Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Vector Dalon said:
BeastMaster said:
Geroj said:
BeastMaster said:
I reinstalled m&b and sw calradia and my pc freezed again,when i talked to bartender from one of the hutt's planets,it freezed when i clicked on:"I guess i should leave now".Anyone knows whats the problem?i dont have any other mods installed,i have m&b v.1011,i know how to install mods...

hmmm... maybe is something missing...
Your whole pc freez or only game? If only game try to get to win by ctrl+alt+tab, sometimes if i add something and its texture or mesh is missing it freez, you can hear "ping" sound
My pc freezes,not only the game,and then i must restart the pc,cause none of the commands like ctrl+alt+tab,ctrl+alt+delete,alt+tab works...

Does your PC match the requirements to run the game?
Post up your diagnostics.

I have :
amd 4x phenom 2.2ghz quad core
radeon 4650 hd 1gb
4gb ram
win xp sp3

BeastMaster said:
I have :
radeon 4650 hd 1gb
4gb ram
win xp sp3
Well I'm playing with a quite old laptop and I have 100 guys in battle and it never freezes. So I think it's not in the hardware, so the problem is obviously in software. Have you tried to reinstall the whole game? Or tried to scan your computer for viruses?

Chabel said:
Why are the Hut so powerful anyway? For being a fat weak slug race, they sure have a lot of planet's.
You forget that
[list type=decimal]
[*]while they are slugs they are not weak (just movement impaired)
[*]if you can pay enough goons to do the physical work you don't have to be strong, fast or whatever.
[/list]

Great mod, but I'm having a glitch that I've seen no mention of.  I've had no problems up until yesterday, when I noticed one or more people in the Cantinas that have invisible torsos...just head, hands and feet.  The bodies become apparent at certain angles, but disappear when I approach the character.  Granted, I'm pretty new to M&B and your mod, but things have been running w/o a hitch up until now.  Any thoughts?

Oh, and second unrelated issue:  Is there a way to configure the custom quick battle so I can start with an equipped Speeder bike?  I really enjoy the Speeders to speeder combat the most, and can't seem to find an option that allows me to start with one.  Thanks.

Berpol said:
You forget that
[list type=decimal]
[*]if you can pay enough goons to do the physical work you don't have to be strong, fast or whatever.
[/list]

Right.
I forgot about the mercenaries and the random thug's.

Boiled Ice said:
When I'm the marshall of a faction and I ask lords to follow me they do, but they do it too well.  They never join in on my battles, they never help me siege a castle and they never help me defend in sieges either.  They just follow, all they're good for is scaring enemy lords away.  This didn't happen in native so wondering what's going on.  Also, if a Lord is patrolling around somewhere, he doesn't seem to attack enemies flying by.  He just ignores them.  This wasn't a big issue, I could usually successfully take a castle with my own party.  But recently Darth Vadar and about 6 other Lords have laid siege to my planet.  I have 5 Rebel lords following me but when I attack an Empire party, they don't join the fight.  I remember in native they wouldn't join the fight if they got scared and ran off, but this isn't happening in this case, they don't run off they just don't join the fight.  I thought maybe they'd join a siege if I let the Empire war party complete their ladders and attack the walls but no.  It's just my 100 man party against 700 enemy because my Rebel lords won't help.  They just sit outside the planet waiting for me to move.

Also, when I'm defending a castle.  My shots just go straight through the enemy characters.  I remember this happening in native though so I'm guessing it's a problem you can't fix.

One more thing.  Lightsabres (not too sure about vibro weapons) seem to just bounce off the person I'm attacking half the time and cause 0 damage.  At first I thought this was just because I had low proficiency at the start of the game.  But now i'm 300+ in 2 and 1 hand weapons.  A lightsabe, which has over 100 attack points and my 300+ proficiency should be able to slice through cloth armour of a imperiel cadets.  But it just bounces off.  This makes it very hard when up againt multiple Sith when 50% of my attacks are doing nothing and all of their attacks are potentially deadly.

Thanks.

Oh and I love the rocket launcher.  I thought to make the guns work without loading them after every shot was pretty cool.  But then I saw the rocket launcher and how it worked and it's just amazing.

Maybe they don't like you. If the lords don't like you they won't join battles with you, even in native.

