- Best answers
I confirm all of the above and want to add why it should be here, my offer is unique, you will not find anything like this on the forum.
I've been taking a break due to my mental health and Brazil's current stressful situation and only have visited to read and respond to anything commented to me or on my threads, but I will take a look read it soon, as you requested me directly ^^@GG Cannon, This is not my thread, but it was brought to my attention. I feel it should be added to the curated list.
- Thread title: My formation suggestions: Improved troop control system by @ZavodilaSauklus
- Category: Battles and Sieges
- Why should it be featured in this thread: Gives more troop control on the battlefield enabling more complex tactics.
- Brief summary (maximum 100 words): Add 4 subgroups to each troop type that can be controlled either in unison or separately. Also add commands to switch to different weapon types by command if available (equipped by the the unit).
- Does it meet Top Activity criteria? No, because it is buried deep in the suggestion sub-forums, and hardly anyone looks past the main suggestions page. This is why I am suggesting it here even though it is not my thread.
I was wondering the same thing just now. Has a single one of these been implemented even partially or considered for future implementation? Because otherwise we are all kind of wasting our time here.I have a question, do developers read these suggestions and if they do will they do something with them? Is there a point of doing suggestions?
I have a question, do developers read these suggestions and if they do will they do something with them? Is there a point of doing suggestions?
They read, here are 2 examples based on my suggestions :I was wondering the same thing just now. Has a single one of these been implemented even partially or considered for future implementation? Because otherwise we are all kind of wasting our time here.
1) We thought about adding a family tree, both in clan screen and the encyclopedia, but in the end, because the player can choose their family members as heirs and start playing as them, the system got too complicated and it got scrapped(using a tree for lord relations but we used it in the unit page because in that context, it's simpler)
2) A hero who is a governor and a merchant(high trade skill I'm assuming) and a vassal and in a settlement would have 4 icons. Personally that's Too many imo and we don't really have that much real estate in other places we show a lord's name(settlement overlay etc.)
3) This relates to other game design elements and it's not just a UI change. Requires changes in the game design and balance(since other AI parties can do the same) Your UI suggestion looks good but it's more related to the game design. I'll relay this idea to the design team.
4-5-8 ) These are doable and I'll bring it up internally.
6) Because of technical reasons, this is not an easy change to implement but I understand your frustration.
7-9) Things like these(typing right away when an input area comes up, being able to use Enter to close query popups etc.) are planned but I don't have an eta.
10) Players can already zoom out the camera both in settings and in game(numpad + and -) keys. I'm guessing you meant you want it to go further.*cough* CombatCameraDistance in BannerlordConfig *cough*
Thank you for your suggestions and taking the time and effort to compile these
this is from an early access blogalong with additional ways to use companions and clan members, including assigning them as formation leaders.
this is from my suggestionadd the ability (clan role) to make a sergeant from the companion in the army and add him to the group, for example, the presence of a sergeant in the army increases the morale of the detachment, if we give the command to independently manage the formations, then the sergeants will pump the appropriate skills (tactics) this is needed for my formation system.So that to completely move away from command and control (if you are a merchant or you have poor tactical and leadership skills) and just watch the battle.
Thanks for answering, glad to see they doThey read, here are 2 examples based on my suggestions :
this is from an early access blog
this is from my suggestion