Strange fps decrease...

Users who are viewing this thread

Nope, I have 8GB of RAM and my other games like Arma 3 run ezpz on maxed out settings so....(Ironic how now I can't play Warband yet I can run BF1 and Arma)

Nope, not an update. 1.172 has always ran well up until a few weeks/months ago. :sad:

A quick note, my original Mount & Blade and With Fire & Sword, both of which I haven't played in a long time, work a lot better than Warband...

Its not a hardware issue, all my other games work fine and Warband has always worked fine up until a few weeks ago....

Im gonna give my CPU and GPU a very thourough clean and see if that helps.

Bubb said:
Mercenary_Frank said:
PIX is a profiler for Directx you can it get by downloading the directX SDK. I have used it to debug my performance when I was building something you can capture drawcalls in one frame for example and see how long each of them take.

I tried this - no dice. PIX only works with x64 applications, and Warband is x86.

No it isn't. PIX is for both x64 and x86. You probably didn't read what I said and downloaded the 64 bit version.

If you want people to actually help you take a recording with PIX and upload it. Nobody here has a magic 8 ball for your solution.

k so, narrowed the problem down further.

If I have vsync on, it stops the constant fps drops.

However, no matter if I have vsync on or off, if the server has more than 100 players on it then I'll be getting ****ty fps whenever looking at the fight. For example on Mount & Siege at the attacker spawn looking into the battle I get 40 fps, but when looking away I get 60 fps. This is on max settings.

The game has never done this before, I should be able to play it normally :sad:((

I'd say it's time to go to a computer store and get your PC checked out by the tech department.

(Also that 100 player lag thing also started happening to me on my old pc. And eventually my hard drive went. So I'm not quite sure.. it could be your hard drive?)

Nah its not my drive, just tried a new one.

And it can't be hardware, everthing else works fine except warband....Although I will be cleaning GPU and CPU and putting on new thermal paste on the weekend and see if that improves anything.

HOWEVER

I have checked my rgl_log and I've found some quite interesting intel.

} //Processing Ini File Finished
Loading Music...
Loading Textures...
Finished Loading Textures...
L8 Format is  supported
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_check_party_sees_party
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_get_party_speed_multiplier
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked
WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested
Loading Module...
Loading item kinds...
Loading dialogs...
Loading mission templates...
Loading party templates...

That looks quite troubling...and what's more, I have noticed a few sounds like slashing of swords and a few screams etc not playing while fighting, which may be linked to this?

It also seems some of the skeleton(s) are flagged as warnings as well? The rgl_log file isn't exactly my level of modding so idk...

Here is my rlg_log https://www.dropbox.com/s/svxpzoeoy5cscrh/rgl_log.txt?dl=0

Mercenary_Frank said:
No it isn't. PIX is for both x64 and x86. You probably didn't read what I said and downloaded the 64 bit version.

If you want people to actually help you take a recording with PIX and upload it. Nobody here has a magic 8 ball for your solution.

Yes, you are right - sorry. I assumed the standalone version Microsoft released recently had the same set of features, and it didn't. Anyways, it doesn't matter now in my case. My motherboard died.. my problems were symptoms of it failing.

Largoras101 said:
I have checked my rgl_log and I've found some quite interesting intel.

That looks quite troubling...and what's more, I have noticed a few sounds like slashing of swords and a few screams etc not playing while fighting, which may be linked to this?

It also seems some of the skeleton(s) are flagged as warnings as well? The rgl_log file isn't exactly my level of modding so idk...

I also don't know much about those error messages - but currently I am on a computer that runs Warband flawlessly, and those errors do exist in the log. I think Warband just ships like that.. for everyone. Maybe someone else can confirm?

I don't think you're going to find a magical solution here all of this is just repetition of the first few pages listen to snazzle and explain your problem there. It must be hardware if you've erased every warband file on your computer and reinstalled it, then it still didn't work.

Sounds like you could be having a CPU throttling issue with Warband. Some things you can try:

1. Check your BIOS for CPU throttling and power settings.

2. Go to Windows Control Panel; find the Power Options>Change plan settings (for the power plan you are using)>Change advanced power settings>Processor power management>Minimum processor state. Set it to 100% and see if that fixes your issue.

Back
Top Bottom