So after about 30+ hours of playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and eventually wanting to make my own kingdom it turns out, that side of the game is missing like 90% of the content, the system doesn't work well, many features missing Features that are KEY to running a kingdom...

So my advice is don't ever start a kingdom until the features are implemented, just serve a kingdom and get a fief for from that kingdom, wasting time doing things for your own, doesn't pay off the way you recruit lords to join your faction seems broken weather you be friend or foe, it just doesn't feel right.. and there for it shouldn't be worth the time.

Also i wish they would just allow the updates to NOT interfere with the save files as it seems starting over every update is becoming increasingly annoying.... because the save file was from a past update..this needs ASAP fixing.

and sometime the game just ends up in an endless loading screen when starting a siege battle.

Save file compatibility should not be a priority in an EA I think.
As long as they fix the issues for new games. If that speeds up fixes, I would prefer that.

Also i wish they would just allow the updates to NOT interfere with the save files as it seems starting over every update is becoming increasingly annoying.... because the save file was from a past update..this needs ASAP fixing.

Yeah, this part is probably not a realistic expectation, unfortunately. A lot of development requires older systems to be re-worked, and sometimes, that new code simply cannot be made in such a way that the older method will still make "sense" to the engine. So, things can be fixed by preventing the issues, but nothing can be done to retroactively correct something that's already happened. The older code will read as gobblygook to the new code, and fixing that would take way too much time and money for something that may change again, anyway.

On the whole, I'd recommend against anyone getting too vested in any Early Access title. I just play with expectation of losing all of my progress at any moment. (Primary function now is testing: looking for exploits that need to be plugged, broken features, etc.)

Whut??? :shock:

Not even slightly. What you're referring to is akin to trying to take a car engine out of a car without opening the hood.

Internals need to be worked on first, man. Test pilots will find the final "dashboard" layout and "handling" VERY different, in the end.

Save file compatibility should not be a priority in an EA I think.
As long as they fix the issues for new games. If that speeds up fixes, I would prefer that.

I was able to continue my save from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 , do I need to start over? I get xp in tournaments and arenas now so I don't think we need to start over after every minor patch. Going from 1.0.x to 1.1 may require start over but I would hope they would include that in patch notes

I was able to continue my save from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 , do I need to start over? I get xp in tournaments and arenas now so I don't think we need to start over after every minor patch. Going from 1.0.x to 1.1 may require start over but I would hope they would include that in patch notes
Didn't get any problem between patches until now, been using the same save since day 1. You guys lost your saves?

Lost one between e1.0.3 and e1.0.4. Loading / continuing resulted in a hard-crash. Only just created a character, there, so no biggie. (We're talking about 1 hr. of play.)

Aside from that, I've received the, "Do you want to load the game with different modules?" warning, but I just clicked, "Continue," through it, and everything loaded just fine for e1.0.5 and e1.0.6.

However, people's mileage will vary. Depending on what the devs change, there may be results from nothing all the way to a corrupted save. The further along one is toward the end game, the more content and backlog the save-state will have, the more likely it is that something significant will no longer be compatible.

if that was the case, the game should of never came out EA
EZ fix
EA is basically beta testing. If you ever beta tested software, any software, this is always a possibility.

If your saved data is very important to you, DONT EA/beta test software. You agreed to this risk when you signed up for EA.

Developers will always attempt to preserve backwards compatibility just to save them the headache of threads like this. But breaking saved games is definitely fair game if it means solving bugs and in EA case also, adding new features.

if that was the case, the game should of never came out EA
EZ fix

Griping because you didn't get a complete game when the game clearly said it was early access is way beyond amusing to me.

Choosing to purchase an early access title is always a risk because you never, ever know when or if the game will ever hit a complete state.

Griping because you didn't get a complete game when the game clearly said it was early access is way beyond amusing to me.

Choosing to purchase an early access title is always a risk because you never, ever know when or if the game will ever hit a complete state.

^ Yes.

Folks, many things are not "done" yet. If you want a complete game, please wait until the official release. Buying into any Early Access title is an investment. Nothing is finished or ready for a final critique until the game goes gold.

That being said -- do feel free to offer feedback on game mechanics and what not as we play!

Also the betas tab on Steam exists for a reason. If you are worried about having to start over then once new patch comes out you can just opt into the older version and keep playing your save until you are done and then op out of the older version, get the newest one and go again.

Well just my 2 cents. I find it alot LESS annoying when u can get a character export/import mod now. Sure u still need to grind some stuff in each play, but you dont need to start over the character each new patch. Only the content.

Back
Top Bottom