Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Also, add an arbalest model. Currently your arbalest is a 13th century crossbow.

There's an actual arbalest model OSP somewhere, I tried looking for it but I could not find it. I know several mods that have it though.

And seriously, you can't claim you are aiming for historical accuracy and realism with all the vanilla items floating around, some of which are early medieval, they just look too out of place with the actual stuff from late middle ages - renaissance.
 

AreJohn

Duke
Perhaps you could ask the Devs of Warhammer Grim Age mod? The Empire troops have some rather fancy uniforms for 1400's era troops.
 

Matim

Sergeant at Arms
YourStepDad said:
Also, add an arbalest model. Currently your arbalest is a 13th century crossbow.

There's an actual arbalest model OSP somewhere, I tried looking for it but I could not find it. I know several mods that have it though.

And seriously, you can't claim you are aiming for historical accuracy and realism with all the vanilla items floating around, some of which are early medieval, they just look too out of place with the actual stuff from late middle ages - renaissance.

Big +1, remove all those medieval armours, weapons and viking stuff (especially that two sided axe). It ruins the renaissance atmosphere
And remeber to add some stuff from the OSPs instead (more firearms please)
 

Roran 13

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBNW
Matim said:
YourStepDad said:
Also, add an arbalest model. Currently your arbalest is a 13th century crossbow.

There's an actual arbalest model OSP somewhere, I tried looking for it but I could not find it. I know several mods that have it though.

And seriously, you can't claim you are aiming for historical accuracy and realism with all the vanilla items floating around, some of which are early medieval, they just look too out of place with the actual stuff from late middle ages - renaissance.

Big +1, remove all those medieval armours, weapons and viking stuff (especially that two sided axe). It ruins the renaissance atmosphere
And remeber to add some stuff from the OSPs instead (more firearms please)

Some of those were still used however by mercenaries of all kinds (think of Scottish and Irish mercenaries) who awaited enemy fire and then charged during the reload, still relying on 'old' equipment. I agree with most of the rest though.
 

Matim

Sergeant at Arms
Another very important suggestion - add "skip the fun" option, so the people who dont want to no-life this mod could still participate in the events
 
Here are pictures of light and heavy arbalests. Also notice the armors and helmets and other goodies. There's a heavenly plethora of them(and they look hella good at that) in the Knights the Last Battle mod. If you could bring those items over I don't think I would ever stop playing to be frank.

890fafe75f4b.jpg
125435248-4.jpg

@Roran

Sure, nobody is saying that there shouldn't be plain looking chainmail and such, and some archaic gear, but cartoony vanilla models really have place in an otherwise wonderful high quality European setting if you ask me. There's simply better alternatives for those everywhere. There are 2 viking chainmails and 2 viking shields, as well as some nasal helmets that really look like they fell out of dark ages rather than late medieval era.
 

AreJohn

Duke
According to this most historically accurate video of Agincourt, the Longbows and arrows lack a considerable "Whoosh"
 
I also must point out that the vast majority of shields are from 13th century or even as early as 10th and 11th century, I mean there are round shields in the mod that are distinctively viking or rather vanilla "nord";

GetItemImage
GetItemImage


Here are all the vanilla shields that do nothing but take away from both the renaissance feel and from the feel of a mod that has nothing to do with vanilla, at least in theory. There is zero appeal in vanilla shields outside of vanilla, and people most certainly don't come to see vanilla items left in, when they don't have to be;
GetItemImage

GetItemImage

GetItemImage

GetItemImage

GetItemImage

GetItemImage

GetItemImage

Pretty much all shields except bucklers and (deployable) pavises should be removed. Want to have round shields? Then model them, don't lazy out please. Yes, tatars, timurids and various islamic kingdoms or kingdoms beyond the Carpathian mountains used shields, possibly and they were mostly cavalry shields, which should be reflected by such breaking quickly, whereas in this mod they do not.

Speaking of cavalry/renaissance shields - I highly recommend that you guys add a jinete shields, moorish style shields the spanish adopted from fighting the moors in reconquista, highly iconic and unique, especially in this era. Easy to model too I'd wager.

Another very iconic item for the renaissance that I would very much like to see in the mod is a doublet, which was popular with the Spanish jinetes, also seen in the pictures below;

JINETEXV.png
jinete.jpg

123%2BArmor%2B1%2B001.jpg








 

AreJohn

Duke
I noticed that Bodkin projectiles do no damage but are piercing instead of cutting, is there going to be a damage value added to them later?
And do cutting projectiles go through cloth better than piercing I presume where piercing goes better through armour?
 
I talked to Unicorn while in a battle. He told me to come and give my suggestions.

I think the devs should add the Irish Rebel faction.

Troops would be gallowglasses (with 2h axe, claymore and short or flatbow), kerns (with voulges or sword and shield with darts/javelins), gallowglass horse-boys, billmen, pikemen, etc. They do have a 2h and 1h irish claymore in Nord Invasion that would be great for gallowglasses.

Seeing Irish rebels fight against the English would be quite awesome in this game.

I also suggest changing the armor the gallowglasses use to the mail shirt (with the blue tunic underneath). If possible, make a seperate mail shirt and turn the blue bit to a gold or yellow color for the gallowglasses. Also, change the helmets on gallowglasses to the onion topped bascinet and/or plain burgonet.
 

diglosgre

Recruit
1.Well another suggestion is to evaluate how to take money from kills/hits i suggest to take every 100 xp(score) which u can take by 2 kills 1 gold not 10 xp 1 gold since every 1 min u take 1000 xp and 10 g i am saying that because everyday i gather3-4 k of gold its just so easy
2. Put lifes at the defenders at sieges its really boring dieing all the time and keep respawning
and 3rd put naval battle i know its to hard to make but if u do that the popularity will increase than any mod before :grin:
i hope i was helpfull
 
I have the brf and dds for 1h irish sword and 2h irish sword for gallowglasses. Who can I give them to?

You can upload the brf and all the dds files from here.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=82057506686061350750&t=8205750668606135075074091

^ Not sure why it says inactive. It's the correct url.
 
The Gallowglass said:
I have the brf and dds for 1h irish sword and 2h irish sword for gallowglasses. Who can I give them to?

Here are images of both swords:
US9UUr4.png
1uxi0Db.png

You can upload the brf and all the dds files from here.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=82057506686061350750&t=8205750668606135075074091

^ Not sure why it says inactive. It's the correct url.
 

AreJohn

Duke
Another idea.
Remove the announcement for when an admin enters the server, it gives the trolls a warning to hide so the admins can't deal with them.
 

Sarnos

Sergeant
mcwiggum said:
Another idea.
Remove the announcement for when an admin enters the server, it gives the trolls a warning to hide so the admins can't deal with them.

Another idea let it remain so everyone knows when admin joins, may threaten people to not troll.
 

_Sebastian_

Punkbuster 2.0
Baron
NWWBVC
mcwiggum said:
Another idea.
Remove the announcement for when an admin enters the server, it gives the trolls a warning to hide so the admins can't deal with them.
Done...
Enjoy your anonymity.
 
Top Bottom