HokieBT said:
hatimkh said:
If you rebel and take a fief for yourself you won't be able to recruit people from those villages anymore. I'm suprised no one else has posted this big and obvious bug!  :shock:

has anybody else seem this issue happen, or gone rebel and been able to recruit successfully?  I would think this would have been mentioned before if it was common?

yeah iv had that crop up as well
the no recruiting one

Berpol said:
Chabel said:
Why are the Hut so powerful anyway? For being a fat weak slug race, they sure have a lot of planet's.
You forget that
[list type=decimal]
[/list]

Hutt's actually special armor that they used during some war that, among many other things, allowed them to move faster than humans.  :smile:

Kookus said:
Berpol said:
Chabel said:
You forget that
[list type=decimal]
[/list]

Hutt's actually special armor that they used during some war that, among many other things, allowed them to move faster than humans.  :smile:

Doesn't everyone in the star wars universe have special armor?

Lister of Smeg said:
HokieBT said:
hatimkh said:
If you rebel and take a fief for yourself you won't be able to recruit people from those villages anymore. I'm suprised no one else has posted this big and obvious bug!  :shock:
has anybody else seem this issue happen, or gone rebel and been able to recruit successfully?  I would think this would have been mentioned before if it was common?
the no recruiting one

ok, thanks for the confirmation.  The only change I have made to this is the following in give_center_to_faction_aux in module_scripts.py:

Code:
      #SW - captured villages now produce troops of new faction, script courtesy of HardCode
      # HC - Change center culture
      (faction_get_slot, ":faction_culture", ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture),
      (party_set_slot, ":center_no", slot_center_culture, ":faction_culture"),
      # End HC

Now, the reason why I did this is because in 0.960 captured villages would still produce troops of the original faction and this was a workaround offered by HardCode.  So this should set the culture of the village to whatever faction captured it.    So two questions:

1) does the bug still exist in 1.010 Native where captured villages produce troops of the original faction or should I remove this code?
2) I haven't played much M&B since 0.903, so is it possible to capture a village when you are not part of a faction?  I could see how this could also mess it up, since recruits are only defined for the 3 main factions.

HokieBT said:
Lister of Smeg said:
HokieBT said:
hatimkh said:
the no recruiting one

ok, thanks for the confirmation.  The only change I have made to this is the following in give_center_to_faction_aux in module_scripts.py:

Code:
      #SW - captured villages now produce troops of new faction, script courtesy of HardCode
      # End HC

Now, the reason why I did this is because in 0.960 captured villages would still produce troops of the original faction and this was a workaround offered by HardCode.  So this should set the culture of the village to whatever faction captured it.    So two questions:

1) does the bug still exist in 1.010 Native where captured villages produce troops of the original faction or should I remove this code?
2) I haven't played much M&B since 0.903, so is it possible to capture a village when you are not part of a faction?  I could see how this could also mess it up, since recruits are only defined for the 3 main factions.

1) I'm not sure this is a bug, but the village cultures always remain the same(hence they produce troops of the original faction)

2) It's possible to capture towns and castles(and since both are accompanied by villages...) without being part of any faction.

Is there a way to make rocket launchers work to their full effect in sieges and when saving villages from bandits?  At the moment they're just a slow inaccurate pop gun.

HokieBT said:
Lister of Smeg said:
HokieBT said:
hatimkh said:
the no recruiting one

Code:
      # End HC

Oh, dear. I noticed that in the code previously, but I forgot to fix it. Remove that code in that script and change the code in script "update_volunteer_troops_in_village" (original line commented out), courtesy of TheMageLord:

Code:
# HC - Change the village so that it offers troops of the current faction.
#(party_get_slot, ":center_culture", ":center_no", slot_center_culture),
(store_faction_of_party,":center_culture",":center_no"),

wowitsme said:
BeastMaster said:
I have :
radeon 4650 hd 1gb
4gb ram
win xp sp3
Well I'm playing with a quite old laptop and I have 100 guys in battle and it never freezes. So I think it's not in the hardware, so the problem is obviously in software. Have you tried to reinstall the whole game? Or tried to scan your computer for viruses?
Reinstalled game and mod still the same problem,scanned my pc with nod 32 fully updated,no viruses...

BeastMaster said:
wowitsme said:
BeastMaster said:
I have :
radeon 4650 hd 1gb
4gb ram
win xp sp3
Reinstalled game and mod still the same problem,scanned my pc with nod 32 fully updated,no viruses...
There might be other options but I can't figure out other than clearing your whole hard drive. And it might be that even that won't help. You should ask from other forums too, there might be some proffesionals.

HardCode said:
Oh, dear. I noticed that in the code previously, but I forgot to fix it. Remove that code in that script and change the code in script "update_volunteer_troops_in_village" (original line commented out), courtesy of TheMageLord:

Code:
# HC - Change the village so that it offers troops of the current faction.
#(party_get_slot, ":center_culture", ":center_no", slot_center_culture),
(store_faction_of_party,":center_culture",":center_no"),

thanks, I switched the code.

Back
Top Bottom