[SP-MP][Poll-Debate] Performance of the fallback command

Where is the fallback command better implemented?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
I am opening this thread to gauge the general interest regarding the opinion of you players concerning the fallback command.

We come from here, when I decided some time ago to create a ticket believing that it must be a bug but unfortunately we got the information that this behaviour was following some intentional design guidelines.

Well... what is the difference between native fallback and retreat? to me... absolutely nothing. I am of the opinion that agents on foot should NEVER turn their backs to the enemy when executing the fallback command... Obviously we are talking about an SP orbit, but obviously this affects the MP section and the tactical possibilities in captain mode in the same way.

giphy.gif

ManorLords​

Check this out for yourself,
Here is a comparative video of how a group of infantrymen and archers operate the same fallback order; above the Native version, below the approach of Realistic Battle Mod's ai module.

The million dollar question,
How do you think the agents should operate, as they currently do by default (Native) or as proposed by RBM?

Thanks all for your attention.

RBM AI has it's own flaws but still hundred times better than native in most cases. This is also one of them for sure.

Last edited:
No comparison.
I do appreciate that there's been somewhat of a small improvement in this latest patch compared to the last time I played this game ages ago, but it's nowhere near the other mod you are showcasing.

The return of the king!
lord-of-the-rings-return-of-the-king.gif

It is absolutely nonsensical, it serves no purpose and gets men killed. Why would they even change it from Warband?

Back
Top Bottom