Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

During my current session 3 people got kicked for accidental teamkilling and one got banned.  ALL accidental teamkilling.  The teamkill system seems to reset every 24 hours...  This is the dumbest thing ever, all the 13 ppl on this server agreed.  REMOVE IT

K i just accidentally hit somebody againafter getting kicked and got KICKED AGAIN, so its 10 to first kicked 1 to second kick 1 to ban.  this has to go man it is a crap system

Storantom said:
During my current session 3 people got kicked for accidental teamkilling and one got banned.  ALL accidental teamkilling.  The teamkill system seems to reset every 24 hours...  This is the dumbest thing ever, all the 13 ppl on this server agreed.  REMOVE IT

At this point in the mod losing 3-4 players is almost a whole team.  Maybe a report system might be better put in place for those of us that don't really care if we get team wounded or team killed by mistake versus having the computer automatically ban/kick you (*ctrl-m* type system).

Nick_Mac said:
Roran 13 said:
Currently looking for the OSP with this in it without succes. It's a not too shabby 16th century plate.
nMETkF2.jpg
Can I have link to that dl pack with this armor, pls? Saw it long ago, can't find now =(

If you would have read what I said, you would know that I couldn't find it either, and that I had been looking for it.

Diablos_IX__ said:
I just have been playing siege to notice, it takes 15 minutes for a defender to gain a multi (too long).

I suggest to not reduce the amount of time per round but to grant the defenders after 5 mins of play 1 multi and after a won round another one.

Attackers can flank or use some tactic to win in no time. Appart form that i would like to see the team switched after every round same for battle to give both team fair conditions of winning.

And add this kind of armor for drgooner
Frz-Gardekuerassier.png

This mod is situated in the year 1521, the early 16th century. That armour is from the 19th century. I think chances that that will be added are below freezing point.

Haven't played yet, looking forward to it though:smile:

Suggestion;

This mods absolutely needs the "Commander Battle" mode just like the one NW has.
Not only would it be awesome considering the equipment and troops/factions in the mod, it would probably make the mod feel more alive considering the current low player count the mod is apparently suffering from.

Note: I base my assumption that this mod has no Commander Battle mode from the fact that there is none on the server list, if this mod actually has the option...ignore my ignorance.

Marius_Marich said:
Haven't played yet, looking forward to it though:smile:

Suggestion;

This mods absolutely needs the "Commander Battle" mode just like the one NW has.
Not only would it be awesome considering the equipment and troops/factions in the mod, it would probably make the mod feel more alive considering the current low player count the mod is apparently suffering from.

Note: I base my assumption that this mod has no Commander Battle mode from the fact that there is none on the server list, if this mod actually has the option...ignore my ignorance.

You can poll to change the bot count on NA 1, and then do commander battle. We've done it before, but the factions aren't completely fleshed out or balanced. For instance, some factions have full plated knights on plated chargers, while others have light infantry only. It would need more work before it had a dedicated server.

Storantom said:

K i just accidentally hit somebody againafter getting kicked and got KICKED AGAIN, so its 10 to first kicked 1 to second kick 1 to ban.  this has to go man it is a crap system

I share the same opinion this system is a bit retarded. Especially when playing TDM you have hardly any chance avoiding teamhits from time to time. Remove this auto - kick until it is 100% working and we have a bigger playerbase, cause now it is just bloody annyoing.

Estoc was a form of longsword with no cutting edge designed primarily for halfswording which means it was completely blunt.
Therefore;

Estoc swing damage should be blunt not cut.

167us8j.jpg

solts3.jpg

wrfhom.jpg

20az5te.jpg

2mcg2v7.jpg

2nbu3ph.jpg

20f6us8.jpg

rs7ped.jpg

2gx4lyh.jpg

Link for dling: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=88467735179763887198
Link for dling (direct): http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=88467735179763887198&t=8846773517976388719820926

Package including: three quarters armor (2 diff. necks, for each helmet), gloves, pants, helmets (w/ feathers, armet and burgonet), jackboots, 8 swords.

Nick_Mac said:
167us8j.jpg

solts3.jpg

wrfhom.jpg

20az5te.jpg

2mcg2v7.jpg

2nbu3ph.jpg

20f6us8.jpg

rs7ped.jpg

2gx4lyh.jpg

Link for dling: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=88467735179763887198
Link for dling (direct): http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=88467735179763887198&t=8846773517976388719820926

Package including: three quarters armor (2 diff. necks, for each helmet), gloves, pants, helmets (w/ feathers, armet and burgonet), jackboots, 8 swords.

I want to have that armor :s

I like it, and all I have to add is that the pauldrons need to overlap a bit with the breastplate (such as in Narf's models), making sure that the metal texture 'fits' with metal textures already in-game for helmets and boots, and most importantly, some variants (if you modelled them/we have a talented modeller nearby) with different pauldron models and especially the typical combination of faulds and cuisses reaching down to the knee that became very characteristic for mounted soldiers. Also, armour ith a black coating against rust so we can use more delicious black burgonets.

Example:

Roran 13 said:
I like it, and all I have to add is that the pauldrons need to overlap a bit with the breastplate (such as in Narf's models), making sure that the metal texture 'fits' with metal textures already in-game for helmets and boots, and most importantly, some variants (if you modelled them/we have a talented modeller nearby) with different pauldron models and especially the typical combination of faulds and cuisses reaching down to the knee that became very characteristic for mounted soldiers. Also, armour ith a black coating against rust so we can use more delicious black burgonets.

