started new game after 7 months

Users who are viewing this thread

they STILL didn't fix lords escaping? Should I come back in 7 years? Did the developers have to go back to college and learn how to program from scratch or something?

they STILL didn't fix lords escaping? Should I come back in 7 years? Did the developers have to go back to college and learn how to program from scratch or something?
Bro, I just came back after 4 months, the game is still so bad man, Multiplayer is unplayable, I press find game and the game freezes and I have to keep doing alt f4 because until it works, these dudes have no idea on what they're doing, and when I can load a game not only it's still a slugfest, I also have 200 ping because those cheap bastards won't give us a server lmao. I went back to warband, opened the game in 10 seconds, found a server instantly and played with 80 ping. Lmao.

It's deliberate.

The devs added a few perks to make it less likely, but they always intended lords to escape eventually, otherwise the snowballing would be instanteous.

Who gives a fk about snowballing (when it comes to player !). Is better to spend some time and conquer the entire map and see some victory cutscene (finish the game)
than to play cat and mouse with stupid AI lords and never finish the game cause i get bored and old.

Who gives a fk about snowballing (when it comes to player !).

It applies primarily to the AI. Players already have a reduced chance for lords to escape from their parties/settlements. There is still some chance of escape though, otherwise every campaign would end in like six or seven years.

Who gives a fk about snowballing (when it comes to player !). Is better to spend some time and conquer the entire map and see some victory cutscene (finish the game)
than to play cat and mouse with stupid AI lords and never finish the game cause i get bored and old.
Here is a tip: uninstall the game and move on. You accidentally bought Mount & Blade instead of CoD.

It's deliberate.

The devs added a few perks to make it less likely, but they always intended lords to escape eventually, otherwise the snowballing would be instanteous.

So far I've been unable to sell a single lord and I've tried at the earliest opportunity, I've even had them escape at the very isntant I try to sell them, which is weird. This was one of the main things wrong with the game as it makes war and battles broken.

Here is a tip: uninstall the game and move on. You accidentally bought Mount & Blade instead of CoD.

No. This is a problem, and if this is causing people to not enjoy the game, that is not their fault, it's the game. We've waited a reasonable amount of time for a balanced sandbox by now that doesn't need to be deliberately broken so it doesn't snowball.

No. This is a problem, and if this is causing people to not enjoy the game, that is not their fault, it's the game.

No. If people buy the wrong game it's very much their fault. The goal of the game is not to capture the entire world map in 20 hours and see a victory cut scene. If you want to capture the whole world quickly you can try it, but the game doesn't need to be designed around that goal.

I am not saying that prisoner escape chance is fine as it is, maybe it needs to be changed. We can have a discussion about this and I am eager to hear good arguments for it. "I want to finish the game in 20 hours" is not a good argument.

So far I've been unable to sell a single lord and I've tried at the earliest opportunity, I've even had them escape at the very isntant I try to sell them, which is weird. This was one of the main things wrong with the game as it makes war and battles broken.

No. This is a problem, and if this is causing people to not enjoy the game, that is not their fault, it's the game. We've waited a reasonable amount of time for a balanced sandbox by now that doesn't need to be deliberately broken so it doesn't snowball.
you realise this is early access right? There will be balancing problems, devs are not blind they will fix it if it is a game breaking issue.

When you sell a lord, it says, "So and so has escaped from your party." Time doesn't pass while your party is in the town menu.

Last edited:
Bro, I just came back after 4 months, the game is still so bad man, Multiplayer is unplayable, I press find game and the game freezes and I have to keep doing alt f4 because until it works, these dudes have no idea on what they're doing, and when I can load a game not only it's still a slugfest, I also have 200 ping because those cheap bastards won't give us a server lmao. I went back to warband, opened the game in 10 seconds, found a server instantly and played with 80 ping. Lmao.
Not going to lie... but this sounds a lot like problems with your own setup & location. I've never had the multiplayer find-game screen crash... ever. Sieges; sure - crash all the f**king time! Haha - but the lobby? Never as far as I can recall.

Regarding 200 ping; well that's servers for you. But if there isn't the population in your area I'm sorry they aren't going to host an official server there - they are very expensive to upkeep and maintain.

Warband has custom servers; that is why you can find one with better ping - when Bannerlord has those then this issue will be resolved. I sure would like them to hurry up with that but I can understand why they are hesitant until the game is in a better state.

