Strange fps decrease...

Users who are viewing this thread

Poddicus

Knight at Arms
k so, I have well over 2,000 hours on Warband, got it since 2011, my favourite game yada yada yada.
However, since a few weeks ago, the game has been running like utter ****. Its unplayable, and I have no clue why. It just runs at <30 fps nonstop no matter what graphics I set it to.
I was always able to play this game maxed out 60 fps nonstop but now idk wtf has happened.

Specs -
GTX 970
i7-4790 4.2 GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 10 (Ive also tried switching to 7, fps still bad)

Any help is appreciated.

Largoras101 said:
k so, I have well over 2,000 hours on Warband, got it since 2011, my favourite game yada yada yada.
However, since a few weeks ago, the game has been running like utter ****. Its unplayable, and I have no clue why. It just runs at <30 fps nonstop no matter what graphics I set it to.
I was always able to play this game maxed out 60 fps nonstop but now idk wtf has happened.

Specs -
GTX 970
i7-4790 4.2 GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 10 (Ive also tried switching to 7, fps still bad)

Any help is appreciated.

before you launch your game go to configure and turn off Force Vertical Sync and make sure your FPS isn't capped at 30. Then just change your FPS to as high as you want it to be

Yeah I've done all that, its that, all the time im getting 60 fps on average, but every few seconds it keeps dropping to the 30s-40s whenever i look at a different direction etc.
Its extremly annoying, I really cannot melee like that. :sad:

*dawns trench coat*

I had this exact same problem. If you recently updated to Windows 10, then the problem may be related to that since a lot of players experience some form of game hampering for a short period/permanent amount of time after upgrading. Regardless, try right clicking on your desktop, opening up NVIDIA control panel, and turn off stereosopic under "3D Sterescopic." If that solution doesn't work, Uninstall GeForce experience and tinker your other nvidia 3D settings. Don't wanna sketch you out, but have you noticed any dropping of fps, general lag, or slow loading times in anything else outside of mab? Because when I experienced this exact problem it was an early onset sign of eventual hard drive failure later down the line.

pro tip: set your fps cap in mab to 300 or 240

I actually got this problem during windows 7, so I upgraded to windows 10 to try and fix it, however it is still here :sad:
3D stereoscopic was already turned off, so that isn't the problem. I don't have GeForce experience and idk what other changes to make in the other nvidia settings :sad:((((
All my other games seem to run just fine, Arma 3 and Battlefield 1 all run fine on ultra with 60 fps so no issues there.
And yes, today actually I tried to format my HDD and it commit suicide all of a sudden so I need to get a new one....very interesting how you brought it up.

Please, if you have any other solutions I'm begging for you to give them.

Getting a new HDD won't help, as the problem was already there before the HDD killed itself sadly and the same fps problem happens on my SSD.
I've already reinstalled drivers tons of times, doesn't help either.

Well, did you just upgrade from windows 7 to 10 or you actually formatted your HDD/SSD? If you formatted it, installed all the necessary drivers and the problem is still there, it will be probably a hardware problem... even tho it doesnt get into my head, why would all games work just fine and Warband would be so problematic.. Did you update your drivers somewhere around the time when the problem occured? If so, nvidia sometimes ****s up those (there are some posts around the internet that Nvidia started to **** up new drivers lately.)

Good Luck.

Nah, I've had windows 10 for some time now, no matter what os I have the fps problem persists.
Updating/reinstalling/rolling back drivers has not fixed the problem at all which is a shame.

Control Panel > Add or remove programs > delete all the **** NVIDIA installs on your computer except the graphics card driver. Worked for me in the past. maybe for you too!! :fruity:

Back
Top Bottom