Example:
about pauldrons - I can simply add another variant. Heavier from left shoulder from original mesh. Reanimating not a big deal. Btw, Roran, if U noticed, armor made on a base of armor U suggested some posts ago =) Maybe will tweak a bit heavy variant.
Cuisses. Original mesh has nice one, point was to replace them with pants. Modelling an cuisses over current pants would be too much for that model, due to plate parts on the stomach. And remodelling whole at stomach will require time,  Maybe better solution will be in making new texture for some boots fitting to original mesh. No point to invent a bycicle. Like we can see at AoC 2 models preview (landskneht, black armor set, inspired by them). I deeply respect Zimkes' work, but still previews can't be used ingame =\ Asking for them will give nothing  think =(
Blackening. Thought about it, probably will. But don't expect for it in next few hours =P Few days maybe.
Metal fitting to helmets. I'll simply reduce specular highlights, and it will suit to at least 50% of helmets (kettle hat by Narf, etc). Or just tell, to what sort of helmets U think it should fit, for having clear task. Also, due to specific neck it will not fit to some helmets in any case, and this neck liked by me, so it will not be changed. Not by me at least.

UPD: have started to doing something on a base of picture U've posted, will come soon.

Nick_Mac said:
Roran 13 said:

Example:
about pauldrons - I can simply add another variant. Heavier from left shoulder from original mesh. Reanimating not a big deal. Btw, Roran, if U noticed, armor made on a base of armor U suggested some posts ago =) Maybe will tweak a bit heavy variant.
Cuisses. Original mesh has nice one, point was to replace them with pants. Modelling an cuisses over current pants would be too much for that model, due to plate parts on the stomach. And remodelling whole at stomach will require time,  Maybe better solution will be in making new texture for some boots fitting to original mesh. No point to invent a bycicle. Like we can see at AoC 2 models preview (landskneht, black armor set, inspired by them). I deeply respect Zimkes' work, but still previews can't be used ingame =\ Asking for them will give nothing  think =(
Blackening. Thought about it, probably will. But don't expect for it in next few hours =P Few days maybe.
Metal fitting to helmets. I'll simply reduce specular highlights, and it will suit to at least 50% of helmets (kettle hat by Narf, etc). Or just tell, to what sort of helmets U think it should fit, for having clear task. Also, due to specific neck it will not fit to some helmets in any case, and this neck liked by me, so it will not be changed. Not by me at least.

UPD: have started to doing something on a base of picture U've posted, will come soon.

For the helmets that should fit with this armour; considering that this is a 3/4rd munitions armour with a gorget added to the chestplate model this armour would be worn with closed helmets, (primarily closed) burgonets, savoyard helmets, ... helmets that are supposed to be worn with a gorget.

I understand what you mean with remodelling the current faulds attached to the breastplate, those'd have to go to add the long layered cuisses.

We can always throw puppy eyes at Zimke and hope for the best though :grin:

Roran 13 said:
Nick_Mac said:
Roran 13 said:

Example:

For the helmets that should fit with this armour; considering that this is a 3/4rd munitions armour with a gorget added to the chestplate model this armour would be worn with closed helmets, (primarily closed) burgonets, savoyard helmets, ... helmets that are supposed to be worn with a gorget.

I understand what you mean with remodelling the current faulds attached to the breastplate, those'd have to go to add the long layered cuisses.

We can always throw puppy eyes at Zimke and hope for the best though :grin:
Long layered cuisses. Ok, will do this, but it will require changes of geometry and texture of pants, which I have to paint again. Also will do a heavy shoulders for 3/4 armor. These helmets will not suite to it: sturmhaube burgonets from Tuma (untill armor will be blackened, if it will be due to new task), sallets from Narf. If someone want to draw new texture for swords inside my pack - do it.
Also, go ahead, make puppet eyes on him, cause it's not my style. If it will work - good.

PS. Maybe some1 wanna do a nice blackened texture? Will rly helps.

PPS. Also, there's some models of 16st hats, which I'll retexture and they'll be at new pack. For my doings I only want to see everything implented into mod. Call it my demanded payment =) Everything probably will take some days.

Hats will be as separated pack, a bit busy atm, in next 2-3 days. That promise I have to break.

As we dealed, long cuisses, new pants (w/ texture, not quite good, maybe will do better in future) improved specular/bump for every metal parts (armors, helmets, swords), heavier pauldrons (variant w/ lighter remains as diff. item) for every armor (long cuissed, w/o cuisses).

Some screens:
n16vjm.jpg

awz7dj.jpg

5wnzs.jpg

hu2hao.jpg

33ogu9f.jpg

Links:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=38834190107566059523

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=38834190107566059523&t=3883419010756605952342716

Keep in focus, that I made all this works w/ suits, etc SPECIALY for this mod, so I demand it added.

PS. Special thanks to Jefferson Airplane band for awesome music.

Good day

I noticed that the damage of the 1 handed weapons has been nerfed. This means that the already under powered 1 handed weapons are even more in the disadvantage compared to the superior Bastard and 2 handed weapons. The only advantage of the 1 handed is the shield. I'm aware of the speed buff they were given but it is not much use since the weapons mostly just bounce from the armor of the enemy who might be using longer and faster bastard sword.

Right now the mace is the only usable 1 handed weapon thanks to its blunt damage. But the mace is only useful if you can reach the enemy who just swings away backpedaling to the ends of the earth. Sure you can make it work with 1 handed weapons, but take a look and tell me how meany people are using 1 handed weapons and how meany are using bastards or 2 handed weapons. the amount of 1 handed weapons is underwhelming compared to the bastards and 2 handed weapons.

By now you probably get my point. 1 handed weapons are in need of a buff. I would prefer more damage so i can get some blows in but that's up to you guys.

Back
Top Bottom