Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Geroj said:
Yes stormtrooper is done now

and here is something i made only for fun

The stormtrooper models look great.
Was thinking though, could you add the different colour pauldrons to the Stormtroopers armour?
This way we could advance more on the Stormtroopers ranks giving the imperials a more dynamic army;

Sandtroopers.jpg

Stormtrooper Officer with a orange pauldron.

Notice the black rim above the eyes on stromtrooper helmets in that picture. A quick recolor to the textures and the new helmets look fine. Apart from that, good work.

only have a few minutes since my weekends are always busy, so I'll try to post some quick comments/questions....

+ stormtrooper armor looks great!
+ its easy to change the stormtrooper upgrade path so I'm open to suggestions.  Dark trooper is a robot so that probably doesn't make sense, I haven't heard of a novatrooper before but their armor does look cool.  But I do like Vector's suggestion of adding those white/orange shoulder pads, and then the upgrade could just be to a stormtrooper officer?
+ that AT-ST is cool, is it a scene prop or rigged as armor?  There is actually an AT-AT from the old star wars mod (I think its still in sw_objects.brf) but I wasn't sure what to do with it so it has not been included yet....
+ a few days ago I switched the tusken troops to be "tusken warrior (melee only, no guns) upgrades to a tusken raider (melee + gun)" should we expand that further?  Or should tusken raider be the bottom tree?  Geroj suggested "tusken raider -> tusken marauder -> tusken warrior" ?
+ What should I do with the "manhunter" party from native?  I was thinking about switching them to use trandoshan and rodian troops instead since those races are often bounty hunters, etc?
+ that is all I have for now, progress is looking great, keep the comments and suggestions coming!

hi everyone just though i would pop on to ill to work. anway nice stormie armour but the helmet look square. also have you though about having imperial army troopers as a lower imperial teir unit??

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Army_trooper

I add ATST as helmet to one of my companions :grin:, it was in old SW objects
Firstly i thing it was only fun but now i realy thing to create something like it

Geroj said:
Firstly i thing it was only fun but now i realy thing to create something like it

Haha now I see the headless guy in the background. But it should be able to work like that. I guess it can't attack since its a helmet, but it would be sweet to rig something up.

Spawn Of Achilles said:
Geroj said:

Haha now I see the headless guy in the background. But it should be able to work like that. I guess it can't attack since its a helmet, but it would be sweet to rig something up.

Problem is not to rig it, but skeletons are only for human and horse,  it can be rigged to some body, but it will fire like standart soldier(from weapon in hands) anyway i thing if it fire larger projectiles than common weapons it will look good, move is another problem and move sound too

Well could you possibly make the arms that it shoots from invisible? Like Ealabor did with the elephant riders in Hegemony? Then it wouldn't look like a robotic T-Rex trying to shoot. I'm not a modder by any means, but I'm just speaking from others' experience  :roll:

hokiebts you can keep your dark troopers as a unit but call them shadowtroopers, wore the same armour but were human.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_stormtrooper

i may i suggest you have there armour the colour grey liek in star wars force unleashed then the colour black.

or you could have these guys.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_shock_trooper

I have tried putting the AT-AT and AT-ST in the game before, but there are some limitations with it....  I could make a new 'race' in module_skins.py so the yell/die/grunt/etc noises were different.  We could then make an invisible troop and use this model as their helmet or armor.  The main problem is they look somewhat weird when they move across the ground....  Either we make them glide across the ground, or they bob up-and-down as people are walking, etc.  It MIGHT be possible to rig them somehow so they actually raised their legs as you walked?  But troops walk/run so fast in the game it might look weird...  The animation for attacking, and how smart the AI attacks, is somewhat difficult as well.  The R2-Series droids we are planning on putting in the game I gave the troop the horse AI, so they just move around the game bumping into each other, which seems appropriate for a droid.  We could do something similar with the AT-AT and AT-ST, but I think getting them to 'walk' or have a good attack animation might prove more difficult....

I think the new Stormtrooper armor is quite good, but since it is widely used in the game, it could be more detailed. Sorry, but I don't like it very much as it is now. Just a bit more working and its fine. And please, make better charter creation.

wowitsme said:
I think the new Stormtrooper armor is quite good, but since it is widely used in the game, it could be more detailed. Sorry, but I don't like it very much as it is now. Just a bit more working and its fine. And please, make better charter creation.

I agree, with this part...

wowitsme said:
And please, make better charter creation.

With the change of "charter" to character. It would be awesome to get a little more fine-tuning when creating you character  :grin:

wowitsme said:

Create better if you want

And to anyone: listen we are not lucas arts so dont expect too much from us(especialy me) i am not skilled moddeler, before this i created only few models
I worked on stormtrooper as hard as i can(maybe i add pauldros later -it will looks far more better) and if you dont like it dont use it, you can still change in brf editor native stormtrooper
And better -create better one, for myself i don like that armor model too but because of rigging is still very problematic for me i created low detailed model(easy to rig)

Back
Top Bottom