Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

There is an rgl error when I see what the weapons merchant has for sale. It says unable to load Wookie long gun and it crashes the game.

STAR WAR CONQUEST TRAILER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPf3aKVRI_Y

CC-4361 Lux said:
At least he's suggested as a claimant, so I passed the idea to the external. It's better than a whole faction.

Making it as claimant is more complicated and lmay lack some features. From my point of view making it a faction would be much more neat and tidy. Not just more simple for the game code, but clearer for the player.

data662 said:
There is an rgl error when I see what the weapons merchant has for sale. It says unable to load Wookie long gun and it crashes the game.

oops!  for now just do the following to fix this.  Anybody who downloaded 0.8.7 will need to make this change.

1) open your item_kinds1.txt in notepad
2) delete the "_inventory" for the itm_kashyyyk_long_gun

itm_kashyyyk_long_gun Kashyyyk_Long_Gun Kashyyyk_Long_Gun 2  kashyyyk_long_gun 0  kashyyyk_long_gun_inventory ............

danny291 said:
Revan are you a moder of this mod??
Revan's on the team, I'll update the first page after the next official release.  He doesn't work on models, but has done some textures, video's, and a ton of suggestions and beta testing, that have helped this mod become a lot more polished.  However, a lot of what we might want to add, may be difficult, primarily due to time constraints (ie. my free time to code).  So unfortunately. this mod will most likely be taking small steps for a while, unless we get a few more people to help out with coding, etc.

data662 said:
It would be cool to have more kinds of ships at the shipyard.

I'm slowly working through improving the previous map models i did and creating a range of new ones for a future release.
Corellian Gunship:

Imperial Star Destroyer (Remake):

I've done several other new ships but i will post those up at a later date, since I'm still tweaking them.

Hey guys, great mod been playing it alot. I've got some suggestions which you may or may not have heard already.

- Make the B-1 battle droids cheaper but weaker, in the movies they were more or less cannon fodder (Or bantha fodder, hah).
- Make the Hutt Cartel randomly declare war on one of the other factions at the start of the game and make them weaker (I took tatooine off them once to find a gigantic army come and rape me).
- More factions down the line, to give something for the Hutts to do.
- Give the pirate spawns more then just humans.
- Make the Jawas passive, give them some droids and other junk to sell.
- Do something about ranged troops running in like idiots, i know someone already said this a few posts back but it deserves another mention.
- Give the extra fief upgrades to large planets as well if you prefer owning one of those and want to train jedi and such.
- Bring in the CIS droid army so we can conquer the galaxy in style :cool:.

Theres probably a bunch of stuff I've missed as i mostly think of these things while playing but yeah keep up the good work.

Oh and i found a game crashing bug in the 0.8.7 beta, when you talk to the illegal weapons merchant it crashes and says something about cant find rpg_inventory.

azrael23 said:
Hey guys, great mod been playing it alot. I've got some suggestions which you may or may not have heard already.

- Make the B-1 battle droids cheaper but weaker, in the movies they were more or less cannon fodder (Or bantha fodder, hah).
- Make the Hutt Cartel randomly declare war on one of the other factions at the start of the game and make them weaker (I took tatooine off them once to find a gigantic army come and rape me).
- More factions down the line, to give something for the Hutts to do.
- Give the pirate spawns more then just humans.
- Make the Jawas passive, give them some droids and other junk to sell.
- Do something about ranged troops running in like idiots, i know someone already said this a few posts back but it deserves another mention.
- Give the extra fief upgrades to large planets as well if you prefer owning one of those and want to train jedi and such.
- Bring in the CIS droid army so we can conquer the galaxy in style :cool:.

Theres probably a bunch of stuff I've missed as i mostly think of these things while playing but yeah keep up the good work.

Oh and i found a game crashing bug in the 0.8.7 beta, when you talk to the illegal weapons merchant it crashes and says something about cant find rpg_inventory.

Except for 'Give the pirate spawns more then just humans.' all being worked.

Hey Revan, i noticed in the trailer that the characters were shotting fast like a smi=automatic gun. However, when i shoot like that .8.2 and .8.6 if i shoot like that it goes uber inaccurate, is that changed in .8.7 or is that when you have like 500 proficiency with that weapon?

Not exclusive, but open beta,
http://www.sendspace.com/file/msjtjm

Here is the thread
http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1959.msg46789.html#msg46789
Remember to fix the items.txt file, the fix is in that thread

FYI - I just updated the MBX post, because there is a bug with 2 items in 0.8.7 beta, which will cause a crash in the weapon merchants.  For now do the following to fix this:

1) open your item_kinds1.txt in notepad
2) delete the "_inventory" for the itm_kashyyyk_long_gun and itm_rocket_launcher

itm_kashyyyk_long_gun Kashyyyk_Long_Gun Kashyyyk_Long_Gun 2  kashyyyk_long_gun 0  kashyyyk_long_gun_inventory ............

itm_rocket_launcher RDP-12_Rocket_Launcher_(in_development) RDP-12_Rocket_Launcher_(in_development) 2  rpg 0  rpg_inventory .........

Back
Top Bottom