Some battlefield ideas: spooky horses, replace "riding skill not enough"

Users who are viewing this thread

It'd be a nice balancing act if horses could be spooked when attacking head on to projectile charges or spear charges. As it is now, cavalry can just charge into a shield wall, and sometimes the horses rear up, but it'd be neat e.g. if they sometimes just refused to charge.

Also, it'd be neat if you could get on any horse on the battlefield. As it is now, you're required to have enough skill points in riding. Which is fine, but having to search for a proper horse when yours fell in battle and you're trying to go back to where the rest of the army is not a great experience. In place of this the horse could be somewhat erratic, depending on the gap between your riding skill and the threshold for the horse. That way, the hero or the NPC could at least try to go somewere safe, instead of enemy cav playing polo with them in the open fields.

Needing a certain amount of skill points for jumping on a trained horse or using a certain bow is one of the most stupid features for me. Would be better if you could not control well such hot horses or shoot well the strong bows. I usually never use bows in the game but standing in front of a horse on the battlefield and read the "not allowed" message is ... unpleasant.

Therefore I cheat a little bit and put Riding to 50 in any playthrough. It is laborious enough to get from 50 to 60.

Back
Top Bottom