Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Ithil said:
Good day

I noticed that the damage of the 1 handed weapons has been nerfed. This means that the already under powered 1 handed weapons are even more in the disadvantage compared to the superior Bastard and 2 handed weapons. The only advantage of the 1 handed is the shield. I'm aware of the speed buff they were given but it is not much use since the weapons mostly just bounce from the armor of the enemy who might be using longer and faster bastard sword.

Right now the mace is the only usable 1 handed weapon thanks to its blunt damage. But the mace is only useful if you can reach the enemy who just swings away backpedaling to the ends of the earth. Sure you can make it work with 1 handed weapons, but take a look and tell me how meany people are using 1 handed weapons and how meany are using bastards or 2 handed weapons. the amount of 1 handed weapons is underwhelming compared to the bastards and 2 handed weapons.

By now you probably get my point. 1 handed weapons are in need of a buff. I would prefer more damage so i can get some blows in but that's up to you guys.
Disagree. 16st is not an age of 1h. All these swords should be weak vs armor. Using 1h myself, it's still good vs low tier armor (up to 30-35 points).

Ithil said:
Good day

I noticed that the damage of the 1 handed weapons has been nerfed. This means that the already under powered 1 handed weapons are even more in the disadvantage compared to the superior Bastard and 2 handed weapons. The only advantage of the 1 handed is the shield. I'm aware of the speed buff they were given but it is not much use since the weapons mostly just bounce from the armor of the enemy who might be using longer and faster bastard sword.

Right now the mace is the only usable 1 handed weapon thanks to its blunt damage. But the mace is only useful if you can reach the enemy who just swings away backpedaling to the ends of the earth. Sure you can make it work with 1 handed weapons, but take a look and tell me how meany people are using 1 handed weapons and how meany are using bastards or 2 handed weapons. the amount of 1 handed weapons is underwhelming compared to the bastards and 2 handed weapons.

By now you probably get my point. 1 handed weapons are in need of a buff. I would prefer more damage so i can get some blows in but that's up to you guys.

Ithil said:
Ever hear of Bolognese Swordsmanship? There is some manuscripts from 1600 century.

Swords are nearly useless against heavy armor;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi757-7XD94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osTQrJ_axfc&t=2m20s

If this mod actually wanted absolute realism everything(including all arrows and some bullet shots) apart from the two handed blunt weapons should just bounce off plate and the tincans could just beat up unarmored people with their steel gauntlets laughing at their own noobnes and OP-ness.

There are many other examples of equipment being either nerfed or buffed to make the mod balanced as a whole.
Thus the mod tries to meet everything mid way to avoid making most weapons in the marketplace inventory useless in certain scenarios.

So you should not be so sad about your inability to open cans and just pick up a musket instead.
Armor is incredibly underpowered/useless in M&B(as a whole) as it is.

Well could it be possible to have one main 1 handed weapon and a secondary one?

It would give shielders more flexibility in combat.

For example I engage a peasant so I need a bit more reach and a cutting weapon. After Im done with him and a tincan appears! So I can switch to a mace or axe since I can get close to the behemoth due to its slow speed, and thanks to the mace or axe I can do something to him!

Seriously I would even be okey if I would have to drop the other weapon on the ground when I get the secondary weapon.

Ithil said:
Seriously I would even be okey if I would have to drop the other weapon on the ground when I get the secondary weapon.

that's something I've always wanted to see in this game, that's much more realistic

Marius_Marich said:
Ithil said:
Good day

Ithil said:
Ever hear of Bolognese Swordsmanship? There is some manuscripts from 1600 century.

Swords are nearly useless against heavy armor;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi757-7XD94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osTQrJ_axfc&t=2m20s

If this mod actually wanted absolute realism everything(including all arrows and some bullet shots) apart from the two handed blunt weapons should just bounce off plate and the tincans could just beat up unarmored people with their steel gauntlets laughing at their own noobnes and OP-ness.

There are many other examples of equipment being either nerfed or buffed to make the mod balanced as a whole.
Thus the mod tries to meet everything mid way to avoid making most weapons in the marketplace inventory useless in certain scenarios.

So you should not be so sad about your inability to open cans and just pick up a musket instead.
Armor is incredibly underpowered/useless in M&B(as a whole) as it is.

You should try Knights the Last battle, one of my personal favorite mods, I think it does simulate the protective properties of plate armor quite well. Swords do zero damage and your hits just bounce off, unless you strike a vulnerable spot. Warhammers, poleaxes and halberds do the job rather well though, exactly as it was in the mod's timeframe. :smile:

Alcohol running inside my veins. Sensetive flirt took me without remains. At least not closer than monday I'll make this damn hats.

Ithil said:
Well could it be possible to have one main 1 handed weapon and a secondary one?

It would give shielders more flexibility in combat.

For example I engage a peasant so I need a bit more reach and a cutting weapon. After Im done with him and a tincan appears! So I can switch to a mace or axe since I can get close to the behemoth due to its slow speed, and thanks to the mace or axe I can do something to him!

