[Suggestion] Performing a kick should cancel readied weapons

Should kicking cancel attacks readied by the kicker?

• Yes, for all weapons

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Yes, for some weapons (specify)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The only exception I would suggest would be overhead swings, as these are the only attacks I can ready with my axe waster at home while kicking and not risk falling over or wrecking one of the joints of my planted leg...

cancel the kickers readied weapon? it does that.

There is kick chambering too. (you kick and miss enemy attacks but attack is blocked by kick)

Halcyon said:
cancel the kickers readied weapon? it does that.

There is kick chambering too. (you kick and miss enemy attacks but attack is blocked by kick)
Kicking doesn't cancel a readied weapon.
Don't mention that awful kick chambering filth! Tis a pox on this land...

ok so you want the kick to cancel the chambered weapon of the kicker, or do you want it to cancel the chambered weapon of the enemy? or both?

If you kick you are sacrificing balance, there is no way you can regain balance and then strike before your opponent can raise his shield, unless you have a small light weapon,
not including scimitar or sickle ( too much pwr)

Basterd sword plus kick/slash = win. 

Kicking is for distance control.....

This whole chambering thing has turned the game into one dirty pile of feint soup.

well, i believe it was intended for both purposes range control, and a punishing hit.

Also, for *most* people it is hard to kick and swing, because there is a period where the swing is canceled

Halcyon said:
well, i believe it was intended for both purposes range control, and a punishing hit.

Also, for *most* people it is hard to kick and swing, because there is a period where the swing is canceled

This. Theres a huge window where your attack IS cancelled, and if you dont hit that sweet spot after the kick (its literally like a .3 second window) the opponent will have his block up every time. They can nerf kicks when they take away feint spamming, in my opinion.

Feinting is blockable, it might be difficult to follow but theres no point where you stand absolutely no chance. A single kick from a nord with a follow up axe blow is an unblockable 1 hit kill. Its also not always possible to simply stay out of range of a kicker, especially if you have a short range weapon.

You shouldnt be able to ready any attacks while kicking, the kick was designed to help with distance control not as an unstoppable instagib weapon.

I believe shield speed factors into this.

I find that if I have a slow shield and they have a fast weapon, they can kick, chamber and hit me before I can block.
When I have a quick shield and/or they have a slow weapon this doesn't happen.

After a kick there should just be a very slight delay before you can attack I think.

I don't get kicked very often as I'm quite good at maintaining distance, but when you're using a short weapon there's some situations where there's simply nothing you can do about it.

No. You don't need to ready an attack first to make a kick-slash combo, just attack right after the kick animation and it will connect. And it's even easier that way. The problem can't be solved as long as the stagger animation stays the way it is now.

Yes, all.

Max.Pain said:
No. You don't need to ready an attack first to make a kick-slash combo, just attack right after the kick animation and it will connect. And it's even easier that way. The problem can't be solved as long as the stagger animation stays the way it is now.

Wrong, wrong, absolutely wrong. Having the attack ready is what allows the kickslash to happen. If you only start the attack immediately after attacking, you'll still have the initiative, but the kicked person will come out of the stagger in time to have a short block window. If you chamber the attack first, then release it immediately after you finish kicking, then you will have a genuinely unblockable attack. This needs to be changed, I think. Of course, shortening stagger time would still be one possible solution, but I strongly feel weapon chambering should also be cancelled out when a kick is started.

Edit: see also this thread.

Yea the kick then chambered slash needs to stop.  Especially unstoppable when combined with a bastard sword.  Its all the swadian infantry really does.  I've been unable to block with a shield before as well.

Kevlar said:
If kicking required any skill at all I might have voted yes.

It seems to me like you've read the question wrong; he's talking about cancelling an attack chambered by the kicker. I think a lot of these "no" votes might be misunderstandings, so I've taken the liberty of editing the poll to be more explicit and enabling revoting. Faranox, do you want me to reset as well?

people dont bother reading the thread, did you guys not see faranox's and my posts going back and forth of what he really meant?

Kicking should only cancel ranged attack.
At the moment it's pretty much the only way to fight the Rhodok sword&boarders. Without using the 1-hit kill axes.

Back
Top Bottom