Saying they 'don't know what they are doing' is kind of ridiculous though - they aren't going to host an empty server just for you. I'm sorry but that's life.

I do get your pain though - it would be rubbish to feel side lined like that but TW are a business at the end of the day. And they obviously determined a server in your area wasn't feasible. That sucks... but it can't be the only game you have this issue in?

Check your prisoner limits - Lords are the first to escape if you at near or over your prisoner limit. If I want to keep hold of captured lords I ditch all the foot troops that aren't worth holding onto. In 1.5.6 I have sold many many lords so there is something else going on for you.

Last edited:

That sounds a bit strange. On what version do you play? I'm on 1.5.5 and I would prefer a smaller escape chance than now in the game, but I don't face such "immediate escape" problems you seem to have. Sometimes I have 2 to 4 lords as prisoners at the same time, and that's mostly as mercenary without a settlement to place them.

That sounds a bit strange. On what version do you play? I'm on 1.5.5 and I would prefer a smaller escape chance than now in the game, but I don't face such "immediate escape" problems you seem to have. Sometimes I have 2 to 4 lords as prisoners at the same time, and that's mostly as mercenary without a settlement to place them.
I feel like what is happening - is he is going over his prisoner limit after a battle; in which case prisoners escape very quickly and lords are often the first to run off.

I've certainly had times where I've risked going over my limit by a lot and the nobles I caught buggered off almost instantly.

Not going to lie... but this sounds a lot like problems with your own setup & location. I've never had the multiplayer find-game screen crash... ever. Sieges; sure - crash all the f**king time! Haha - but the lobby? Never as far as I can recall.

Regarding 200 ping; well that's servers for you. But if there isn't the population in your area I'm sorry they aren't going to host an official server there - they are very expensive to upkeep and maintain.

Warband has custom servers; that is why you can find one with better ping - when Bannerlord has those then this issue will be resolved. I sure would like them to hurry up with that but I can understand why they are hesitant until the game is in a better state.

Saying they 'don't know what they are doing' is kind of ridiculous though - they aren't going to host an empty server just for you. I'm sorry but that's life.

I do get your pain though - it would be rubbish to feel side lined like that but TW are a business at the end of the day. And they obviously determined a server in your area wasn't feasible. That sucks... but it can't be the only game you have this issue in?

Check your prisoner limits - Lords are the first to escape if you at near or over your prisoner limit. If I want to keep hold of captured lords I ditch all the foot troops that aren't worth holding onto. In 1.5.6 I have sold many many lords so there is something else going on for you.
Bruh I live in latin america, there are plenty of people that own this game and don't play it because of the lack of servers. Besides if a dude here can maintain a goddamn server with money out of of his pocket so just dudes can play warband why a company that earns money out of us can maintain an official server in their new game? It's hilarious man, I really don't get how can you defend these practices. You clearly don't understand the frustration so don't come at me like you do, if you have to pay 60$ for a game you can't play you would truly be angry too and you wouldnt go talking in favor of the company that is to cheap to maintain a damn server. And my setup is more than alright dude, it's not my problem the game goes so bad, I've downloaded it more than once too, and if you need any proof my setup is alright well rn I'm playing RDR2 in highest setting with no problem, maybe the problem I'm having is server side that further proves my point of this company being a piece of cheap crap that doesnt supports it's players

suonds weird. I can travel a decent distance and keep like 6/8 lords to sell.. (they seem to escape very quickly early somehow, but I never lose all!)

Bruh I live in latin america, there are plenty of people that own this game and don't play it because of the lack of servers. Besides if a dude here can maintain a goddamn server with money out of of his pocket so just dudes can play warband why a company that earns money out of us can maintain an official server in their new game? It's hilarious man, I really don't get how can you defend these practices. You clearly don't understand the frustration so don't come at me like you do, if you have to pay 60$ for a game you can't play you would truly be angry too and you wouldnt go talking in favor of the company that is to cheap to maintain a damn server. And my setup is more than alright dude, it's not my problem the game goes so bad, I've downloaded it more than once too, and if you need any proof my setup is alright well rn I'm playing RDR2 in highest setting with no problem, maybe the problem I'm having is server side that further proves my point of this company being a piece of cheap crap that doesnt supports it's players

Much of this game is singleplayer... 95% of it. You can definitely play it. I know in-fact that you do because you post suggestions about it all the time. So don't pretend you can't "play the game..."

