Stop Raging At Clans For Playing In Groups - They Aren't The Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

... there hasn't been a single bit of content added to captain since launch and skirmish has had balancing made constantly just for them which bleeds into captain and ****s it all up, they've added what? 3 maps to skirmish since launch?
This 100%, this is why we need to seperate the patches for both modes. The community wants seperate modes because they dont work together! Same for forums

+1. I built a clan starting in April with the intension of doing the big events like in warband but since there was no custom servers we just did skirmish mode. That was fine for a while until the playerbase just left because there were no custom servers for events and Bannerlord's multiplayer was just repetitive, boring, and the combat was broken. Somehow I was able to grow my clan to around 150 members (and around 300 players on our discord) but I honestly don't even want to host skirmish clan matches anymore. The game is just boring and I have no motivation to play at all until custom servers come.

So for anyone who is worried about clans doing "pub stomps" - don't - if nothing changes with multiplayer in the next month or two we'll all be gone.
I feel this post on several levels and it's sad.

300 people in my clan's discord, and all our activities are on Warband. Around 4 guys play Bannerlord on their own different BL clans, there's just nothing we have to do in bannerlord right now.

Hey marko, could we get a seperate subforum for both skirmish and captain? Just look at this post and you can see its going to get ugly once skirmish players see it, then the captain players are gonna flame back and nothing can be communicated.

The dilemma being? Clans can host their own clan matches between them or other clans with the clan system. Pubs only have one way to play skirmish, and that's going in the god awful queue.

But can't blame clans. TW made a terrible multiplayer.
I agree with your point but I want to say that most clans don't want to do the clan system skirmish stuff, that gamemode was kinda forced upon us as its the closest thing to what we want while still falling well short of expectations. Like Octavius said, he has 150 members atleast, KO the clan im in has 50 members from NW and about 20 players we have picked up from beta and EA who have been waiting for battle and custom servers to launch and nothing has happened, no communication except "its going to be something like battle but something new and different" Like ****ing hello Taleworlds we dont want different WE WANT B-A-T-T-L-E and we are ****ing tired of waiting, 6-7 years of development and over 1 year of community testing and trials and we are no closer, so to people like @MonkeyTazer yes I would love to take a nap im tired but you can go **** yourself if you think that one part of this multiplayer community has been treated worse than the other, we all want our side of multiplayer to prosper but the fact is none of it is

fsuAPu3M.jpg

raw.gif

The dilemma being? Clans can host their own clan matches between them or other clans with the clan system. Pubs only have one way to play skirmish, and that's going in the god awful queue.

But can't blame clans. TW made a terrible multiplayer.

Not enough people actually play in clans anymore to field a full battle. Now it's just scattered clan refugees meeting up in whatever clan discord has the most people on. To play clan matches both sides have to be assigned to their clan, you can't have people from other clans stand in with yours, they have to be a part of the clan playing.

I talked about all of this already. I said they added in clan battles and it was too little too late because not enough people play anymore to do a clan battle.

I agree with your point but I want to say that most clans don't want to do the clan system skirmish stuff, that gamemode was kinda forced upon us as its the closest thing to what we want while still falling well short of expectations. Like Octavius said, he has 150 members atleast, KO the clan im in has 50 members from NW and about 20 players we have picked up from beta and EA who have been waiting for battle and custom servers to launch and nothing has happened, no communication except "its going to be something like battle but something new and different" Like ****ing hello Taleworlds we dont want different WE WANT B-A-T-T-L-E and we are ****ing tired of waiting, 6-7 years of development and over 1 year of community testing and trials and we are no closer, so to people like @MonkeyTazer yes I would love to take a nap im tired but you can go **** yourself if you think that one part of this multiplayer community has been treated worse than the other, we all want our side of multiplayer to prosper but the fact is none of it is

You are so salty for no reason and it's literally making me laugh "go **** yourself" he says hahaha just over talking about a video game, love it.

"one part is being treated worse than the other"... well yeah, do you like facts? I love facts. Here are a couple, Skirmish has had tons of balance patches, captain has had zero, skirmish has had 3-4 maps added since launch, captain has had zero, skirmish just got a little overhaul on some of their maps to make them better, captain has had zero. Oh me, oh my, how could i possibly think captain and skirmish aren't being treated the same.

Now come back and try and be more of a cringey keyboard warrior so i can get some more lulz in today.

Not enough people actually play in clans anymore to field a full battle. Now it's just scattered clan refugees meeting up in whatever clan discord has the most people on. To play clan matches both sides have to be assigned to their clan, you can't have people from other clans stand in with yours, they have to be a part of the clan playing.

I talked about all of this already. I said they added in clan battles and it was too little too late because not enough people play anymore to do a clan battle.

