Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Users who are viewing this thread

Section 2 is now claimed  :grin:

I'm trying to get motivated on this, your support will get me working on it again.

Heh... I revived a dying thread... Aren't I nice?

To show I'm not slacking, here's a pic of what I've got so far:

doubleaxeky1.jpg

I kind of like the current Double Axe, it's got a nice look to it, so I'm basing my current one off of it. It's currently at 360 verts, that's untesselated, so tesselated, it should be approximately (thus far) 660 ('cause there's already 60 triangles in it).

Hopefully the head won't be too many more verts.

So your using a 30 sided cylinder. It looks really good but I don't think it needs to be that detailed. Although they aren't very common so it could be okay. Just my opinion.

Blender.

Yeah... considering I've personally never seen a double-headed axe in any of my games. And I've played a lot.

I could take out one hundred verts or so, because there's a little too much detail where it won't be seen.

@Caravan: But the original double-headed axe doesn't even use a 6-sided cylinder... I think it's at least 10-12.

The axe-head is being a little wierd, though... I tried a curve and it just exploded... I tried good 'ol by-hand modelling, but that went a little wierd when I tried to make the edges, and I tried cube-modelling, but I ended up with an inside-out axe... sheesh...

I'm going to try a simpler cube-modelling method (model the top using y-axis mirroring, then duplicate and rotate to make the bottom).

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Blender crashed... just as I finished the model. Damnit.

Sorry, all, I'm going to have to lie down for a while... I've got a bout of 'flu, and I really can't strain myself any more than I already have. I'll try again tomorrow, when I'm (hopefully) feeling a little better.

Oh... must have been the triangles that threw me off.

But, remembering that this is about giving more detail to the standard M&B weapons... Can I at least have a 15-sided cylinder? or 12, maybe?

Makrond said:
Oh... must have been the triangles that threw me off.

But, remembering that this is about giving more detail to the standard M&B weapons... Can I at least have a 15-sided cylinder? or 12, maybe?

I think anywhere between 8 to 16 is ideal, for what your doing the higher end works fine.

arbites_augmented said:
yo, I have no Idea how to texture or model, but I'll try downloading wings 3d and give it a go, before asking to claim something.
Is that ok?

Of course you can do that, you don't really need permission  :wink: If you get it and think you can manage to handle modeling and texturing a section, then post a screenshot or render or something and we'll talk.

Back
Top Bottom