As I said - they don't think it's viable to have a server in your area. That's it...? This can't be the first game you have had this issue; especially with smaller games. I'm sorry... but that's it. There's no discussion to be had about it; you can ask for a latin-american servers but otherwise best wait for custom servers.

Also as many have pointed out - the lobby error you are having is very rare...So whether it's a fault on your system, or with your connection or your files are corrupt - I don't know.... I don't know what else to say so I'm not going to continue here... There's nothing to speak about.

Last edited:
Much of this game is singleplayer... 95% of it. You can definitely play it. I know in-fact that you do because you post suggestions about it all the time. So don't pretend you can't "play the game..."

As I said - they don't think it's viable to have a server in your area. That's it...? This can't be the first game you have had this issue; especially with smaller games. I'm sorry... but that's it. There's no discussion to be had about it; you can ask for a latin-american servers but otherwise best wait for custom servers.

Also as many have pointed out - the lobby error you are having is very rare...So whether it's a fault on your system, or with your connection or your files are corrupt - I don't know.... I don't know what else to say so I'm not going to continue here... There's nothing to speak about.
Then you defend TW not even answering a single thread about the lack of servers in SA, or not even giving an actual explanation on why they're not here? They don't think it's not viable? Then don't sell me the ****ing game! What the hell are you even defending here lmao. This isn't a small game, it's a 60$ game, how is that **** small? Imagine if you pay a ****load of money for a meal but they only bring you the fries because you're from another country, -snip- besides SA is populated as ****, I can go into Mordhau right now and I will find every server full or almost full, but no, TW is too cheap or too useless to give us a server. And "singleplayer is 95% of the game" that is just your opinion and you know it lmao, I've been playing Warband multiplayer for 5 years, I've always played multiplayer, and all they can sell me is a terrible almost unplayable game with 200 ping at 60$ then I'm being scammed. If you want to avoid that because you have the privilege to enjoy this game then go ahead and go annoy someone else with your fanboy arguments
And I can give suggestions without playing the game, and the fact I spend more time making suggestions means I spend money just so I can find problems and solutions for a company for free lmao. EA is a scam

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you defend TW not even answering a single thread about the lack of servers in SA, or not even giving an actual explanation on why they're not here? They don't think it's not viable? Then don't sell me the ****ing game! What the hell are you even defending here lmao. This isn't a small game, it's a 60$ game, how is that **** small? Imagine if you pay a ****load of money for a meal but they only bring you the fries because you're from another country, -snip- , besides SA is populated as ****, I can go into Mordhau right now and I will find every server full or almost full, but no, TW is too cheap or too useless to give us a server. And "singleplayer is 95% of the game" that is just your opinion and you know it lmao, I've been playing Warband multiplayer for 5 years, I've always played multiplayer, and all they can sell me is a terrible almost unplayable game with 200 ping at 60$ then I'm being scammed. If you want to avoid that because you have the privilege to enjoy this game then go ahead and go annoy someone else with your fanboy arguments
And I can give suggestions without playing the game, and the fact I spend more time making suggestions means I spend money just so I can find problems and solutions for a company for free lmao. EA is a scam

I have 10 thoughts on this.

1) You knew what EA was when you bought it.
2) As an EA game you are not purchasing a finished product. This was made very clear upon purchasing.
3) Steam will offer you a refund in most cases if you wish it. Regardless of time played.
4) Even if steam doesn't you can ask the devs on here; for a genuine reason such as missing servers they may assist you.
5) Regardless you have clearly played and enjoyed many hours of single player - the largest chunk of the game.
6) The bugs you are getting - no one else is; as such it is very possible they are on your end.
7) TW will answer threads and have done many times. Originally they did plan SA servers but the numbers weren't there to support them.
8 ) If you make a good clear case for SA servers you may achieve your goal.
9) Regardless of the above custom servers will come soon
10) You're angry because you are passionate about the game - I get that. But shouting and screaming at me will achieve nothing... I have given you nothing but my honesty. You don't like what you hear and don't agree with it so you try and insult me. I forgive you.

I'm done arguing on forums...

Back
Top Bottom