Stop Raging At Clans For Playing In Groups - They Aren't The Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

MonkeyTazer

Recruit
I honestly get so much **** in game just for simply playing with my friends in my clan. People get so mad at us, like we are the problem, when really it's TW. Nobody plays anymore, if you want clans to not play then good luck ever playing because I'm pretty sure we are 70% of the player base at this point - at least in captain mode.

I can say with 100% confidence that everyone in clans would much rather play against other teams, pub stomping isn't fun but it's all we have at the moment. If we could make a private server we would just play against each other there, if there was a group queue or something like that or an option to just play other pre-made groups then we would do that, but there isn't so we can't. You getting mad at us for playing together doesn't make any sense, I know you get tilted because clans just roll over teams who aren't in a group but asking us to stop playing is just absurdly unreasonable. And we need to play as a group for practice and cohesity, just like in sports you need to play with your team so you know how everyone reacts to certain situations and how to best play with them, so telling us to not play together isn't gonna happen either.

People just flame even when I play by myself just because they see a clan tag and their salt is unmeasurable because clans **** on them all the time. ( FYI clans aren't some exclusive club, if you ask to join they will most likely let you unless you are toxic or known for being toxic, which is why most of what is left that isn't part of a clan already. ) Furthermore, don't start raging and insulting us then have the audacity to call us toxic just because we dish it right back to you.

If there were more than 12-16 people playing at a given time, you wouldn't have to deal with playing with so many clans. But like I said, TW kicked captain mode to the curb and put all their efforts into skirmish, so this is what you get - a tiny, dying, community who somehow still has fun playing an unchanged multiplayer mode since launch. Even so, I hardly ever even see many of the other clans on at all anymore. Soon you won't have to be upset about clans stomping because there won't be anyone left playing captain mode if they don't add content or fix the balancing problem they created last month.

Even though i despise clans and dislike the idea of joining them (been asked on other games, but i really just want to play with good players without adding some little letters next to my name), you make very valid points. Private servers would help what is left of multiplayer, and if multiplayer somehow does comeback, pubs wouldnt have to deal with clans but just teams of friends.

So yeah, agreed heavily

Even though i despise clans and dislike the idea of joining them (been asked on other games, but i really just want to play with good players without adding some little letters next to my name), you make very valid points. Private servers would help what is left of multiplayer, and if multiplayer somehow does comeback, pubs wouldnt have to deal with clans but just teams of friends.

So yeah, agreed heavily

Yeah, I can understand people's distaste for clans and that's fine, but people think we get off to crushing random teams - but we really don't like it either. This is echoed constantly in discord chat with our clan and other clans. We all really want the same thing, clans and pubs, we want to segregate the two so it's more fun/fair for everyone.

TW did put in the clan battle system, but it was too little too late unfortunately. People had started quitting captain mode a little before that came out due to the lack of content/bad balance changes.

... due to the lack of content/bad balance changes.
That right there is the main issue. Anyone complaining about clans crushing pub matches are most likely putting their anger about the game in the wrong spot.

I just dislike joining clans, i dont mind fighting em when i have a team of randos that actually communicate and play together. Makes things interesting.

You say pub stomping is not fun? Why not split up your lobby and play against each other while chilling in discord?

We actually do that a lot, if we have 6 people we will go into 2 groups and play against eachother. Less than that we usually don't, it ends up coming down to who has the randoms that are going to listen and play as a team. But 3 can carry the game through if teammates aren't gonna cooperate.

As many know, it can get pretty frustrating when some people on your team decided to do whatever they want and run off on a suicide mission solo. So I guess it's more fun to play as a stack and pub stomp than it is to actually have to play with most of your teammates being pubs.

Captain mode isn't that bad compared to skirmish, where clans have the advantage of coordination + raw skill with a huge learning curve.

You can always split up and play against each other as the other poster mentioned. If you guys really didn't like pub stomping, then just queue directly. It may be frustrating but its much fairer competition (and fun imo)

One of the EU groups I played Skrimish with would split up and play in two groups and q so it would be 3v3 with 3 pubs on each side, but honestly don't feel bad as clan members stomping pubs cause there isn't enough players for anything to matter.

