So how is version 1.2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Have the banners/flags/shields textures been fixed? The latest version on PS4 (presumably 1.1.x) still has the tarnished banners/shields and it's an awful eyesore that I haven't seen anybody talking about lately while looking for news updates.
Yes, v1.2.x series fix the "dirty" shields & banners.

And why did my Imperial Wife's voice change when we got married
It would help us if we had more info - is the voice changed for every dialogue now (permanently), or just particular dialogues/sentences, and if so, which ones?
Technical Support and QA may need additional information, in which case it would be good if you would open a Tech Support thread about this issue.

It would help us if we had more info - is the voice changed for every dialogue now (permanently), or just particular dialogues/sentences, and if so, which ones?
Technical Support and QA may need additional information, in which case it would be good if you would open a Tech Support thread about this issue.
Pretty sure it is permanent, kind of hard to tell since it's just the basic greetings. What other line(s) could I possibly even trigger? I'll try to get a save to a convenient point, and open a thread - though I gotta imagine someone else has by now?

I mean this is basically the extent of relationships in Bannerlord...

There isn't much beyond greetings and surrenders. Even that isn't consistent since Sturgians and Khuzaits have surrender lines, but other cultures do not. I think it would have been better to just give key characters with actual dialogue (i.e. Neretzes Folly) voices and leave everyone else silent. The fact most dialogue isn't voiced, but some is, just kind of jarring.

I have discovered a new crash, and this is fairly common. Not sure if this is due to me being Independent Clan yet and at war with Kingdoms. Or if it's because the original Faction Leaders are dead, but the vassalage offers (which I don't see) appear to be crashing my game.

Code:
- Exception
Exception information
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem
CallStack:

at bool Helpers.FactionHelper.CanPlayerOfferVassalage(Kingdom offerKingdom, out List playerWars, out List warsOfFactionToJoin)
    at bool TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.VassalAndMercenaryOfferCampaignBehavior.VassalKingdomSelectionConditionsHold(Kingdom kingdom)
    at T TaleWorlds.Core.Extensions.GetRandomElementWithPredicate(MBReadOnlyList e, Func predicate)
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.VassalAndMercenaryOfferCampaignBehavior.DailyTick()
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec list)
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.DailyTick()
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.DailyTick()
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.DailyTick(MBCampaignEvent campaignEvent, object[] delegateParams)
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MBCampaignEvent.RunHandlers(params object[] delegateParams)
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MBCampaignEvent.CheckUpdate()
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.SignalPeriodicEvents()
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.Tick()
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnMapModeTick(float dt)
    at void TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnTick(float dt)
    at void TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(float dt)
    at void TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(float dt)
    at void TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(float dt)
    at void TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch2(Module this, float dt)

Ah well if nothing else finally got to try Siege Ambushes. Had a good laugh when I effectively routed a small army besieging castle, because the troops with me were able to kill the reinforcements faster than they could send them.

Also I gotta say kind of disappointed with TW's weather now. It looks like from the campaign map there's a decent amount of clouds, rain, etc. But seriously in a dozen hours haven't even had one battle in the rain, despite rain being nearby. But that wet ground texture sure is impressive with dust clouds! The campaign map feature is nice since it adds some life to world, but gotta say Realistic Weather Mod is still superior. I don't think I'll ever see a snowstorm in base game, if that's even implemented.
So like most things Taleworlds implement it's either: lackluster, poorly thought out, or only half heartedly completed? (Favorite example being "Order of Battle")

Could you share which version you were playing on, and if the crash is happening after clicking the offer notification or immediately upon the vassal offer appears?

I don't see the message, just presumably when I should be getting offer game was crashing

So like most things Taleworlds implement it's either: lackluster, poorly thought out, or only half heartedly completed? (Favorite example being "Order of Battle")

Yeah I seem to be running into more and more crashes. Obviously I can say that BannerCraft is probably to blame say when I opened Smithing Menu background is black and game CTDs. But there's others I'm sure where there game is just failing to cope with later stages, like starting a siege battle. Just kind of irritating that this whole game is built around the idea that most players will never get much past Clan Rank 2, and see the game for what it truly is.

There is something really messed up with the QA process of this game. I don't know if that's because it's because it's basically one dude locked away in a boiler room, or the Devs completely disregard any feedback that isn't bug/crash related. Like anyone who plays this game for any amount of time and doesn't find being forced to talk to every party absolutely mind-numbing must be mental. Why is a 300 man party stopping to "parley" with a group of 3 Looters? Why do I have to talk to every single Lord when I take them prisoner? Do you know how effing annoying it is to take like 12 Lords prisoner after an Army battle all for them to say "I yield! I yield!" ?

And so because of stuff like this that should be simple text notes or contextual menu for what you want to do, where we had somewhat nice in-game cutscenes, we now have terrible pre-rendered backdrops so people with HDDs don't waste minutes loading this nonsense. All to have something that makes Warband's conversations actually look better.

OOB has never bothered me too much, since I never really liked to mess with formations a great deal. But it's definitely a loss that you can't say assign Recruits or any unit to a particular formation anymore.

Back
Top Bottom