Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

lilyeti said:
I'm sorry, but no one resonded to me asking to help, just give me a task and see how I do with it, then we'll go somewhere from there.

sorry, I haven't had a chance to really read or reply to this forum recently, so was just reviewing it now.  We can definitely use some help, I'll send you a PM.

In terms of some of the other questions/comments, I only have time for a quick reply so here goes...  :smile:

Geroj & Vector - great job on all the new models, I was expecting the next release to be a minor update, but it is now looking like there will be a lot of changes.  :smile:

Munx - that is a new sith hood and the texture is just another one on the human face, so it available to the player

As Pode mentioned, we can't get our own subforum here due to potential copyright issues, but we could get one at another site.  I'm going to contact Winter and see if I can request one at MBX, since that would be a little easier to organize everything.

Also, in general I'm trying to keep this somewhat close to the star wars movies (episode 4-6 range) but still have it fun from a gameplay perspective.  It wouldn't be fun to have only 1-2 jedi/sith in the game so thats why there are a larger number of them.  The last release tried to decrease the total quantity of jedi/sith and I would consider further decreasing them in the future if people thing it would be better. You can also download my Troop Editor and edit the party templates yourself and switch it to whatever you like.  :wink:  I'm also not sure about adding something like the Battledroids, since this is obviously from Episode 1-3 range and doesn't really fit. I would like to add something like an IG-88 assassin droid or a C-3PO type of protocol droid, since those would fit.  The Darth Maul face texture technically doesn't belong either but I don't see it as a huge problem if I use it on the top tier sith troops, especially if I can create a few different variations of sith face textures. Anyway, we appreciate all the comments and support, hopefully if I can get a sub-forum at MBX it might be a little easier to organize and discuss all this stuff.  If that happens I would still leave this thread open to post updates, etc.

is anybody good with sound effects and wants to volunteer some time.  :wink:  Since I'm creating new races for the aliens, this means we can define separate sounds for each alien.  So we can have the tusken yell, jawa talk, robot noises, etc.  For each new race, we could create 6 separate sounds (some could be the same noise), here's an example of the ones for the human male.

(voice_die,"snd_man_die")
(voice_hit,"snd_man_hit")
(voice_grunt,"snd_man_grunt")
(voice_grunt_long,"snd_man_grunt_long")
(voice_yell,"snd_man_yell")
(voice_victory,"snd_man_victory")

The noises we probably need the most are:  wookiees, jawa, tusken, R2D2, and maybe some generic noises for troops like the gamorrean, trandoshan, etc.  Anyway, if anybody wants to help it would be appreciated.  :smile:

Yeah it would be nice to get some get audio effects for the different species along with replacing the M&B music.
Also i have started work on some new models, mainly for the flight sim/ Map overview, but due to the M&B engine not liking high detailed models too much i've tryed to keep them simplistic as possible;
ScreenShot044-1.png

Should be alright, though i can easily improve it with more detail if need be.

that looks awesome, nice work!    I can give lower tier rebel troops that as a map icon, and eventually I do want to expand the flight simulation to allow you to pick different ships or dogflight the enemy, etc.  Changing the code for the flight sim is a bit of a pain tho, so that might have to wait till a later release.  :wink:

-IYI-O-R-T- sent two more face textures for a Weequay race!  I still need to work on the body a little bit and add some hair, but this will be great for all the hutt skiff guards.  :smile:

I also used the darth maul face texture on the top tier sith troops

HokieBT said:
-IYI-O-R-T- sent two more face textures for a Weequay race!  I still need to work on the body a little bit and add some hair, but this will be great for all the hutt skiff guards.  :smile:

I also used the darth maul face texture on the top tier sith troops

They looks great! I must say that next realease will be much more than i thing before

now something from me -unique mandalorian crusader armor (maybe some grandpa, mandalorian wars veteran, forgot it in his chest for 4000 years  :lol:)

Geroj said:
They looks great! I must say that next realease will be much more than i thing before
now something from me -unique mandalorian crusader armor (maybe some grandpa, mandalorian wars veteran, forgot it in his chest for 4000 years  :lol:)

yeah, next release should be very cool.  We probably wouldn't want to give that armor to any troops, but we have a few options...

1) put it in the "bonus chests" with all the other 'unique' items (han solo's armor, darth vader's helmet, etc)
2) I was thinking about adding the "give_special_loot" script from Ban of Warriors, so you actually have a low chance to get a "unique" item after a battle.  I'm not sure how difficult this would be to add, but I think it would be pretty cool.

Munx said:
the face texture looks awesome, but I gotta be honest, the body texture is horrible :smile:
I agree with that, my texturing skills are pretty bad.  :wink:  I'll work on it a little, but doubt I can improve it much, but luckily it will be mostly covered up by armor.  It can act as a placeholder for now and we can always try and improve it in the future, but that may be a lower priority since the main thing is to finish the coding and modeling for the alien races.  We also want to add specific sounds for each race, and Hank sent me a bunch of new sounds which was a big help.

HokieBT said:
Geroj said:

yeah, next release should be very cool.  We probably wouldn't want to give that armor to any troops, but we have a few options...

1) put it in the "bonus chests" with all the other 'unique' items (han solo's armor, darth vader's helmet, etc)
2) I was thinking about adding the "give_special_loot" script from Ban of Warriors, so you actually have a low chance to get a "unique" item after a battle.  I'm not sure how difficult this would be to add, but I think it would be pretty cool.

I vote for 2)
and if weapons and armors cost more(maybe 2-3x) it will be greater (more difficulty) coz now  armor\weapons are very VERY cheap
I mannaged to get 20 000 denars for 3 hours of playing and i can buy everything

I read from the first page that you will need mandalorian armor so I made the helmet. Still needs little bit of work.

If you like it I can send it to you.

youhou said:
I read from the first page that you will need mandalorian armor so I made the helmet. Still needs little bit of work.
If you like it I can send it to you.

that looks very good, unfortunately my first post is a little outdated (I'll update it now), since Geroj made new mandalorian armor a few posts back...  But maybe we can think of an alternative use for this?  Let me know if people have any suggestions.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,40510.msg1436066.html#msg1436066

youhou said:
Ok. I have now almost finished my hammerhead model. Hope you don't already have it :smile:

nope, don't have one of those, very cool!  :smile:    Geroj has created a Tusken & Trandoshan recently, so don't work on either of those.

Okay. I have thought of making this. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/Ulic/gg_bodyguard.jpg and do you have some specific type of race that you would like to be modelled in the mod? Now I'm bit stuck on my own mod so I have some free time to do models.

Back
Top Bottom