One of the EU groups I played Skrimish with would split up and play in two groups and q so it would be 3v3 with 3 pubs on each side, but honestly don't feel bad as clan members stomping pubs cause there isn't enough players for anything to matter.
Because all that new players are experiencing is getting stomped by clan stacks

I honestly get so much **** in game just for simply playing with my friends in my clan. People get so mad at us, like we are the problem, when really it's TW. Nobody plays anymore, if you want clans to not play then good luck ever playing because I'm pretty sure we are 70% of the player base at this point - at least in captain mode.

I can say with 100% confidence that everyone in clans would much rather play against other teams, pub stomping isn't fun but it's all we have at the moment. If we could make a private server we would just play against each other there, if there was a group queue or something like that or an option to just play other pre-made groups then we would do that, but there isn't so we can't. You getting mad at us for playing together doesn't make any sense, I know you get tilted because clans just roll over teams who aren't in a group but asking us to stop playing is just absurdly unreasonable. And we need to play as a group for practice and cohesity, just like in sports you need to play with your team so you know how everyone reacts to certain situations and how to best play with them, so telling us to not play together isn't gonna happen either.

People just flame even when I play by myself just because they see a clan tag and their salt is unmeasurable because clans **** on them all the time. ( FYI clans aren't some exclusive club, if you ask to join they will most likely let you unless you are toxic or known for being toxic, which is why most of what is left that isn't part of a clan already. ) Furthermore, don't start raging and insulting us then have the audacity to call us toxic just because we dish it right back to you.

If there were more than 12-16 people playing at a given time, you wouldn't have to deal with playing with so many clans. But like I said, TW kicked captain mode to the curb and put all their efforts into skirmish, so this is what you get - a tiny, dying, community who somehow still has fun playing an unchanged multiplayer mode since launch. Even so, I hardly ever even see many of the other clans on at all anymore. Soon you won't have to be upset about clans stomping because there won't be anyone left playing captain mode if they don't add content or fix the balancing problem they created last month.
Don't give us the "put their efforts all into skirmish" crap, they ****ed over multiplayer as a whole and made a completely **** game with no future. I am in a clan for skirmish and we have people constantly leaving matches against us to the point where we have to solo que or risk never getting into a game, not just your problem princess.

Don't give us the "put their efforts all into skirmish" crap, they ****ed over multiplayer as a whole and made a completely **** game with no future. I am in a clan for skirmish and we have people constantly leaving matches against us to the point where we have to solo que or risk never getting into a game, not just your problem princess.
+1. I built a clan starting in April with the intension of doing the big events like in warband but since there was no custom servers we just did skirmish mode. That was fine for a while until the playerbase just left because there were no custom servers for events and Bannerlord's multiplayer was just repetitive, boring, and the combat was broken. Somehow I was able to grow my clan to around 150 members (and around 300 players on our discord) but I honestly don't even want to host skirmish clan matches anymore. The game is just boring and I have no motivation to play at all until custom servers come.

So for anyone who is worried about clans doing "pub stomps" - don't - if nothing changes with multiplayer in the next month or two we'll all be gone.

+1. I built a clan starting in April with the intension of doing the big events like in warband but since there was no custom servers we just did skirmish mode. That was fine for a while until the playerbase just left because there were no custom servers for events and Bannerlord's multiplayer was just repetitive, boring, and the combat was broken. Somehow I was able to grow my clan to around 150 members (and around 300 players on our discord) but I honestly don't even want to host skirmish clan matches anymore. The game is just boring and I have no motivation to play at all until custom servers come.

So for anyone who is worried about clans doing "pub stomps" - don't - if nothing changes with multiplayer in the next month or two we'll all be gone.
Pretty sad Taleworlds made it literally impossible to have a non-chaotic environment for bigger groups. TDM is total chaos, Siege less but still not really good for any kind of event. I think a place for bigger groups is the most important part of a healthy community for a game like this, of course in combination with custom servers.

someone needs a nap it sounds like - there hasn't been a single bit of content added to captain since launch and skirmish has had balancing made constantly just for them which bleeds into captain and ****s it all up, they've added what? 3 maps to skirmish since launch?

So how the **** does your pea sized brain come the the conclusion that "put their efforts into skirmish" isn't a thing.

Back
Top Bottom