of warband in terms of meaningful simplicity and responsiveness. On top of that, bannerlord is not fun. These are the main things that ruined the game for me:

1) Extremely slow shield infantry, moving at the pace of a handicapped chicken
2) Stance system, major garbage adding nothing to the game other than easy predictions on faster animations
3) Classes, the biggest ****ty choice ever made in the multiplayer aspect of the multiplayer
4) Skirmish, a horrible mode to replace battle, made to create a competitive yet easier and satisfying environment for casuals. The bad thing is that not even casuals give a **** about bannerlord
5) Captain meme and PvP-modes balance is shared
6) Lack of personality, falls into the category of things destroyed by the class system
7) No progression. It's 2020, you dont have to put items that give advantage in combat for progression. Titles, outfits, something for players to chase.
:cool: Lack of servers
9) Development team that is clueless, literally, about their own game. I could rant for hours at the ****ty job they do, but I won't, the patch notes are evident.
10) And the worst of all, denial. People have been screaming that BL will suck since beta 2019.

I think calling Skirmish horrible is a bit harsh, out of all the things TW did, Skirmish is definitely not among the worst of it all. Once they add Battle mode and Skirmish and Battle are their own separate things, i dont think people will view Skirmish as negatively as to now where its considered like "the new battle mode"

I think calling Skirmish horrible is a bit harsh, out of all the things TW did, Skirmish is definitely not among the worst of it all. Once they add Battle mode and Skirmish and Battle are their own separate things, i dont think people will view Skirmish as negatively as to now where its considered like "the new battle mode"

Skirmish is not horrible, but its a clear overcomplicated downgrade from battle. Nobody considers this to be 'the new battle', it's a mode we are forced to play.

Skirmish is not horrible, but its a clear overcomplicated downgrade from battle. Nobody considers this to be 'the new battle', it's a mode we are forced to play.

People compare it a lot to battle mode though because its a smaller scaled fight sort of like battle mode. IMO Skirmish will be more respected once Battle and Skirmish are their own separate entities. I myself and my friends will probably keep playing Skirmish even when battle is out, because its not always fun to die first and watch others fight for like 10 minutes.

People compare it a lot to battle mode though because its a smaller scaled fight sort of like battle mode. IMO Skirmish will be more respected once Battle and Skirmish are their own separate entities. I myself and my friends will probably keep playing Skirmish even when battle is out, because its not always fun to die first and watch others fight for like 10 minutes.

In a typical game, the melee phase will end very quickly, like in 30 seconds. The end game will last longer which usually 1 vs 2 or 2 vs 2. Even though it will be faster than 3v3 skirmish because in skirmish we start from full health.

In a typical game, the melee phase will end very quickly, like in 30 seconds. The end game will last longer which usually 1 vs 2 or 2 vs 2. Even though it will be faster than 3v3 skirmish because in skirmish we start from full health.

Every time i played battle there was god damn game stallers playing ultra cautiously, trying to go all rambo up in here.

As one of the sweating skirmish players: Bannerlord might have the potential to aim for eSport. But the way they're balancing the game right now is going into the opposite direction, so there's that...
There is a potential if the community manages the balance more directly.

As for casual play, keep competitive and casual completely separate

As one of the sweating skirmish players: Bannerlord might have the potential to aim for eSport. But the way they're balancing the game right now is going into the opposite direction, so there's that...

What exactly makes it a potential esport game? Like what are the characteristics, in your opinion, that Bannerlord fulfills or can fulfill in the future?

Competitive, yes. esport, no.
If Bannerlord would ever be an esport, Taleworld would have to sink a ton of money into it, since it'd be the first of its type to make it to that level. They'd need really high prize pools, incredibly high production value in their broadcasts, and way stricter rules for behaviour.
Either that or it would need millions of players and basically brute force it.
Not to mention the patching, the servers, and updates in general would have to be way more frequent.
If they wanted to have an esport, they shouldve hosted a tournament around EA launch, brought in personalities and *sigh* influencers and do a large event. That way people might take multiplayer seriously. Instead its a single player focused game, and if the higher ups told them to make it the next big hit for multiplayer, they were doomed to fail from the start.

The esport train has already left the station, we can make the game into a pretty fun and interesting competitive game though.

Game stills in EA. We are 10 years away from Mount and Blade 3. The core system is strong enough for a lot more of adding developments. This game stills has A LOT of potential. Stay tuned. Just fix the cav hitbox and unnerf the couch kthxbye.

Even if the developers fix everything that the player base wants I don't see them getting many more players than are currently playing the game. Bannerlord will never have nearly the number of players it had at the beginning of EA.

The only Esport people would be willing to watch is a massive Siege battle 100 vs 100, organized vs organized with tactics and stuff. Other than that its just watching people spam swings lol.

Back
Top Bottom