So, I bought five new games today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Kazzan said:
I got whooped on my first playtrough aswell, but on my second I pretty much beat them without any trouble.  :???:

Haha, I nearly died twice on my 2nd and 3rd playthrough.

My lack of FPS experience on the computer shows.

Anyways, perhaps someone can help me. I originally had my computer wired up to my widescreen TV, it was grand. Dungeon Siege would not work with this however, it cut the screen in half. So I got my old monitor out, and it worked fine with it. This morning, I started up my computer and it won't work with the monitor, it's saying something like 30HZ is not compatible with the screen. I never even changed the refresh rate or ****. So I changed back to the Widescreen and it still doesn#t work. How can I fix this?

Mr Mohawk said:
Radalan said:
Mr Mohawk said:
I've already tried STALKER, was killed by the first group I seen *Facepalm*

You probably mean Stalker Call Of Pripyat.
Did you open fire on the two guys right in the beginning?

Shadow Of Chernobyl.

I tried to get the other Stalkers to help me, but I couldn't talk to the leader, so I just stabbed them and took their gear :lol:

Hmmm.... Doesn't Sidorovich tell you talk to Wolf ? And then Wolf sends you to the group of scouts next to the installment with bandits and then you can have them help you out?

You don't get anywhere in the game by killing all the people on your side.

I tried to talk to the leader of those "Scouts" but it didn't let me. Thats when I tried to see if hitting him would maybe unglitch him or some sort, and killed him :lol:

I was scared the others might shoot me too, so I stabbed them D:

Right now I can't play because of the aforementioned problems  :evil:

Dungeon siege 2 is the Grandpa version of Dragon Age.

Get some companions and don't approach the situation CoD way.

Doesn't matter what class you take as long as it isn't archers. Those guys really suck. I completed the game with a party of dual-wield melee, 2-hander melee, sword and shield melee and a wolf pet who was, of course, melee.

Hey guys, I am in the situation of having to decide which Xbox 360 games I'd like to buy in the near future (i.e. next week) and I thought I'd ask you about your opinions.

Thus far I know I want Fallout: New Vegas, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Assassin's Creed 2 (and maybe Brotherhood), Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age 2, Fable 2, Halo: Reach and maybe Left 4 Dead 2.

What other suggestions do you have? I am mainly curious about games which have appeared recently and which you consider are of some worth. The genre is of no importance to my considerations. I am a bit behind the loop in terms of what has appeared in the last months.

Vadermath said:
BLOPS and Halo? Meh. Spend that money on Kinect, I heard 'twas quite the gimmick.

Vader speaks the partial truth.

Don't buy Kinect, it's pretty boring. Amusing for the first hour, then you just lock away with the Wii :lol:

johncage said:
pretty stupid decision. always research games before you buy them.

You enjoy critisicing other folk?

Amagic said:
Dungeon siege 2 is the Grandpa version of Dragon Age.

Get some companions and don't approach the situation CoD way.

Doesn't matter what class you take as long as it isn't archers. Those guys really suck. I completed the game with a party of dual-wield melee, 2-hander melee, sword and shield melee and a wolf pet who was, of course, melee.

It's a brilliant bit of fun.

I'm a Dryad archer, backed up by another Dryad archer who can also heal, with a Dryad healer/mage and my favourite fella, a Half Giant tank. Why is he my favourite? Cause he dies, so we don't have to :lol:

Pretty detailed game, and the battles happen so quickly I have to pause several times to make sure no one is dying.

Meanwhile on the STALKER front, I finally managed to subdue those pesky bandits. :grin:

Agent Griff said:
Hey guys, I am in the situation of having to decide which Xbox 360 games I'd like to buy in the near future (i.e. next week) and I thought I'd ask you about your opinions.

Thus far I know I want Fallout: New Vegas, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Assassin's Creed 2 (and maybe Brotherhood), Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age 2, Fable 2, Halo: Reach and maybe Left 4 Dead 2.

Fallout: New Vegas, well it's an awesome game like the whole fallout series but I still preferred Fallout 3....New Vegas is particulary harder but the storyline is still awesome.
Call of Duty: Black Ops, well they are taking the COD series a bit far from what it was originally, this game wasn't much but the psychopathic story makes it also cool.
Assasin's Creed 2: Awesome.
Assassin's Creed: Bortherhood: Also awesome but I think they are also taking Assassin's Creed series too far (like COD) and this game wasn't as cool as the others, although you can buy/restore storages and other buildings and you can make your own Assassin's guild with it's advantages. The storyline sucks though.
Mass Effect 2: Only saw a bit of it on youtube but it does look as awesome and even more then the first game. Definetly worth buying.
Dragon Age 2: I'm not much into this type of games but if you do like the type of it then this game will suit you pretty well.
Fable 2: I think you meant Fable 3, no? Fable 3 is awesome and you can't run a kingdom and all of its features..so great.
Halo: Reach: Genious. A prequel for the Halo series. Storyline and Gameplay are awesome.
Left 4 Dead 2: Completly Great even though I never played it. Should buy it on steam though :mad:

I recommend you to buy Killing Floor. It's awesome especially if you have friends playing it.
And also this new one that came out, Bulletstorm, saw the walkthrough on youtube. The storyline isn't much, but the gameplay is just great, so are the scenarios.

Well I've got all those games on the Xbox, except Fallout NV because I didn't think it would be much of a change from 3.

I recommend Borderlands in place of NV, better than Fallout 3 IMO.

I had no knowledge Fable 3 is out.  :lol:

Just goes to show how behind I am in terms of stuff.

I was only asking about 360 games because my 360 is hidden away in a mountain valley far-far away from my apartment. That way I won't get to play a lot and it won't interfere with school, college and ****. Better that way. I have my trusty PC at home and I have the internet at home. The internet ultimately beats the **** out of any game in terms of hours I've lost in front of it.

So thus far I appreciate the reviews you've made to these games. I've also been thinking of adding Lost Planet 2 to the list, along with Alan Wake. Anything else? Any Heavy Rain-esque games on the Sex-Box?

Back
Top Bottom