Strange fps decrease...

Users who are viewing this thread

PIX is a profiler for Directx you can it get by downloading the directX SDK. I have used it to debug my performance when I was building something you can capture drawcalls in one frame for example and see how long each of them take.

@Aero

It was about 6 months ago, oddly enough, it was only on Verloren...
I tried to ask for help and I read troubleshootings but nothing seemed to work.
I deleted all MaB folders from my pc and uninstalled on steam, then reinstalled it and it worked.

CiigesDOST said:
@Aero

It was about 6 months ago, oddly enough, it was only on Verloren...
I tried to ask for help and I read troubleshootings but nothing seemed to work.
I deleted all MaB folders from my pc and uninstalled on steam, then reinstalled it and it worked.
Try this Aero.
But for those who have the problem try, when it is happening, to press L then the return button multiple times until it stops. This worked for me when my chat was glitching out on NW.

Aeronwen said:
grimsight said:
I get Aeronwen's bug on Verloren, only Verloren though, and when I look at a specific angle.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1101993936
The guy in comments might have the solution to that bug. I haven't tried it though, it's not a common occurrence on my computer

tbh my lags are usually much shorter, maybe half a second and there is nothing to screenie. For me it happens across maps and across servers (I did wonder if it was teh IG admin mod at one time)

Your pic reminded me that the chat is usually teh only visual indicator of the problem but I haven't yet noticed it in any of my recordings.

(We are not going to call it Aeronwen's bug are we?)
I'm afraid all is lost Aeronwen, you're going to have to throw everything away and buy a new pc, and since you are throwing it away you might as well send it my way. :fruity:

k well, in my (OP) case, the problem isn't microstutter at all. It's the fps dropping every few seconds for no reason at all, making the game unplayable. I'm not gonna melee with below 30 fps every few seconds then 60, then 26 again.

No reason for the game to work like it did a few months/weeks ago....

Mercenary_Frank said:
PIX is a profiler for Directx you can it get by downloading the directX SDK. I have used it to debug my performance when I was building something you can capture drawcalls in one frame for example and see how long each of them take.

I tried this - no dice. PIX only works with x64 applications, and Warband is x86.

I got the same problem the past couple months, went through alot.. I get strange lags sometimes then sometimes its perfect. Now its normally bad I think the problem was/is my HDD !!

Largoras101 said:
Can we not hijack my thread pls??? :sad:

No more ideas for constant fps drops?
Well, the people above may have helped us gather an osmosis that could gravitate to a fix for yourself. Although not yet. If anyone is reading this and have a better technical mind than ourselves please chip in.

OK so, I've narrowed down the problem.
I managed to fix the fps drops by enabling vsync (didnt work before tho?) and setting AA to 8x.

However, this has resulted in **** performance <30 fps in bigger battles. I really shouldn't be getting anything lower than 50 fps on this PC...Any suggestions for that?

Edit : I have noticed that the fps really dwindles whenever I look over at wherever large numbers of soldiers/players are, for example a big infantry melee. It really makes the game unplayable, especially on this powerful a system.

Largoras101 said:
OK so, I've narrowed down the problem.
I managed to fix the fps drops by enabling vsync (didnt work before tho?) and setting AA to 8x.

However, this has resulted in **** performance <30 fps in bigger battles. I really shouldn't be getting anything lower than 50 fps on this PC...Any suggestions for that?

Edit : I have noticed that the fps really dwindles whenever I look over at wherever large numbers of soldiers/players are, for example a big infantry melee. It really makes the game unplayable, especially on this powerful a system.

This suspiciously sounds like ****ed up module files. I made it to my own on purpose few times. It may be pointless but can you post here  all  .txt files from your
Code:
\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Native
folder? In .rar

I really hope it isn't my module files. But...I have noticed that on NW I get constant 60 fps perfectly....(NW is **** tho :razz:)

I'll post all my native files in a bit and see what's up.

Ok so here are the txt files from my native folder. You can go through them and see what's wrong, if anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/72mx1tauy72exht/AADt6dFRdTjMCM_8gFlcrSSta?dl=0

Also, now that I've fixed the general framerate, I'm getting constant stuttering and small fps drops, every few seconds it stutters, from 60 fps to 58 fps, then to 60 again etc. Its extremly annoying.

Largoras101 said:
Ok so here are the txt files from my native folder. You can go through them and see what's wrong, if anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/72mx1tauy72exht/AADt6dFRdTjMCM_8gFlcrSSta?dl=0

Also, now that I've fixed the general framerate, I'm getting constant stuttering and small fps drops, every few seconds it stutters, from 60 fps to 58 fps, then to 60 again etc. Its extremly annoying.

It works fine for me. Module is ok.

Well, its still broken ;/

Whenever I turn vsync off, the general fps is fine but the constant small drops/stutter make it extremly annoying to fight.

And if I have vsync on the fps just kills itself.

k so, I'm on the verge of a final fix for this I  think.

I have vsync and pixel shaders on. I put the game settings to ultra, and it ran absolutely fine. But then I played it again later and the fps on bigger battles keeps dropping every few seconds again, from 60 to 54, from 60 to 49 etc, its unplayable.

Back
Top Bottom