You can. It's called carrying two 1 handed weapons. :lol:

I would like to see a better description for stuff on the website.

- armors which have heraldic bits
- effects of the weapons with a secondary mod
- better polearm description
- guns that can not be reloaded on horses

and etc.

There is a lot if information missing. Maybe you want to add some mod lore with most game mechanics explained.

Diablos_IX__ said:
I would like to see a better description for stuff on the website.

- armors which have heraldic bits
- effects of the weapons with a secondary mod
- better polearm description
- guns that can not be reloaded on horses

and etc.

There is a lot if information missing. Maybe you want to add some mod lore with most game mechanics explained.

Some informations are lost when we upload the item list on the database, I need to fix that but meanwhile you can see more informations in game using the items list in the mod menu (C).

Regarding misfires;

while it is true that misfires were described as occuring during battles when using firearms this mod has seriously exaggerated the extent of it.

Not a single historical account mentions misfires as even a noticeable effect during battles let alone a factor that has to be appreciated by a commander deploying such troops.

I suggest misfires to be decreased as follows;

Current values;

Power reload; 0=55%, 1=45%, 2=36%, 3=28%, 4=21%, 5=15%, 6=10%, 7=6%, 8=3%, 9=1%, 10 = 0%

Proposed values;

Power reload; 0=20%, 1=15%, 2=10%, 3=7%, 4=6%, 5=5%, 6=4%, 7=3%, 8=2%, 9=1%, 10 = 0%

I don't know how programming works in Mount and Blade, for what you can and cant add. I asked if there are going to be pistols added to the game. Apparently they where removed earlier cause people where "double gunning" why don't you just add the system NW are using to make it so you can't?
As i stated. i don't know how the programming works in MnB and if you are allowed to take that function out of the game.

Painmace said:
I don't know how programming works in Mount and Blade, for what you can and cant add. I asked if there are going to be pistols added to the game. Apparently they where removed earlier cause people where "double gunning" why don't you just add the system NW are using to make it so you can't?
As i stated. i don't know how the programming works in MnB and if you are allowed to take that function out of the game.

Without being gamebreaking it'd be easy to class pistol as 'same slot' as other guns, even if the animation shows it on the waist.

Marius_Marich said:
Regarding misfires;
while it is true that misfires were described as occuring during battles when using firearms this mod has seriously exaggerated the extent of it.
Not a single historical account mentions misfires as even a noticeable effect during battles let alone a factor that has to be appreciated by a commander deploying such troops.
Well arquebusiers on the battlefield did atleast know how to reload their guns properly.
Most misfires were caused due to a failed loading process, and thats what we gona "simulate" with Power Reload.

It prevents people to use a firearm as a "sidearm" with no points in PR(Power Reload).
You have to go for a dedicated arquebusier with a good amount of points in PR, to become usefull and efficient.

Painmace said:
The pistol has been removed cause of its model, which was actually a flintlock one.
Thats the reason, nothing else.

We will re-add some pistols once we've got new models.
Pistols in the early 16th century were some sort of a short arquebus, rather than a puffer(pistol).

_Sebastian_ said:
The pistol has been removed cause of its model, which was actually a flintlock one.
Thats the reason, nothing else.

We will re-add some pistols once we've got new models.
Pistols in the early 16th century were some sort of a short arquebus, rather than a puffer(pistol).

Ok, I just asked people on the server and thats what they told me

Nick_Mac said:
Hats will be as separated pack, a bit busy atm, in next 2-3 days. That promise I have to break.

As we dealed, long cuisses, new pants (w/ texture, not quite good, maybe will do better in future) improved specular/bump for every metal parts (armors, helmets, swords), heavier pauldrons (variant w/ lighter remains as diff. item) for every armor (long cuissed, w/o cuisses).

Some screens:
n16vjm.jpg

awz7dj.jpg

5wnzs.jpg

hu2hao.jpg

33ogu9f.jpg

Links:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=38834190107566059523

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=38834190107566059523&t=3883419010756605952342716

Keep in focus, that I made all this works w/ suits, etc SPECIALY for this mod, so I demand it added.

PS. Special thanks to Jefferson Airplane band for awesome music.
Bump.

My suggestions:

1. Convert combination of "ctrl+j" into just "v" (as in crpg) when mounted. For cavmen this is really important, trust me (2yrs in cav regiment on NW)

2. I BEG YOU SEBASTIAN, CHANGE THAT HILARIOUS "UNION OF MILNIK" NAME INTO AT LEAST "UNION OF RADOM", OR JUST POLAND-LITHUANIA. CURRENTLY IT IS UNHISTORICAL AS ****.
I was one of the winners of the polish history competition and I feel mental pain every time I see that faction name.

3. This is rather impossible suggestion, but an awesome one - create a feudal browser game in which there are located villages, towns and stuff which provide you ingame gold. Combine that with dramatically increasing the cost of the plates, so only the rich bastards who own villages can use those  :cool:
(START THE DISCUSSION PLS)

Back
Top Bottom