Star Wars: Battlefront II EA

Users who are viewing this thread

Hallelujah. I am still playing old SWBF2 these days and this looks gold. Let's hope EA won't rape customers this time. :sad:

Editto: Jackfrags' SWBF2-EA multiplayer experience:

one thing that bothered me from the e3 gameplay they showed up, was that there were heroes from different eras, in a prequel battle, that bothers me alot.

Wow, the guy voicing the clones sounds a lot like the guy who voiced them in The Clone Wars TV series.

Also, proton torpedoes are homing missiles, once again. **** my life. :facepalm:

Also:
http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-the-first-official-battlefront-2-gameplay-demo/

"All post-launch heroes, maps, weapons, and vehicles will be free for everyone who owns Star Wars Battlefront 2," said presenter Janina Gavankar, who plays the protagonist Iden Versio.

In old BF2, rocket launchers easily kill heroes tho. I found this an improved game as loyal to the original BF2.

After watching BF2-EA's Maul parts check this. It still can be played multiplayer with Gameranger, just sayin.

EA wanted to show the multiple eras and cross-era heroes featured but it was nonetheless quite jarring for the world premiere of multiplayer gameplay on the Assault gamemode. Rather would prefer if the cross-era heroes were first spotlighted in a hero team deathmatch mode. I'd like to see how Yoda and Darth Maul would fight each other in that. It just leaves more questions right now. Like if Rey and Han Solo can be on Theed Palace map, can other cross-era heroes be selected on the same map? Can same-era heroes be selected too? Or is it fixed to only two particular heroes? I believe Rey would be one of the first heroes completed in time for this reveal as to why she was showcased, but I would of really liked to see Qui Gon if he would be in the game at all. That and was wishful thinking to see the Naboo security guards and droidekas. Or singleplayer gameplay, but the livestream was exactly what the teaser described, multiplayer gameplay. The pre-alpha is pre-alpha state with the combat sounds (not the shooting sounds) which I hope will change. I immediately recognized the same when-hit sounds and death sounds from the first game. So far, I was only slightly disappointed on that sound front. The voice acting for Darth Maul, Rey, the clones and droids all seemed on point. While watching I noticed players had all sorts of different weapons, the droids using apparent clone weapons or otherwise. Like a shotgun. Unsure how to contemplate that at the moment.

It seems in lieu of paid-for DLC, the game will have a live service that may include cosmetics and similar being acquired by a crate system or possibly micro-transactions, while new heroes, maps, weapons, etc will be free for all players apparently, post launch. I would presume the different looks, outfits of soldiers and all would fall under this live service category and not be free and easily acquired DLC. For example, the clones officer being a Republic officer with cap and uniform and not a clone officer with armor could be cosmetic unlocked. Or it would be nice variety at least. However more realistically in expectations is normal customization first. Like different colored shoulder pads for clones, secondary body colors for droids and similar.

Post-launch free content sounds great and all and the gameplay looks nice graphically, but I will wait for additional information leading up to release.

Wulfburk said:
no phase 2 clone armor?
What do you mean? Phase II clone armor is definitely there in the gameplay unless I'm mistaken. Wonder if Phase I clone armor is in the game too. The full trailer showed Phase I clones armor on Kamino but that was brief to show the evolution of clone trooper to stormtrooper. Looks like there are AI bots fighting in the field as well. Explains the lack of cover and players' mindset.

Looks like some weapons will be available across multiple eras, too. Unless the devs just haven't finished enough Clone Wars-era weapons to give every class more than one gun yet, so they used stuff from other eras as placeholders...

Wait, really? Wow. Okay, props for that. Having him voice the clones again is one of those things that'll really help immersion (for me, at least), but that I wouldn't expect developers to actually do.

Well, I don't know DICE all that well, and I've learned to have a cynical view towards most all developers. 'Keep your expectations low, so you won't be as disappointed', and so on.

Back
Top Bottom