This was one of the problems with the clan system they gave us.

I'm the 'admin' of ours and when they brought it out, it meant I couldn't join a friendly clan to test the system, without having another one of KoV sit out the game 'holding' the clan leadership or the clan would be disbanded because I left.

Stupid system really.

This was one of the problems with the clan system they gave us.

I'm the 'admin' of ours and when they brought it out, it meant I couldn't join a friendly clan to test the system, without having another one of KoV sit out the game 'holding' the clan leadership or the clan would be disbanded because I left.

Stupid system really.
Don't try communicating with Monkey he doesn't care about the whole of multiplayer he just wants Captain to succeed and the rest of multiplayer to die

The more I think about it, the more I'm imagining there isn't much reason why Captains can't co-exist nicely with Skirmish in terms of faction balancing and combat mechanics once it's finished. Skirmish players never asked for crushthrough or sped up shock infantry. It's confirmed now that the developers added that mostly for SP and Captains. Skirmish players were against it, although a few people requested that shock infantry be given weak shields (while others disagreed). People need to get over insulting/downplaying the other mode just to make their own mode seem more important, since that's what's causing the troll comments.

I guess you can be annoyed at Skirmish getting new maps, but if anything, Skirmish players are more interested in fixes to combat than new maps (which would benefit all modes). If Captains is so reliant on new maps, it suggests it also needs improvements to the depth of its system, so it's not as reliant on new maps all the time before it gets tiresome. (People in Warband are happy to play on a small rotation of maps in Battle and never get tired of it, because the depth of strategy and combat is as timelessly appealing as Tetris, and teams are still coming up with new tactics for really old maps.) I'd have thought Captains players would want it to be the same for their mode, because how many times are maps going to be changed before eventually it's basically the same types of control points repeated?

After making changes to the combat, it's then simply a matter of improving the AI to use the changed mechanics effectively. I'm guessing that's what's being done with the archery mechanics. It's a bumpy road, but at least it is improving. If you want to hold back on this kind of progress just to retain the massively disappointing MP population established before the 1.5 patch, then you wouldn't be allowing it to be the best it can be.

It's also really ironic to hear Captains players blaming other modes for a dwindling playerbase when all the focus on Captains in the first place is responsible for the widely hated class system and non-existence of Battle mode, and hence the poor playerbase, despite all the hype and potential surrounding its launch. Although, I'm guessing SP and its affect on combat is what's really bringing down MP (but you can't deny it's far more popular, as opposed to the marginal difference between Captains and Skirmish).

You can say Captains is unique, maybe it is, but it's not the only unique/interesting mode. Captains is in Warband, and if you're suggesting BL's is different, Skirmish is most definitely completely new (calling it a cheap Mordhau is like calling Captains a cheap strategy game), and Siege is different with the multiple flags. Battle could have been different too if it included triple threat or something (as an option); that would have been really interesting.

What really needs to be split up is Captain and Skirmish from the other modes, so they don't have to put up with the class system. It could give a big boost to the scene whenever custom servers become a thing. Also, if Battle mode got included, and was split from Captain/Skirmish, I think a lot more people would be happy for Skirmish to take a backseat to Captains anyway.

The more I think about it, the more I'm imagining there isn't much reason why Captains can't co-exist nicely with Skirmish in terms of faction balancing and combat mechanics once it's finished. Skirmish players never asked for crushthrough or sped up shock infantry. It's confirmed now that the developers added that mostly for SP and Captains. Skirmish players were against it, although a few people requested that shock infantry be given weak shields (while others disagreed). People need to get over insulting/downplaying the other mode just to make their own mode seem more important, since that's what's causing the troll comments.

I guess you can be annoyed at Skirmish getting new maps, but if anything, Skirmish players are more interested in fixes to combat than new maps (which would benefit all modes). If Captains is so reliant on new maps, it suggests it also needs improvements to the depth of its system, so it's not as reliant on new maps all the time before it gets tiresome. (People in Warband are happy to play on a small rotation of maps in Battle and never get tired of it, because the depth of strategy and combat is as timelessly appealing as Tetris, and teams are still coming up with new tactics for really old maps.) I'd have thought Captains players would want it to be the same for their mode, because how many times are maps going to be changed before eventually it's basically the same types of control points repeated?

After making changes to the combat, it's then simply a matter of improving the AI to use the changed mechanics effectively. I'm guessing that's what's being done with the archery mechanics. It's a bumpy road, but at least it is improving. If you want to hold back on this kind of progress just to retain the massively disappointing MP population established before the 1.5 patch, then you wouldn't be allowing it to be the best it can be.

