Star Wars: Battlefront II EA

Users who are viewing this thread

K-64 said:
You know what other Battlefront 2 has space battles? That's right, the one that's actually good. But go ahead and spend £55 on EAFront's abortion because they need your money.

Well, they could make it.. better in BF2EA?

Sea Dogs 2 has Naval Warfare, that doesn't mean that its up to par with Naval Action.

It's EA. They won't make it better. It'll be more of the same ****e that'll need a day 1 patch to even be playable, and once it is, it'll just be the same dull drudgery as the last 5 Battlefield games.

I like DICE. BFBC2 was a huge hit. After that they made things even better and BF3 became more hit than ever. BF4 wasn't huge but it was a pierce one. 20k+ players on PC still playing it which is about 35k+ for BF1. I personally don't consider Hardline as a Battlefield game. Battlefield 1 was using SWBEA's engine and totally different from other Battlefield games. But they made same mistakes with others so even it's good it is behind BF4.

I believe DICE will improve things for new SWBF2. It will be fun to play. But don't think they are going to make a revolutionary game. The most important problem is EA and their ****hole politics.

I had no money for BF1, SWBEA nor any other modern games. Yet I have no money for building a new rig. So I will just keep playing Insurgency at 640x480. ¯\_ツ_/¯

All in all it seems very promising, but being careful is in my opinion important. As EA is known with their past... Season pass. This time it's confirmed that there is none which is great. Space battles and all eras do look nice. But not a pre order from me. I first want to see that EA has learned their lessons.

"We removed the season pass to not have an uprising community". Didn't say it like that but in a way. They removed the Season pass because they didn't want the community to riot. Could have done it earlier then with the first one. But yeah. I'm hoping it will be a good game with a lot of customization possibilities. Also hoping for some offline instant action kind of mode. Space Battles finally make a comeback which is great. Star Wars without Space Battles isn't Star Wars. I'm happy other companies help to work on the game so they can share their ideas.

I really hope this turns out to be a great game. Always been a huge Star Wars fan.

I merely meant that the game does look promising while it will offer all eras and more, just being careful because it is still EA. Not to pre order on release but just wait to see what the game really is like. To see if EA has kept their words. So I really don't understand why this would be funny. :razz:

True. But that is why I mentioned about being careful and see what the game is like rather than already buying it. I'm not supporting EA or anything. But maybe it is the game we were looking for. Maybe they actually listened to the community.

We can only just hope.  :ohdear:

MithrellaS said:
I merely meant that the game does look promising while it will offer all eras and more, just being careful because it is still EA. Not to pre order on release but just wait to see what the game really is like. To see if EA has kept their words. So I really don't understand why this would be funny. :razz:
What the ****?

So if EA does something it's "not to pre order on release (sic!)" but when it's Warner with their incredibly stellar track record then
MithrellaS said:
Happy I already pre ordered it.

Thank you for posting this video. Hadn't got the time to see it. :smile:

And that's somehow not funny? You must hail from a strange alien place, friend...

The only game I've ever preordered was Battlefield 3, and I don't regret doing that. Then TotalBiscuit told me that preordering is evil, so I've never done it since. And that seems to be a good principle to uphold. Game won't run away, just buy it when you've got concrete proof that it's okay and that you'll like it. Independent of who's releasing it, that is...

Wellenbrecher said:
MithrellaS said:
What the ****?

So if EA does something it's "not to pre order on release (sic!)" but when it's Warner with their incredibly stellar track record then
MithrellaS said:
Happy I already pre ordered it.

Thank you for posting this video. Hadn't got the time to see it. :smile:

And that's somehow not funny? You must hail from a strange alien place, friend...
If you are talking about my pre order from shadow of war. I enjoyed shadow of mordor and I trust them to make sow good. As for battlefront I know it was EA I bought Battlefront a month after release. First tried it out at a friends house.

It's my money why do you even care. Since the moment I come posting on this forum you are everywhere to bash something towards me.

Well the problem is, the money policy of you and those like you adversely affected the state of the market today. I think that's what Wellen is trying to point out.

Marko's got it, the industry is utter dog**** now due to people who pre-order any garbage that IGN tells me them to.

MithrellaS said:
If you are talking about my pre order from shadow of war. I enjoyed shadow of mordor and I trust them to make sow good. As for battlefront I know it was EA I bought Battlefront a month after release. First tried it out at a friends house.

It's my money why do you even care. Since the moment I come posting on this forum you are everywhere to bash something towards me.
Well, actually you said in the other thread that you did not particularly like SoM. I came across that again as I was looking for the quote above, but that's beside the point.  :lol:

Yes, there's the market argument Marko mentioned. The pre-order ****e is a blight.

But it's more petty than that to be honest. I am amused to no end by your blatant flip flopping.
On the one hand you shill oh so hard. You literally shill your gullible little heart out and even try to make quaint little non-sequitur arguments as to why something is a good game based entirely based on a cinematic trailer that doesn't actually show a single fraction of a second of the game in question. Keep in mind that it's published by a company with a track record of buying favourable reviews, incentivising the breaking of various laws while doing so and also publishing utterly and objectively broken products multiple times.

Aaaaaand then you want to fight the good fight here and talk about not pre-ordering things because EA have a horrible track record with pushing ****e games unto the slavering unwashed masses for a quick buck.

Do you need a further hint why this is hilarious?
But please, continue spinning the story of the hater frothing at his mouth because you like something he didn't. :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom