Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I have a little question that may sound stupid. I wanted to know if there was a skill linked to the damages of blasters (pistols and/or rifles). I mean, does one of the "fighting skills" (power strike, power throw, power draw) affect damages done by those ranged weapon? Maybe the proficiencies?

I've searched around and made several tests, and i didn't notice any real change. Proficiencies make you aim faster, but do no seem to work on damages. Nor do the skills.

So? Did i miss something? Or will blasters do the same damage regardless of your levels in skills/proficiencies (like crossbows, in fact) ?

My rifle skill is over 400, and I do notice that I can far more one-hit-kills, and also kills while running towards the enemies...

I think proficiencies just reflect effecient ability to shoot, rather than the base damage of the guns.

yeah, I think its part of native functionality that crossbow/firearm proficiencies just affect speed/accuracy, but not damage, which makes sense.  If you are stronger then you can potentially swing a sword, throw a rock, or draw a bow better/harder and do more damage.  But with a crossbow or gun, some extra strength or skill isn't going to change how fast the bullet travels or how much damage it does, that is all controlled by the stats on the gun itself.  The only thing that controls damage is where you hit the enemy, so if you want to do more damage, you need to aim better and increasing your proficiencies should help.

hey, playing 0.8.6 beta and loving it, been playing for quite some time now. just b/w tatooine and kamino on my way to geonosis and equipped a imp gunner helmet on a companion. when i left the companion menu instead of seeing the map i still saw the companion screen but the map menu was visible. i hit esc and the game closed. booted up and loaded a save right before it and it crashes after about 3 seconds.

dunno if it's a bug that can be easily squashed or something. :smile:

Playing 0.8.6 too, and it is a total blast...It actually re-ignited my interest in Star Wars to a great degree. :smile:
Things have been going well, but I noticed that sometimes my troops will start using 1/2 hand weapons to attack allies at the start of a mission.
Sometimes allies also attack my men. Emperor Palpatine beat the hell out of one of my Ace Pilots! It's pretty odd...But I guess scuffles do break out!

PS
HokieBT, could you be kind enough to post up whatever code is needed to fix the upside down speeder bikes? (Only if it does not require a new game.)

It would be much appreciated, sir!

so it turns out i's not after a few seconds, it's just if i move my ship past a certain point it crashes, wierd. ah well i'll save my serious playthroughs for the nonbetas, right now i'm amassing a huge imperial army in another save.  :twisted:

op0k0l1ps said:
How do you use force powers? I don't feel like looking though ALL the post's so can some one just quickly tell me?

Some use buttons like J for force jump but mostly you just put them in your weapon slots to use.

HokieBT , could you please fix some arenas. Like the one of geonosis you could base that arena from the movie 2 just one round with 3 poles in the center??

Amazing triple post. Anyway.

I've been using today's morning to create a new armour. The complete suit is for the rebel armored trooper. Ingame I think it should replace the rebel veteran fleet trooper's clothes.
Why? Reasons:
-Rebels didn't had as many armours as the imperials did. But when they did they had better ones (except if you compare them with the dark trooper suit).
-Up to now rebels in SWC had no real armour. Now they do. Plus, a new option for the character.
-In terms of gameplay its useful, as there was no real way of distiguishing the rebel fleet trooper from the veteran rebel fleet trooper.

swcrebeltrooper.jpg

Reference used: Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (rendered art).

Impressive, most impressive. It should carry the "Revan Shan approved" banner. At first, I thought it wasn't Mount&Blade (I need a new PC soon TT_TT)

Did you get bug messages BEFORE the save? I've got a game saved right before a MASS of "invalid party" bug messages. I can play indefinitely past that point, but as soon as I save, the game crashes (as does the saved game) in the way you describe.

Now, I don't know why SAVING the game would cause it to crash--presumably it's only reading from the current process...

TheHT said:
hey, playing 0.8.6 beta and loving it, been playing for quite some time now. just b/w tatooine and kamino on my way to geonosis and equipped a imp gunner helmet on a companion. when i left the companion menu instead of seeing the map i still saw the companion screen but the map menu was visible. i hit esc and the game closed. booted up and loaded a save right before it and it crashes after about 3 seconds.

dunno if it's a bug that can be easily squashed or something. :smile:

Demascus said:
Where can i get the 0.8.6 version? i only have 0.8.2. and will saves be transferable?

You can get 0.8.6 from here (it was actually about 2 pages back, but oh well), I'm not sure if saves are transferable, I started a new game right off. It's still a fantastic mod.

One thing, for changing lightsaber capabilities, maybe have the dialog box for choosing what you want out of for example lightsaber, throwing lightsaber, lightsaber shield and reverse grip lightsaber.

Is there any way to merge the Unique Landscapes mod with this one correctly? The battles look amazing with the landscapes being improved, but it messes up the cantina and the world map.

Back
Top Bottom