Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

haste

Veteran
Sorry to post here again with an idea of mine.

* But at the start it's rather tough, since you encounter lots of enemies at once before even reaching town (I got captured 3x or so before being able to get in a town and fight my way up in the arena).
So maybe making the bandit parties smaller?
And maybe less merc parties in the beginning?
Once I got my 9 companions all geared/leveled up they're easy though.

* Getting some extra companions, I would love having a party of 20 npc companions, they are way nicer then troops.

* Putting certain armors and weapons in specific towns, I know on small scale it is like this, but maybe make it more indepth, for example.. giving the Nord faction the best swords, giving khergits the best horses, giving Vaegir the best light armors (as they are seen as a sort of cavalery tribe, according to one of the companion npc's).

* Making it possible to conquer a town under your own banner instead of having to join a faction?
This is a longshot but being able to conquer a town and have "villagers" there instead of a factions tribesmen.

Stick your suggestions in here. Not troops or quests, they have their own boards. If we like, they get a poll.

How about giving the Nord horses some riding skill requirement?  Currently they have no requirement, and they're good enough I don't have to put points into riding for my npc companions.

Neptune said:
How about giving the Nord horses some riding skill requirement?  Currently they have no requirement, and they're good enough I don't have to put points into riding for my npc companions.

Well, they're really slow, and I gave them no riding skill requirement so that Jarls and Thanes have no riding skill and can ride them, but without riding, they go really slowly.

Neptune said:

Hah, I made a note about this when I was converting the item files to the module system.  It's easy to add a requirement, but those horses are slooooooooooow.  Like, half the speed or slower of a horse than only needs 1 riding skill.  I didn't think anyone would actually want to use one.

* Enabling the option so your horse can get crippled.
I remember it used to be around, but in this mod it doesn't seem to be?
Because my horses get their asses kicked a few times especially when fighting spearmen and they always show up unharmed at the next battle.

haste said:
* Enabling the option so your horse can get crippled.
I remember it used to be around, but in this mod it doesn't seem to be?
Because my horses get their asses kicked a few times especially when fighting spearmen and they always show up unharmed at the next battle.

If i recall correctly it can take more than several battles for your horse to be crippled, at least in some older versions of native.

It's random but I assure you we didn't touch that aspect.  It seems to happen to me almost every time my horse is taken out, but there's a chance it won't, depending on the type of horse I believe.  I hate ending up with a lame horse.  :cry:

Jinnai said:
It's random but I assure you we didn't touch that aspect.  It seems to happen to me almost every time my horse is taken out, but there's a chance it won't, depending on the type of horse I believe.  I hate ending up with a lame horse.   :cry:

Same here, on the other hand its quite funny when your horse is killed. its like 'your horse fell dead...' -Moment of silence please- in the middle of battle.

Can I get a request for a simple marker or flag on the overview map of where the start location of a battle is? If its a long battle vs mounted troops, I usually run out of arrows and either can't find any on the corpses and the little tiny box is impossible to remember or even spot after a long battle. Or if I happen to find a corpse of a unique troop and want to check the stats of the weapon/gear, I can't find the inventory box to check it  :???: I swear I ran by what i swore was the start location and can't find that box, it must have been camoflague or something. I even ran up and down the side of the map where you start. ~.~

Tismanu said:
Can I get a request for a simple marker or flag on the overview map of where the start location of a battle is? If its a long battle vs mounted troops, I usually run out of arrows and either can't find any on the corpses and the little tiny box is impossible to remember or even spot after a long battle. Or if I happen to find a corpse of a unique troop and want to check the stats of the weapon/gear, I can't find the inventory box to check it  :???: I swear I ran by what i swore was the start location and can't find that box, it must have been camoflague or something. I even ran up and down the side of the map where you start. ~.~
That's already in the game.  Hit backspace while in combat.  It does amazing things including, if I remember correctly, a marker for your inventory chest.  :wink:

K, here is an idea:

IF and only IF you take the "usurper" line of quest to help get the throne back to Lady Suna (probably a different name in mod) or Far-winder, etc....
if you meet the King/ Councilmember etc.. in battle and defeat him (even if the war is not yet done), then you can have his weapon:
Royal Swadian Blade, used by Queen Katilus of Praven

King Ragnar's Axe, used by King Ragnar of Sargoth

Sword of Princes, used by King Yaroglek of Rivacheg

Khan's Supremacy, used by Sanjar, Khan of the Khergits

Ancient Council Blade, used by Councilmaster Graveth of Veluca

It would add an incentive to take out the existing monarch.

Or, suggestion 2 is having the unique weapon given ANYTIME you defeat a monarch...

Cool or what?

ENSAIS

Jinnai said:
Tismanu said:
That's already in the game.  Hit backspace while in combat.  It does amazing things including, if I remember correctly, a marker for your inventory chest.  :wink:

o_O I don't see it lol. I do hit backspace in combat. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough =/

Tismanu said:
o_O I don't see it lol. I do hit backspace in combat. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough =/

You're absolutely right.  It's not there.  I know I've seen an icon on that map before... Maybe it was when I was rushing in to help a Lord?  Dunno.  Well, it's certainly something I'll add to my list to look into.

The Mercenary said:
If you are a Lord, you will get your noble banner above your inventory at the beginning of a battle.

Right, but that doesn't show up on the map.

Tismanu said:

Ok, I've added the code that creates a white dot on the map where your inventory is.  The color might change if white proves too difficult to spot.  But, since it'll probably be off by itself and the only one not moving I suspect it'll work fine.

Changing the armor on praetorians and kataphraktos so they look more like the "elite" they are supposed to be and not look like mercenaries and rhodoks.

I think white, or was it grey, is taken by either unmounted troop or maybe its your allies troop. I forgot which but I remember it was taken. If you can, maybe change it to dark black, or make it some funky color like purple or bright pink lol. I dunno, pick a color that isn't within the usual scale thats used for everything i guess.

Tismanu said:
I think white, or was it grey, is taken by either unmounted troop or maybe its your allies troop. I forgot which but I remember it was taken. If you can, maybe change it to dark black, or make it some funky color like purple or bright pink lol. I dunno, pick a color that isn't within the usual scale thats used for everything i guess.
I could've sworn there was a white or gray dot as well, but it seems they're light blue and light purple and light brown.  Perhaps because they're so small it was hard to tell, but with a pure white one in there it stands out pretty well so it'll be staying white.

Back
Top Bottom