It's also really ironic to hear Captains players blaming other modes for a dwindling playerbase when all the focus on Captains in the first place is responsible for the widely hated class system and non-existence of Battle mode, and hence the poor playerbase, despite all the hype and potential surrounding its launch. Although, I'm guessing SP and its affect on combat is what's really bringing down MP (but you can't deny it's far more popular, as opposed to the marginal difference between Captains and Skirmish).

You can say Captains is unique, maybe it is, but it's not the only unique/interesting mode. Captains is in Warband, and if you're suggesting BL's is different, Skirmish is most definitely completely new (calling it a cheap Mordhau is like calling Captains a cheap strategy game), and Siege is different with the multiple flags. Battle could have been different too if it included triple threat or something (as an option); that would have been really interesting.

What really needs to be split up is Captain and Skirmish from the other modes, so they don't have to put up with the class system. It could give a big boost to the scene whenever custom servers become a thing. Also, if Battle mode got included, and was split from Captain/Skirmish, I think a lot more people would be happy for Skirmish to take a backseat to Captains anyway.
Taleworlds won't give up on the lame class system. Their only response is to just stick with it, despite a majority disliking it for several gamemodes.

You're talking about captain, right? I know this may seem rude, but I don't really think captain mode will have a future in the clan scene regardless of Bannerlord's general MP population, even if TW decide to give it more care. Seems it's by design not attractive to people who seek a competitve experience. This development seems natural.

Agree with the general sentiment in the thread. Totally fine for people who want to play together to do so (can hardly force solo play), but the nature of MnB is that coordinated groups are extremely dominant even with mildly different skill levels. This is something the devs should have addressed very early as it was clear in beta and, indeed, in Warband's own very small matchmaking.

As others say, one part of the solution is private servers. Competitive people want places to train, pub stomping is not training and not fun for either. (well it's kind of fun to stomp but only for a bit) A slightly larger server of 20-30 people playing a competitive mode like Battle is always popular with that kind of crew, and also the more casual large groups would love it for their events.

A shame that this hasn't been the focus. Hopefully it's on the way.

Skirmish players never asked for crushthrough or sped up shock infantry. It's confirmed now that the developers added that mostly for SP and Captains.
I have a hard time understanding why. The meta for Captains was shock inf with 1-2 shield units to lead them in. The buffed them even more, and now shields are near useless, and bows can't do **** because of
1. They can't aim for **** due to changes to combat parameters, and no change to AI and
2. The shock troops are so damn fast they don't have enough time to whittle then down on these small maps.
So archers are now useless, shields are now almost useless, cav got nerfed as well and the AI was always dumb and best of all, skirmishers never worked in captain to begin with.

I agree that it's probably wiser to get things together in skirmish first, since it's the more basic mode and one the straight up pvp has been balanced and worked out, balancing captain shouldn't affect skirmish balance too much.

What I find silly is captain mode players throwing so much **** on skirmish players and skirmish players throwing so much **** on captain players, while neither really know how the other one works and what the underlying problems in each mode are. It's not really worth getting up on each other's throats for. Just agree that everything's **** atm, and try to be patient with the game. If you can't, leave, and come back at a later date.

. Skirmish players never asked for crushthrough or sped up shock infantry. It's confirmed now that the developers added that mostly for SP and Captains.

Shock troops have always been the strongest units in captains mode. They did not need a buff, and no one in Captains Mode asked for them, we in fact told the Devs specifically that this buff would be detrimental to the mode. I would like to know where you are getting this information from Jon, a dev quote or something similar would be useful, because this is patently false.

I have a hard time understanding why. The meta for Captains was shock inf with 1-2 shield units to lead them in. The buffed them even more, and now shields are near useless, and bows can't do **** because of
1. They can't aim for **** due to changes to combat parameters, and no change to AI and
2. The shock troops are so damn fast they don't have enough time to whittle then down on these small maps.
So archers are now useless, shields are now almost useless, cav got nerfed as well and the AI was always dumb and best of all, skirmishers never worked in captain to begin with.

I agree that it's probably wiser to get things together in skirmish first, since it's the more basic mode and one the straight up pvp has been balanced and worked out, balancing captain shouldn't affect skirmish balance too much.

What I find silly is captain mode players throwing so much **** on skirmish players and skirmish players throwing so much **** on captain players, while neither really know how the other one works and what the underlying problems in each mode are. It's not really worth getting up on each other's throats for. Just agree that everything's **** atm, and try to be patient with the game. If you can't, leave, and come back at a later date.
I agree with some of your post, though I do want to clarify that the most recent combat update turned the game into a spam fest for pvp and crushthroughs are pissing people off, especially good players because it can be the difference between a clutch and you putting up a correct block but because of "realism" it goes through and kills you anyways.

Back
Top Bottom