So... what's the deal with sea raiders?

Users who are viewing this thread

So far i have been to 3 areas that usually have lots of sea raiders on the map. First is the area right above Pravend (usually the most effective area), the second one is the coast between Diathma and Argoron, this one has few of them but still works sometimes. And the third one is the entire area of Balgard, Sibir and Varnopol in Sturgia, which is the one that makes most sense to me.
But im not here to just list places, im here to ask ¿WHY IS IT THAT SOMETIMES THERE IS LITERALLY NO SEA RAIDERS ANYWHERE? I'm writing this just after creating a new campaign and i said "oh well, let's kill some filthy pirates!" and went to all 3 of the locations and there were absolutely no raiders to be found, and i mean 0, not even a single party, not a hideout, nothing.
Can someone pls explain how sea raiders work, if there even is any explanation, ¿or do they just decide when to invade calradia with parties of 50 each?

Well.. I should hand over my save game... my map is ranover with searaiders, if not raiders, than a mix of looters or steppe bandits... between every town there is a hideout. no matter how much I kill of them,,

they don't die, they just multiply.

Its even so bad, that If i don't babysit the landstrip between Revyl and Varcheg, Revyl becomes totally isolated and cutt off from the rest of the world.

Every few days there spawn 2 sea raider hideouts and 1 forest bandit hideout on this mini strip of land. This breaks the economy of Sturgia, as all the caravans going up to revyl get butchered and all the villagers as well. I feel like AI lords should be able to attack hideouts as well, because currently its just a broken mechanism that only gives you headaches the longer you play the game.

Well.. I should hand over my save game... my map is ranover with searaiders, if not raiders, than a mix of looters or steppe bandits... between every town there is a hideout. no matter how much I kill of them,,

they don't die, they just multiply.

Its even so bad, that If i don't babysit the landstrip between Revyl and Varcheg, Revyl becomes totally isolated and cutt off from the rest of the world.

Every few days there spawn 2 sea raider hideouts and 1 forest bandit hideout on this mini strip of land. This breaks the economy of Sturgia, as all the caravans going up to revyl get butchered and all the villagers as well. I feel like AI lords should be able to attack hideouts as well, because currently its just a broken mechanism that only gives you headaches the longer you play the game.
I know right? Literally in the last campaign i started, i was trading is sturgia (before even joining a faction) and i got ambushed by a total of 83 freaking sea raiders, it altmost broke my entire army of 50 troops, but now there is nobody to be seen, it is so weird.

They seem to increase the higher level you get....can always one-shot you with javs though..buggers.
Yeah, bandit parties do seem to increase in size and numbers the higher level you go, but i didn't just start the campaign and go there, i was playing for about 2 hours, so i had decent equipment, a decent party, companions and plenty gold to go around. It isn't the first time this happens though, many times before sea raiders seem to be an endangered species on the map with only a couple parties to be found, but never have i encountered absolutely NO sea raiders like this time.

I saw sea raider hideouts in other areas, but those that you have listed are indeed most common ones in my experience too. It also seems, that there are pre-set locations of bandit hideouts and when you destroy hideout, it will re-spawn in random pre-set location (or semi-random as types of bandits seems environment specific -desert, steppe, coast etc). In it's place some other type of hideout can spawn.

I wrote a small guide on how to become friends with the sea raiders and marry one of their beautiful women. They are great but they ruin the Vlandia economy so perhaps devs toned them down. I have screen shot on my guide with 300+ sea raiders and another 200 outside screen shot near Galend and Pravend, before patch 1.4.

I am on a single campaign for several weeks. I just did a sweep, looking for Sea Raiders to fight, and I could find ZERO. It's not like I fight them normally; I'm a Khuzaiti. I see lots of Looters, Forest, Hill, and Steppe Bandits (Lordy! How many Steppe Bandits!!) but no Sea Raiders at all.

Not only sea raiders, but the whole bandit feature is broken. It's almost identical to Warband systems, which felt random and disconnected from the rest of the game.

I made a character after I read OP and found some sea raiders in Vlandia, in fact plenty when thinking its just start of game. Including a full hideout, there were also plenty of roaming mountain and forest bandits and looters. To my luck three groups left the hideout just as I came upon it.

I think the bandits re-spawn really fast when they are killed but when they re-spawn in Vlandia West Coast, then none hunts them down and they kind of stuck on that place. So if you cant find them elsewhere go to the West Coast and check.

If only the Roguery Perks had worked, we could hire all the bandits we need.

My old game 1.3 Galend West Coast
ifFyx.png

1.4 I think its going to be full later in game
4m-Qh.png

1.4 Pravend North
YdW90.png

Back
Top Bottom